It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canny Cruz Plays Trump Like a Fiddle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It appears Ted Cruz, Republican Senator from Texas, is riding on the coattails of Donald Trump in this election cycle. According to this article Fiscal Times , Ted Cruz is organizing a rally on Capitol grounds to

“to call on members of Congress to defeat the catastrophic deal that the Obama Administration has struck with the Islamic Republic of Iran.”
Wa shington Post

It looks like Trump will join the rally and put his name recognition behind it. Many people see Ted Cruz as being to extreme and fundamental in his philosophies. With Trump going, it may end up attracting a much wider audience. Not one of only Evangelical Christians and hardcore conservatives, but one of many people fed up with this Administration. Cruz is trailing far behind the Trump in the polls and this may be his way of gaining more popularity with centrist Republican voters.

Cruz has also gotten a much different campaign strategy from Trump than other Republican contenders. Trump has yet to badmouth Cruz. In fact he say's

“We are talking to Ted Cruz--who is a friend of mine and a good guy..."

and more specifically

“terrific guy,”

I personally like Ted Cruz. He is anti-Republican establishment and a very smart man. I view him as maybe to hawkish for me, but enjoy his views on immigration and cutting the size of Government. I find him to be genuine in his beliefs and that is better than going with the wind of popular opinion. At least Ted Cruz should be able to dominate the debates as more candidates drop out. He was a master debater at Princeton, and I have yet to hear anyone say this man doesn't think on his feet.

As the mud flings, it appears Trump and Cruz are consciously avoiding eachother. Compliments are flowing both ways. Cruz said of Trump

“I salute Donald Trump for focusing on the need to address illegal immigration,” Cruz said. “The Washington cartel doesn't want to address that. The Washington cartel doesn't believe we need to secure the borders. The Washington cartel supports amnesty and I think amnesty's wrong.

“And I salute Donald Trump for focusing on it. He has a colorful way of speaking. It's not the way I speak. But I'm not gonna engage in the media's game of throwing rocks and attacking other Republicans. I'm just not gonna do it.”
Cruz salutes Trump

Now Ted Cruz may be running for President himself, and may not want to be VP, but Donald Trump may just want him to be his.

He has even paid his friend the ultimate compliment, tweeting about a possible Trump-Cruz ticket.

I say good for them. That may be one ticket I could get behind. Although, I would probably prefer a Cruz/Trump ticket.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Cruz!?! Really? You think he is genuine in his beliefs? You DO know that Cruz is actively leading the front to instigate a government shutdown over defunding Planned Parenthood with every intention of laying the blame of the shutdown on Obama's feet right? I mean that isn't genuine. That is downright shady.

Ted Cruz Plots Government Shutdown Fight Over Planned Parenthood

Oh well. Sucks for Cruz, but that plan is likely to not only fail, but completely blow up in his face.
Government shutdown wouldn't affect Planned Parenthood funding
Poll: More voters would blame GOP for shutdown

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

I say good for them. That may be one ticket I could get behind. Although, I would probably prefer a Cruz/Trump ticket.

That is a pretty scary combination. Those 2 were tied, in my mind, as the most crazy. I have heard Ben Carson talk recently and he is about caught up with them.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I like Cruz as well. He pisses off Boehner and other main stream Republicans. I would love to see him and Dr. Carson run on a ticket. It would make things interesting at least.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That is a pretty scary combination. Those 2 were tied, in my mind, as the most crazy. I have heard Ben Carson talk recently and he is about caught up with them.

Odd that what you define as crazy I call common sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've had the displeasure of meeting and listening to Cruz speak on a few occasions and I can say without hesitations that he is a greasy used car salesmen-type that is a religious nutbag. He has no place in the White House and represents the extreme right wing.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You see the problem here?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That too many people lack common sense? I agree.
edit on 2015/9/2 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That statement may be more telling about yourself than about Cruz though. Cruz is DEFINITELY a nutter not qualified to be the President.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No, that what should be considered crazy you find to be common sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

The same guy that called for thousands of pastors to violate federal law and perch politics in their sermons? He maybe be anti gov but seems he would be pro theocracy.
Bet he doesn't like sharia law too, but fine with Christian law being the law of the land.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That statement may be more telling about yourself than about Cruz though. Cruz is DEFINITELY a nutter not qualified to be the President.

