It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canny Cruz Plays Trump Like a Fiddle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sorry brother, you're getting attacked and I was replying to Krazyshot. I do think Ted Cruz would make a great president. People saying he is dishonest is disingenuous. He is a lot like Trumo in that he doesn't care what his detractors say.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Then you guys in the UK must like open borders and bloated Government. That is not for me. Common sense tells me: Shut Em Down

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I like Ben Carson as a human being but not my President. He is too soft. Anti-2nd Amendment. Too centrist for me. A lot like Trump before the past few years.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I question what difference does it make with Pastors perching politics in their sermon. How can they lead their flock while leaving out a huge portion of reality? How can one who speaks politics in a church, bring about laws contrary to the Constitution. If anything thing, Government wants to restrict freedom of religion. Ted Cruz could not have a Theocracy.
edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: forgot "of religion"

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: reldra

I like Ben Carson as a human being but not my President. He is too soft. Anti-2nd Amendment. Too centrist for me. A lot like Trump before the past few years.

Do you believe Trump now? Even though he has shown repeatedly that he will pander to anyone, even the Clinton's.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter as Jeb has already gotten the GOP nomination. Cruz even scares the Right side of the GOP with his Biblical interpretation of Politics. No nomination for him either.

Any church that campaigns from the pulpit should have their tax exempt status taken away.

I don't want my collection plate money to be used by some dumbass preacher that may not reflect my politics.
edit on 2-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Republicans have a majority in the House and that is where the purse strings are. If the House Republicans send a bill to the Senate and it passes and the President doesn't sign it, then the President is to blame for the Government Shutdown. If the House sends a bill and the Senate shoots it down, it is the Senate's fault for The Government shutdown.

The House is where all of our Representatives get to represent our 435 different districts. This is the closest thing in Federal Government politics that you get to have your majority vote.

I'm sorry, but if you craft a bill knowing FULL well that it will be vetoed so that you can use that as an excuse to shut the government down, then you are to blame for the bill. It is your fault that the bill exists. A parent would tell their child that such an action is called instigating. It isn't the President's fault that he disagreed with something that you already knew he disagreed with. You are just rationalizing Cruz's shady politics.

I care not what the polls have to say. I have walked enough miles to know different polling pools will have different results. It is extremely hard to have an accurate result on a National level when you only poll

1,563 registered voters
Your Poll

Believe whatever you want. It matters little to me. I'm done getting into pissing matches with Conservatives who casually dismiss all contradictory evidence brought to their attention without considering it. By believing that Cruz is honest, you are already doing that anyways.

Government shutdown does not scare me. As you say Planned Parenthood would not be affected. They have outside of Government funding and most Federal funding would still come through because the shutdown is not really a shutdown at all. We have seen how this Administration threw a hissy fit and closed down parks and tours to keep his Executive branch running as he wanted.

So you think that if a Congress can't get what it wants, that taking their ball and going home is not only an acceptable solution, but it is also an honorable one?

And to your fist point, I got lost on the wording of that thread. Preaching from the Pulpit, is what pastors do. That is their job and duty. Politicking is the word I think you're looking for. I don't see how anyone could expect a pastor to do his job, without instructing his flock. He has to be able to discern sin in the present world and help guide his flock out of harms way. The 1st Amendment is about the State not having the ability to start a National Religion. I am Christian and would not want a Christian National Religion. One man's Christianity is another man's Christianity. We see that in how many different denominations we have. I also know that I do not have to keep my Christianity inside my home or my house of worship. Same as I don't keep the present home out of my home or house of worship.

Cruz is genuine in his beliefs. His Evangelical Christian beliefs. His politically conservative beliefs. You may disagree with him, but I don't believe he panders to the public at large. I believe he listens to his constituents and then filters it through his beliefs in order to make a decision his policy. We could use more thinkers, not more puppets.

