It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generations of Street Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just today I saw a story in the New York Post about a black woman who just yesterday lost her second son to street violence in Brooklyn NY.

I wanted to check out the story on the internet so I goggled “woman looses second son to streets” and I got what I thought was that story. Not really…. Lo and behold it didn’t say Brooklyn NY it said all sorts of other cities where the same story as the Brooklyn tale was again enacted in another American city:

Chicago, Oakland, Omaha, Grand Rapids, Long Island, Roseland…on and on I don’t know how many more similar stories in he hood where even woman have lost more than 2 children to street violence, indeed sometimes 3!

Who is dealing with this crisis?

Black lives matter?

www.google.com...=woman+looses+second+son+to+streets

I couldn’t even find the Brooklyn story that apparently is burring in the pile somewhere.

Here's is the story
patch.com...

edit on 2-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Who is dealing with this crisis?

Nobody is. Nobody will. Or at least, nobody outside of the communities where things like this are commonplace. While I work in a very rough neighborhood, I live in a relatively safe suburb, so I admit it's "easy for me to say" but I honestly believe that the only people that have any chance of cleaning up these places are the people that live there. I know that is not fair. One of the main purposes of our government is to provide safety and security for all citizens. That being said, and I suspect this is risky because bad guys hate "rats," but the people that live in the communities know who the gang-bangers are. They know where the drug dens are. Only when these people work closely with law enforcement can places get turned around.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ethnically based communities look to LE and elected officials to provide security and investigate incidents of violence that take place where they reside. Many investigations are stymied by the lack of cooperation by those that live there, yet outcries of nothing being done are voiced by many. It is an unending cycle, it seems.

Outsiders looking in wonder why community leaders aren't willing to assign blame when the culprits reside among them, or mobilize residents to gather information on or offer up the guilty. An unending cycle again, it seems. With the levels of distrust with LE, and unarmed black men being shot reported regularly in the media, can they be blamed for non-cooperation? A lot of mending and trust restored may help, but the ingrained mentality of not giving up fellow residents who commit acts of violence will never enhance the chance of catching those responsible.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

You can say the same about the police as well. Snitches get stitches. Until the good ones, who far outnumber the bad ones, stand up to their own and say enough is enough........nothing will change.

You're right though, changes like this need to be internal. Anyone who still believes that the government is here to help us is hopelessly naive.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath that intrenal changes on any level of society are going to happen. In order for the good people of a neighborhood to have an effect on the bad to where the bad step down........the good have to "stoop to their level" for at least a day to get their respect. Get some Uzis and mow down some crack houses.

Dont like it Darnell?........

Whats up Billy Bob?.........

Get the hell out, or you're next.

When the numbers are 100 to one....guess who wins?

Its good intentions backed by violence because bad people don't respect good intentions alone. They respect violence regardless of intent. It's the only language they understand.

And if you don't believe me when I say this will never happen.........Wait for all the responses that will find anything to discredit the option I gave.

In every sector of society, career and on every social and economic level, the good people far outnumber the bad, yet the bad wield more influence, dictate policies and pretty much run the show.That will never change as long as the good people remain spineless and silent because they don't want to "stoop to their level".

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That's exactly why there's a glaring hypocrisy about the Black Lives Matter movement. Blacks are shooting blacks in their own neighborhoods. Don't their lives matter? The violence and shootings in the black community is ramped across this country. They need to address the violence in their community if they don't want the police to be questioning and targeting them. Police patrol high crime areas, that's what they're supposed to do.

If you noticed, the crimes in St. Louis and Baltimore have increased. I can guarantee the reason for that is police are backing off patrols in those areas. If I was a cop, I would be doing the same thing. Why would I risk my life and be a target of a movement that promoted attacking police?

The black lives movement will end up back firing and more black lives will be taken by their own hands. This is the same movement who complained about police profiling them. They're doing the same thing with police.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The reason they don't focus on black on black crime is because to focus on black on black crime is to admit that white people are not responsible. Maintaining the narrative that white people are the oppressor and blacks are victims is more important than results.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Divide and conquer!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The violence in Chicago and the streets of America is an issue that’s eludes a solution.

That’s one reason activists want to avoid it.

What can be done?

More police?

Better education for the inner city poor?

This kind of stuff:

Mothers band together to protect Chicago neighborhood

www.cnn.com...

Tamar Manasseh is the founder of Mothers Against Senseless Killings, the group organizing the patrols. Each day from 4 to 8 p.m., a group of about 15 volunteers congregates near the 7500 block of South Harvard Avenue in the Englewood area to begin the community patrol. They cook hot dogs and hamburgers, sit in lawn chairs and walk the neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If I was a husband of one of these women, I would be concerned for her safety. It's difficult to reason with the criminal element when most of them are filled with anger and hate. It only takes one day and a drive-by shooting for angry street thugs to prove they control the streets. These women who want to make a difference in their neighborhood could easily be the target.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Black Lives Matter Leader: “Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ’em Like Bacon” Chant Was Intended As “Playful”

A leading Black Lives Matter activist has defended the threatening chants leveled at police at a protest rally, just hours before three police officers were gunned down in cold blood.

One day if it survives BLM may turn into a decent civil rights group but right now its a folly and a joke run by ignorant children.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The violence in Chicago and the streets of America is an issue that’s eludes a solution.

That’s one reason activists want to avoid it.

What can be done?

More police?

Better education for the inner city poor?

This kind of stuff:

Mothers band together to protect Chicago neighborhood

www.cnn.com...

Tamar Manasseh is the founder of Mothers Against Senseless Killings, the group organizing the patrols. Each day from 4 to 8 p.m., a group of about 15 volunteers congregates near the 7500 block of South Harvard Avenue in the Englewood area to begin the community patrol. They cook hot dogs and hamburgers, sit in lawn chairs and walk the neighborhood.

While I commend them for trying to take back their community, they are also part of the problem. Too many mothers and no dads in the black community. No community can have an out of wedlock birth rate of 75% and expect anything good to come of it.

In general, I don't think women can show a boy how to be a man. What you have now in the black community is a bunch of feral young men with no real guidance from real men. In a odd way, much of the violence stems from these boys being raised by women in an effeminate manner and not understanding how to disagree with others and settle disputes. Take the drama of loud black females and combine that with the testosterone of young men who don't have any other male role models around and you get the thugs we have in the black community today.

join