It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Skies finale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Falling Skies

I just caught the final Falling Skies episode and damn that is how a TV show is supposed to end. I know most people that love shows hate the endings of them and I count myself part of that group, but damn that was good. Like any good story, they need a beginning, middle, and end. Too many shows nowadays pitch a 1st season and don't even have a plan for what comes after.

I don't know if this link is allowed but free streaming is always good: (Mods: If it's not allowed I apologize in advance)
[(it's not allowed)]

For anybody who hasn't watched the show at all:

Survivors of an alien attack on earth gather together to fight for their lives and fight back.

The story centers on Tom Mason and his family, a history professor from Boston and his 3 sons, who basically get drafted into the 2nd American revolution, or the 1st human revolution, against a race of alien invaders. Against overwhelming odds and superior technology, the humans not only resist, but fight back against the aliens with unlikely allies.

Anybody else a fan? What did you think of the finale? I'm really surprised I didn't find anything in the quick search I did.
edit on 2-9-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not a bad ending to a drawn out show. They done well to be fair considering the cancellation of the show was a surprise to everyone involved.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Really it was a surprise? Here I thought it was a well planned ending? Dang.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Its over? I watched up until this season, but about three episodes in I lost interest.

Maybe I will download the rest of the shows and watch them at some point, but I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes the final episode was on 08/30. With so few episodes left, I would suggest finishing it off at least but I hate cliffhangers.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Really good show but the end seemed too calm compared to everything else. I kind of got the feel that the producers and or writers just kind of flaked out at the end and just didn't have anything else to write about, or just didn't care. Still, for a TV show, it's was really good.

I really enjoyed this series. Sorry it ended too soon, but they just kept rinse & repeating everything till it wore on me a bit. I still give it:

edit on 2-9-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I really liked the show, but the finale just seemed too rushed. The Ashphene(sp?) could decimate all the world's militarys at the start of the invasion, but in the end couldn't defend the queen from a bunch of rag-tag militias. And why would the queen go to Earth after the power station on the Moon had been destroyed? The whole killing the queen kills them all at the same time struck me as a Deus Ex Machina. Then fast forward and undetermined amount of time and everyone has new suits. Looks like the first order of business was to reopen barber shops and clothing manufacturers.

Good show overall, though, and I'm glad to see The Librarians returning.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Enjoyed it from start to finish, though I agree the last episode felt rushed, I was left with a 'ah ok then' feeling.

One thing that has stuck with me through the whole 5 seasons, I just never like Tom Mason, and I tried!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Rght!?! Even expected far more from Poe and his men. I mean, they climaxed everything like it was going to be something huge! ...and then poof. I was kinda surprised to see him at the end, but even then it was just lame.

Series =

End =

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

After the first season, I figured they just should have called the bloody series "Tom Masson and his kids". lol

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

lol yeah they should have
... kudos to the other characters though, they kept me around!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All very good points, and I can see the whole "deus ex machina" now that I've reflected a bit. I was still hooked from the beginning though and even just being centered on one family, there were tons of other story arcs to help keep your interest through slower episodes.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
One and a half words describe the ending of Falling Skies.

Anti-Climactic.

And it doesn't look like Spielberg's other series(The Whispers), is going to get a second season.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: StallionDuck

lol yeah they should have
... kudos to the other characters though, they kept me around!

Colonel Weaver. Best character in the series. If it weren't for him, and a few others, I'd have quit long before the end.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'd never heard of The Whispers until now. I've always liked Spielberg's movies.

Then again, even given a great movie/miniseries idea, some directors can't pull it off. Look at how great SK's Under the Dome could have been and the extended monstrosity it became.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was expecting a lot more at the end tbh
Something bigger than all the aliens acting like fireworks lol and another thing Tom should of lost more no way should his wife be alive after her death that was silly a reply to: thov420

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: darknewt

I totally agree, I wish there was more there there. From what's been said so far though, the ending was apparently rushed which never sits right with me.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I watched this series since the pilot episode, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I could have done without some of the personal drama, especially the love triangle between the Mason boys and the bada#* girl. It was drawn out a bit, but was always intended to highlight the human sense of perseverance and unity against a common enemy.

I liked the progression of the relationship between Mason and the Colonel, and was initially impressed with the concept of the alien skitters and overlords. There will now be a gap on my Sunday nights, and will miss one of the few TV shows I watched regularly. Guess that makes me a nerd and boring.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I totally agree and Sundays will never be the same. I really hope future series producers take notes from this show, because if they do, TV will only get better.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I thought the final season was rushed and lacked depth. The season finale was predictable and boring. The writers didn't do anything to create a real climax. They threw in some silly references to Nazca and silly references to aboriginal natives...all which fell flat. The climactic scene between Mason and the "Queen" was drole. Basically the writers sleepwalked their way through the finale, instead of a crescendo I got a little firecracker. Oh yeah, kill the queen and mysteriously all the others go "pop." Really? Complete letdown.

Further, there was no point in bringing Pope back into the timeline. It was trite.

I know there are people that enjoyed it, but honestly the first 3 seasons were good...after that the writing seemed to take a nosedive. (The one highlight in the final season was the "execution scene" when the three were facing the firing squad.

JMO but I felt severely let down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join