It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender student prompts walkout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
KMOV Missouri

More than 150 students walked out of Hillsboro High School over a dispute about the use of the girl’s locker room by a transgender student.

The walkout lasted for about two hours. Roughly 30-40 people showed support for senior Lila Perry, who wants to use the girls’ locker room during gym class. Perry was born a male but said she has identified as a female since 13.

“There’s a lot of ignorance, they are claiming that they’re uncomfortable. I don’t believe for a second that they are. I think this is pure and simple bigotry,” said Perry.

150 students walked out of a high school to protest a transgender student. The young man says he has identified as a girl since he was 13. In the video at the link, you can see him. Skinny boy but broad shoulders. He should probably put on some weight and he might not feel so girly.

Anyways, this story is about a selfish boy. He wants in the girl's locker room real bad. They gave him his own bathroom but he doesn't want that. He wants to be a girl. And damned if the other girls feel uncomfortable, he wants his way. I'd be willing to bet the girls would rather use his unisex bathroom one by one than change with him. I stand behind walkouts to protest these people. We give accommodations to this minority but they don't ease any fears we may have. Shame on him, we have not the means to make him perfectly comfortable in his skin. Out of our hands. Unisex or home school homie.
edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: added some text

edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Talked about it yesterday. Thread got closed closed as it lowered it self to go die rants.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Didn't see that, thank you. Closing thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hopefully this will start to mark the end of forced locker room use. It was always rather rapey to begin with. Heard of girls and boys not feeling comfortable with group undressing and getting bad grades for not changing in front of everyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It was perhaps a little weird getting changed for PE but i was always focused on getting my combo lock right. Never showered with other guys except in jail. Now they are forcing taxpayers in CA to pay for inmate sex changes. I wouldn't want to be a female in jail with a man. It's just so wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I notified staff about if this is a duplicate thread. No answer, so it's still open at this point. Anyone want to discuss it, and I will try to keep all the animals on point?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well for transgender inmates there are plenty of prisons that just put them in with the females. It just seems to me that they blow all of this so out of the proportion all the time. Create problems where there doesn't need to be any. For a non-violent transgender female if she gets convicted while going through the change it is a health risk if hormone treatment etc is not provided at that point. Also, prison health care systems pay for all sorts of things that I am not a huge fan of but it's just one of the side effects of housing inmates.

Did you know they pay for cancer treatments for child molesters and serial killers?

I have met a few transgender women and to be honest out of all the people I've known I would feel the safest around them changing as anyone else. I've had "straight" women in my life accost me in bathrooms and of course pervy men outside of restrooms. But I have never had a drag queen or a transgender woman do anything other than compliment a shirt from time to time.

People need to get over this nonsense.
edit on 2-9-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2015 by OrphanApology because: met. grammar

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Hopefully this will start to mark the end of forced locker room use. It was always rather rapey to begin with. Heard of girls and boys not feeling comfortable with group undressing and getting bad grades for not changing in front of everyone.

I agree with this. I've never been fond of PE at school any way. Kids and teens get plenty of exercise as it is. School is for brain work. If they want to join one of the school teams, that's a different story, and it's a choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I agree.

P.E. is a complete waste of time and money. Active kids are going to be active and lazy kids are going to be lazy, offer sports after school and the kids that want them will participate. Better yet, optional clubs that aren't paid for by the school districts.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can't see an issue here. The school offered her an acceptable, reasonable resolution but she doesn't want to be segregated. So all the girls must be made to feel uncomfortable for one individual, who was adequately accommodated? Nope. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

P.E. is a complete waste of time and money. Active kids are going to be active and lazy kids are going to be lazy, offer sports after school and the kids that want them will participate. Better yet, optional clubs that aren't paid for by the school districts.

Physical activity is a necessary component to learning and health. If the obesity epidemic is of any indication, physical education has already been deemed a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Obesity epidemic is caused by too many carbohydrates in the diet. I was a somewhat lazy teen that played video games every waking moment. Home schooled. Minimal exercise beyond swinging swords in Final Fantasy 7.

Stopped being lazy in 20's at some point but I have also always been skinny.

I also have always hated corn heavy snacks and bread. I love meat and fat, always have. My favorite snack as a teen was beef jerky and pickles.

You know there are many countries where the kids may or may not be in PE but spend many hours studying all the time that aren't walking marshmellows?

PE is a waste of money and time. There is no correlation between PE and obesity rates. The reason is that most PE classes are insufficient and watered down to the point where there is no benefit to the kids in them. Think fat kid in the corner. PE class does not make said fat kid suddenly start doing interval training.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The other thread reopened. Be careful not to get too emotional.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

im with you.
i was involved in the thread yesterday. after pages i decided to watch the vid.
this 'person', lila, looks like alexis arquette.
looks exactly like a boy, complete with the bulging pecker in the skirt.
sounds like barry white
looks like a boy trying to look like a girl

pretty annoying when peoples under age daughters are expected to undress in front of this boy cause this boy feels like a girl

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thank you. The school has already built a special bathroom for him. If the girls don't want to undress in front of him, they shouldn't have to. Ungrateful and entitled seem to be the attributes we are giving to our children these days.

If you can't look down your pants and see what you are, you are either mentally disturbed or too fat. No man has ever been in a woman's body in the first place, so how the hell could they know they feel like a woman? Men equals different than women.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Looks like the other thread is open. Maybe I will see you there if people can behave themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

To you it is a waste of time and money, surely. People who do not want to be active would make such an argument. If we were to compare the health of those who took their physical education seriously to those who didn’t, I wonder what kind of results we’d come up with?

A lack of physical activity, along with nutrition and lifestyle, is a direct cause of obesity. This is something they teach in PhysEd. If the fat kid in the corner took his health seriously, he would be participating. But to him it is just a waste of time and money.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I can't see an issue here. The school offered her an acceptable, reasonable resolution but she doesn't want to be segregated. So all the girls must be made to feel uncomfortable for one individual, who was adequately accommodated? Nope. Sorry.

Yes seems a perfectly reasonable solution, they could even come up with snappy title for the policy, somethin like "separate but equal" might work....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Yes seems a perfectly reasonable solution, they could even come up with snappy title for the policy, somethin like "separate but equal" might work....

.... and, your point? I'm not getting it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

.... and, your point? I'm not getting it.

You might consider if segregation of a minority really is a reasonable solution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join