Uh huh...
Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush Shine at Koch Brothers Event

Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush showed on Sunday why they've raised more money in million-dollar increments than the other 20 major presidential candidates: rich people love them.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No I do not believe Trump now. I believe he goes with the wind but speaks uncontrolled. I admire that. No beating around bushes or pulling punches. I believe cruz could give Trump one hell of a platform to run off.

I like that he scares Republican Establishment folks. I have to say, majority of Conservative Christians I know, line up with Ted Cruz' policies more than anyone else's.

Why if a church helps the poor and down-trodden, must they lose tax exemption status for leading themselves out of danger. If they see sin in the nation, should they not vote to right the course? Should Christians lose their vote as well? Churches are not the only 501 (c)(3)'s around. And believe it or not, they politic too. They may just not have a temple to do it in.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Well, I'm not going to pull any punches or beat around the bush either....

I like that he scares Republican Establishment folks. I have to say, majority of Conservative Christians I know, line up with Ted Cruz' policies more than anyone else's.

If the Conservative Christians couldn't put Palin in the WH....what chance do you think they have with Cruz? Palin compared to Cruz looks sane and rational.

imo....The GOP is more than content to be the loser party. They have some good, honest, candidates but they prefer to run dumb**** that don't resonate with the bulk of the electorate. What's that tell you?
edit on 2-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Then you guys in the UK must like open borders and bloated Government. That is not for me. Common sense tells me: Shut Em Down
easily swayed by catchy slogans I see.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but if you craft a bill knowing FULL well that it will be vetoed so that you can use that as an excuse to shut the government down, then you are to blame for the bill. It is your fault that the bill exists. A parent would tell their child that such an action is called instigating. It isn't the President's fault that he disagreed with something that you already knew he disagreed with. You are just rationalizing Cruz's shady politics.

Well 435 Representatives, representing 435 districts vote on the House Bills. They are doing what their constituents want. If you have a gripe with the bills originating in the House, take it up with your Representative. You will have more luck than with your two Senators or your 1 President.

I care not what the polls have to say. I have walked enough miles to know different polling pools will have different results. It is extremely hard to have an accurate result on a National level when you only poll

1,563 registered voters
Your Poll

Believe whatever you want. It matters little to me. I'm done getting into pissing matches with Conservatives who casually dismiss all contradictory evidence brought to their attention without considering it. By believing that Cruz is honest, you are already doing that anyways.

You are the one that brought that measly little pool into play. Own it.

I will entertain your side-rails for a minute. So I never said Cruz was not high money. Big money is everywhere and with his wife tied to Goldman Sachs it surely comes in. Donald Trump can spend big too. You brought up your thread on politicking from the pulpit. Or preaching as you say. Are you insinuating that big money is being funneled from churches into politics? Or is it that he is being financed my the Koch brother devils?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Palin ain't crap. Ted Cruz is a master debater. Put him up against any Democrat and he will clown them. Cruz would even make everyone's beloved Bernie Sanders look like an idiot.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yeah like one's I create. Which Government can never do, because the don't create anything.

"Me Guberment good, Me guberment great. [grunt] why he no create?"

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think we are going off track. Is Cruz playing Trump to take the lead if/when Trump bows out? I think so. Trump/Cruz 2016. Who woulda thunk it?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well 435 Representatives, representing 435 districts vote on the House Bills. They are doing what their constituents want. If you have a gripe with the bills originating in the House, take it up with your Representative. You will have more luck than with your two Senators or your 1 President.

Except the Republican leadership doesn't want him to do it either.
House GOP leaders desperate to avoid shutdown

It's not like he's united in this quest. This is HIS baby and if the government gets shutdown over it, it is HIS fault. He knows damn well that he is crafting legislation that will result in a shutdown. It's not like he is crafting it without knowing what Obama will say on the matter.

It astounds me that you'd talk about honesty in one breath then in another defend this man's shady politics and even DEFEND his claim that it would be someone else's fault for the problem he caused. You know, if you TRULY weren't afraid of a government shutdown, then own it. Accept that it was Cruz's fault. That is the honest thing to do.

You are the one that brought that measly little pool into play. Own it.

