It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are OBEs Paranormal or Neurological?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

The soul has properties, but I don't think humans are capable of understanding them. I mean we could try, but I don't know how far we can get without hurting our brains. It's a lot easier to understand the soul in the Spirit World. For example, the soul can never be destroyed completely, but if it had a very difficult human life, it could get damaged. But there are healers in the Spirit World who can heal souls completely, so it's not a problem. Trying to understand the soul's properties will be extremely difficult as a human. It's like a creation trying to understand it's creator, it's really hard unless the creation becomes the creator. I believe it's impossible for creation to become completely like the creator in a physical world such as planet Earth. In the Spirit World, there are no limits. But in a physical world such as planet Earth, there are limits. If you have the time, try to read the books I've mentioned, they can explain it a lot better. You can torrent them if you don't got money. Just don't tell the author about the torrent.

edit on 2-9-2015 by TheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Let's change the focus because stimulating a portion of the brain is not but some evidence that where in the brain such effects can be activated. Let's look at the much maligned topic of Remote Viewing.

hi aliensun, thx for the contribution. i've been referring obliquely to the findings of the rv programs sponsored by the u.s. and the soviets, which concluded that the retrieved info had an only slightly better than chance probability of being correct. it should also be noted that those prone to obes and whatnot were chosen as subjects (or operatives lol), which means that it's super likely the people who were being studied had a high degree of lability in the areas of the brain associated with obes, ndes, and other hinky stuff.

ok, i still think that looking at how the accurate info might be encoded and decoded neurologically is a good place to start when trying to understand instances that elude current scientific understanding. just knowing that our brains do play a part in what's happening is wicked exciting, right?

edit on 2-9-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLord

The soul has properties, but I don't think humans are capable of understanding them. I mean we could try, but I don't know how far we can get without hurting our brains.

amirite?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

LOL.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boticelli

One fellow from whom I learned the trick of "watching palms of your own hands" in order to stabilize this sensation says that in his dreams he... makes love to beautiful women having real orgasms.

lucid dreams are the loophole in marriage vows. good thing my wife doesn't visit this forum lol. have you (or anybody you know) ever brought back info that you could verify irl?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I can't get into the quantum side of things because it's above and outside of what I know. The concepts appeal and the language is foreign.

Whatever seems to be going on, there's an implication that sometimes, some people can be aware of physical reality when some of their senses are detached. How does that work? How can someone whose eyes are closed and they're clinically unconscious go on to describe seeing things? We're into rods and cones and photons bouncing through optical nerves via retinas.

On what screen are these images projected? How are images resolved without light, retinas or optic nerves?

Given that it's all electrical, I wonder if there's been any research of sleep patterns (REM sleep?) in a Faraday Cage? There's been Faraday studies with people who thought they were sensitive to EM radiation. If you don't beat me to it, maybe it's worth looking at REM sleep and Faraday cages? Just curious...

...and it's late. Logging off.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Whatever seems to be going on, there's an implication that sometimes, some people can be aware of physical reality when some of their senses are detached. How does that work?

the only explanation that i see working is is that sensory information in the brain comes in the form of electrical impulses, and that we can receive those impulses from sources other than our immediate environment. you'd have to be tracking those impulses in real time during one of these episodes to be sure that that is how the info is being received, but we'd still be at a loss as to the source of the info.

obe experiments conducted in a faraday cage have led the experimenters to conclude that em barriers inhibit the transmission of info. which backs the idea that the whole shebang is electromagnetic in nature, right?

eta: ok, so it looks like sleeping in proximity to a pc can act as a jammer, emf exposure does affect rem activity, and that obes have a strong link to lucid dreaming. check these for more.

EMF-protection sleep study near mobile phone base stations

Out-of-the-Body Experiences and Dream Lucidity

Influence of the geomagnetic activity on the human functional

edit on 2-9-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

lucid dreams are the loophole in marriage vows. good thing my wife doesn't visit this forum lol. have you (or anybody you know) ever brought back info that you could verify irl?

I' m not sure if I understand you acurately but yet I answer: yes. It was about ten years ago. I worked in one of the newspaper in Russia. One day one of my fellow-workers, Max comes into the editorial office declaring: "you know fellas - general Lebed' has just died in the helicopter accident..." Some time later we learn that it is wrong - Lebed' is safe and sound and there was no any accident. Max says on the next day that it was his grandfather who told him about the accident. Evidently the old man fall asleep by the speaking wireles and probably messed up dream and reality.
And what do you think - general Lebed' didn't die that time - he WILL die two weeks later in helicopter accident...Actually the old man predicted his death
edit on 2-9-2015 by Boticelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boticelli

thanks, man, that's unfortunate for the general, but very interesting and pertinent to the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally postthanks ATODASO
a reply to: Boticelli

thanks, man, that's unfortunate for the general, but very interesting and pertinent to the topic at hand.

I'm happy to hear it, thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've had very many OBE's, i've explored as far as my mind allows. I happen to think consciousness creates physical reality.

Your consciousness is not restrained to your physical body, everything you see is consciousness. Our bodies are 99.9% empty space. Meaning the distance between the electrons and nucleus of an atom is relative to the distance between planets and stars.

This physical reality is exactly like a dream, only much more dense. In a dream, or OBE, the reality is much more easily manipulatable through ones own consciousness because it is a "lighter" reality. Meaning, flying, telepathy, telekinesis, manifestation, instant healing, all of that, happens much quicker because it is "less dense". You can jump off a building, forget how to fly, hit the ground, and be completely ok.

Physical reality is the same thing.

We are here to learn how to expand our consciousness which in turn, allows a person to become telekinetic, telepathic, and eventually everything we can do in an OBE or lucid dream.

We've all heard stories of super moms lifting a car to save their kid, or jumping from a ski lift to save their kid, or things along those lines that shouldn't be possible, but in a state of expanded consciousness and heightened awareness they are.

It is a matter of training your mind to feel and allow perception of the wider reality.

OBE's are one aspect of a much bigger/wider/deeper reality.

The ancients new this. This is what "they" are afraid of people knowing.

This the the war that is happening on our minds.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Actually according to Einsteins general and
special relativity, space and time are emergent
properties of something deeper.

So it would seem that saying something
is physical in no way invalidates that
deeper order, which might be viewed
as 'spiritual'.

In my view there is no 'paranormal', only
additional properties of the one same
stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2015 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
Metaphysic's suits you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join