It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government desensitising over migrant crisis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just a quick question. The news in the U.K. (forever its feels like!) Is once again dominated by the migrant crisis across Europe.
Every night it is on, now to the point where I don't even bother turning the news on, I've spoken to a few people and they feel the same way.
Is this desensitization,? if so what are the Governments plans when we don't care anymore?
Any ideas? Is there more to this? I'm interested to hear from you guys!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rjaravenheart

By and large nowadays the major media is the propaganda arm of the government. Whatever the "hot topic" is.... you can be sure there is something else going.

If they are talking about healthcare.... they are about to set some sort of horrible economic policy, for example.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rjaravenheart

Could you let me and perhaps others that live across the pond know exactly what this 'migrant crisis' in the U.K. is and why it is considered to be a crisis? I have no idea and you have no links in your OP.
edit on 2015/9/2 by Metallicus because: fixed problem

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Short explanation:
We (the US and EU) throw bombes and cause missery.
And the people flee to the EU.

Let's see...
We get about a thousand tefugees for every billion the US "invests" in war.
!And yes: my country participates!!
edit on 2-9-2015 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

Ohw and shhh...I'm watching propaganda on tv now!
(So please be quiet)
edit on 2-9-2015 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Metallicus

Here is a link to just a small sliver of what is going on over in Europe

Small sliver ... a fragment...a drop in the ocean.

Reality:
Dead drowned people on every beach in the Mediterranean.
Governments waiting to close their borders with walls.
People in fear because we don't have the resources to house and feed the refugees.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

Why don't they stand and fight like the British did in WWII?

If they fought, they would easily win because there are much more of them... now they are all fleeing which means Syria will be finished and then what? ISIS and other Groups expand further??

I feel sorri for the children yes because they have no choice, so yes they should be taken some safe place and porobably with the Mothers!

At the end of the day, we can't take everyone... not in te UK anyway. First port of call is Turkey and then Greece.

What is wrong with 'Greece' anyway?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Perhaps, it is Cameron's way of getting his war in Syria, and thereby effecting regime change that the West wants? The so-called 'migrant crisis' has been allowed to exacerbate and compound itself into a real life-threatening situation for those we call migrants. The worse it gets, the more radical solution can be put forwarded to effect a solution. In my mind, the only solution is a full on war to clear both Syria and Libya up. Get rid of Assad, and get rid of ISIS. The West gets it war, and the gets to clean up those countries, so that the migrants can be returned back to them to start anew under Western influence.

top topics

join