It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starfish-killing robot close to trials on Great Barrier Reef.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That seems quite a bit excessive for starfish, I would also feel uneasy about how they said that it will automatically detect...I..I don't feel like this auto detect is something that has always stirred us right all the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Maybe we should find out why so many starfish are there to begin with.

You know finding the REAL reason why and addressing the problem at the root.

Then again, releasing a robot programmed to kill starfish sounds much more rational.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: joho99

Scary. Genocide bot.

What does it inject them with. Im sure it would be insignificant to humans of course, but can still imagine standing in the water and feeling a sting.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiriya

Seems like there would be a species they could sterilize and release that only eats starfish.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Run away Patrick.......he is coming for you . Go find Sandy.....
Best possible post in this thread right here. I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it first.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

There probably is and could be one, or one that at least would devour starfish but you know science and seeing what we can accomplish reared it's head and we had to push forward.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We might be smart, but we're not very bright.

Back in the day we would of tried poisoning them, which would of turned into some huge ecological disaster, but now that we've grown some, we'd rather release a few bots into the ocean to kill for us.

I can foresee a future with many robotic animals doing nature's tasks since we've either destroyed or are on the verge of destroying much of the planet that just can't be put back.

Fearmongering? If it was made by humans, the fear is just turned into a hazard of reality, fear implies it's still just a thought, if it's moving and we made it, it's a hazard to mankind and the planet.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: To add explosions and special effects of the likes Michael Bay's dreams never imagined.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: joho99

Is this the first time we will have let a autonomous killing robot out into the wild?

Some might say it is only starfish, but i find the idea disturbing.

Agreed. I'm not some crazed animal rights person but it does sound really creepy.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

*GROAN*
That was so terrible that I'm star-ting to get a migraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join