I'm not denying it, but I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you over a weak rebuttal of the point. If you don't want to believe that the majority of the country would blame the GOP for a shutdown, that's on you. I presented the evidence, it's up to you to acknowledge it or not.

I will entertain your side-rails for a minute. So I never said Cruz was not high money. Big money is everywhere and with his wife tied to Goldman Sachs it surely comes in. Donald Trump can spend big too. You brought up your thread on politicking from the pulpit. Or preaching as you say. Are you insinuating that big money is being funneled from churches into politics? Or is it that he is being financed my the Koch brother devils?

Well I know he is being funneled money from the Koch brothers. That's undeniable. As for being given money by churches, I don't know, but if they are doing that then those churches need to be stripped of their 501(c)3 status.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Except the Republican leadership doesn't want him to do it either.
House GOP leaders desperate to avoid shutdown

That's what I'm talking about. He is anti-Establishment, he is Tea Party. And they didn't ask us who should be Senate Majority Leader. McConell sucks. You know one Senator can't be to blame if bills cannot be passed. He may lobby his Senate Colleagues to get behind House bills, but he is not responsible for more than his one vote. You know that.

I'm not denying it, but I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you over a weak rebuttal of the point. If you don't want to believe that the majority of the country would blame the GOP for a shutdown, that's on you. I presented the evidence, it's up to you to acknowledge it or not.

You brought it up and still cite as evidence the views of the American Public, off a less than 1600 person poll of a country of over 300 million. Not evidence of anything. If you don't want to get in a pissing match over that it is because you are pissing on your own feet.

Last point, sure they are both getting funding. It's a little difficult to run a National campaign on wishes. It requires lots of money. I notice you you bring up the church again but refuse to address my previous points on that subject.

Why if a church helps the poor and down-trodden, must they lose tax exemption status for leading themselves out of danger. If they see sin in the nation, should they not vote to right the course? Should Christians lose their vote as well? Churches are not the only 501 (c)(3)'s around. And believe it or not, they politic too. They may just not have a temple to do it in.

edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: finally got it. it was the less than sign!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: delete

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

I question what difference does it make with Pastors perching politics in their sermon. How can they lead their flock while leaving out a huge portion of reality? How can one who speaks politics in a church, bring about laws contrary to the Constitution. If anything thing, Government wants to restrict freedom of religion. Ted Cruz could not have a Theocracy.

Because they enjoy a tax free status. Part of that status involves being apolitical. A pastor cannot instruct those in his congregation to vote Republican because it would make God happy or because that candidate is a moral human being.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

That's what I'm talking about. He is anti-Establishment, he is Tea Party. And they didn't ask us who should be Senate Majority Leader. McConell sucks. You know one Senator can't be to blame if bills cannot be passed. He may lobby his Senate Colleagues to get behind House bills, but he is not responsible for more than his one vote. You know that.

He is responsible for the bill itself. He doesn't have the support he needs to win this battle. So yeah, there may be more Senators involved in this, but the idea for it lays at his feet. It's HIS fault this fiasco is going to happen. The other Senators voting in his support are just his lackies.

You brought it up and still cite as evidence the views of the American Public, off a less than 1600 person poll of a country of over 300 million. Not evidence of anything. If you don't want to get in a pissing match over that it is because you are pissing on your own feet.

You do know that depending on how the sample is taken that a sample size of 1600 people could be WAY more telling of the entire population than a poorly sampled sample size of 1 million people right? That's basic statistics there. So if you are going to dismiss the sample size, you first need to prove the sample was taken poorly. That's why I said you have a weak rebuttal.

Last point, sure they are both getting funding. It's a little difficult to run a National campaign on wishes. It requires lots of money. I notice you you bring up the church again but refuse to address my previous points on that subject.

A church should mind its own business. It's up to its parishioners how they should vote, not the church. The church can preach sin, but the church has no business telling its parishioners who or what to vote for. That is against their 501(c)3 status. Don't like it? Take it up with the IRS.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join