It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Skies finale

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The big let down for me was that the queens motive was vengeance. I would have been much happier if they were just emotionless, evolved insects. It doesn't make sense to me. They were destroying planets for a while before they came to earth. There was never any mention of emotional motive before, why throw it in at the very end?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Very good point, the whole manifest destiny thing rubbed me the wrong way from the start of the queen's explanation. You'd think their motivations would be a bit more nuanced. And the Earth being the only "habitable" world in the galaxy? That's just lazy writing/research.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

He was ok in the beginning but too contrived in tat a school teacher or professor would end up leading a military group when they already had a vet.

Also, I hated Mason's fake, growling voice he came up with the last 2 seasons. Really irritated me.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Of course it was TV. I think in real life someone like him would either be killed early on or sent packing. If he came back, he wouldn't leave again.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We loved the first two seasons of Falling Skies, and then they started getting weird with the soap opera treatment on Tom and the Doc's little girl growing up all of a sudden. It just sort of meandered away with the rag-tag freedom fighter vibe we'd fallen in love with.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I enjoyed the show from day one, even through the slow and overly dramatic bits. It was falling off in the end.

Pope and Weaver kept me in it. I relate to Pope on a few levels and Weaver is a man I'd really like to be like. I've always been a fan of American History and originally I'm from MA, so the 2nd Mass was right up my alley.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fldinosaur

Oh god that voice, got on my nerves too, just generally found myself rolling my eyes at the guy after a season or two.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I fell out of the show in season three... got a little tedious for this hard-SF fan.

Maybe I'll catch up and see if it's worth diving in again.
edit on 2-9-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just power watched the last half season 5. The Aliens movie queen with eggs rip off was bit lame, but ok overall.

Season one and two were good.

edit on 2-9-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Half way liked the series.

Another vote for drawn out, and a ending that went out with a whimper.

Gonna miss it. I suppose.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: fldinosaur
a reply to: StallionDuck

Of course it was TV. I think in real life someone like him would either be killed early on or sent packing. If he came back, he wouldn't leave again.

Yeah but I was referring to tv vs movie

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Was Cochise the Volm friend or foe? I know he and his Volm army helped humans kill skeeters and Eshpheni but most scenes, he was always with the 'oh, I did not mention this before but...' and then reveal info to either help or explain hinder! In the end, the entertainment value of the show became quite risible just because of Cochise's input.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join