I don't know who I am supporting for President yet, but Cruz is definitely not a 'nutter'. He speaks the truth and you know that when you speak the truth you should have one foot in the stirrup.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Funny that people are always 'crazy' or 'idiots' when you don't agree with them. All you are doing if flinging around your opinion not facts. My opinion is that he sounds like someone who has common sense.
edit on 2015/9/2 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

He DOESN'T speak the truth though. I just showed that with my first post in the thread. He's trying to instigate a shut down then lie about who's fault it is. Then his rhetoric is just wrong. Most of his positions are founded on lies. Again the PP issue (manufactured scandal). The immigration issue is overblown by the GOP. Illegal immigration is at a low point from that peak a while back and Obama deports record numbers of illegals.

There is absolutely ZERO honesty I see coming from Cruz. Just a religious nutbag who cares about legislating from his emotions more than facts.

PS: I didn't make any claims about who you are supporting, please don't insert arguments into my position when I haven't brought them up to begin with.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't know who I am supporting for President yet, but Cruz is definitely not a 'nutter'. He speaks the truth and you know that when you speak the truth you should have one foot in the stirrup.

Cruz does not speak the truth he says what his pay masters the banks and and media companies that own him tells him what to say. Of course he would agree with Trump when it comes to the Iran deal because both are idiotic warmongers. It's funny how the people that never served in the military cry the loudest for war.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Funny that people are always 'crazy' or 'idiots' when you don't agree with them. All you are doing if flinging around your opinion not facts. My opinion is that he sounds like someone who has common sense.

I don't think they're crazy because I disagree with him, it's because I have been in the room when he has said that America will only be great again when Jesus takes over and Islam is eradicated.

That sounds reasonable to you?
edit on 2-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Are you trying to redefine the term common sense? Read these statements by Cruz then come back and talk about his "common sense".
All statements involving Ted Cruz

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Your 'position' seems to be that you don't agree with me and I don't believe that either of us will change each others mind so we can either agree to disagree or not, but there isn't anywhere to take this that doesn't get personal at this point. We differ on what we would like to see in a future president. Time to move on.

ETA: For other questions regarding Ted Cruz I do not support 100% of his statements. In fact, there is no person on earth that I agree with 100% of the time, but on balance I like what he has to say.
edit on 2015/9/2 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Republicans have a majority in the House and that is where the purse strings are. If the House Republicans send a bill to the Senate and it passes and the President doesn't sign it, then the President is to blame for the Government Shutdown. If the House sends a bill and the Senate shoots it down, it is the Senate's fault for The Government shutdown.

The House is where all of our Representatives get to represent our 435 different districts. This is the closest thing in Federal Government politics that you get to have your majority vote.

I care not what the polls have to say. I have walked enough miles to know different polling pools will have different results. It is extremely hard to have an accurate result on a National level when you only poll

1,563 registered voters
Your Poll

Government shutdown does not scare me. As you say Planned Parenthood would not be affected. They have outside of Government funding and most Federal funding would still come through because the shutdown is not really a shutdown at all. We have seen how this Administration threw a hissy fit and closed down parks and tours to keep his Executive branch running as he wanted.

And to your fist point, I got lost on the wording of that thread. Preaching from the Pulpit, is what pastors do. That is their job and duty. Politicking is the word I think you're looking for. I don't see how anyone could expect a pastor to do his job, without instructing his flock. He has to be able to discern sin in the present world and help guide his flock out of harms way. The 1st Amendment is about the State not having the ability to start a National Religion. I am Christian and would not want a Christian National Religion. One man's Christianity is another man's Christianity. We see that in how many different denominations we have. I also know that I do not have to keep my Christianity inside my home or my house of worship. Same as I don't keep the present home out of my home or house of worship.

Cruz is genuine in his beliefs. His Evangelical Christian beliefs. His politically conservative beliefs. You may disagree with him, but I don't believe he panders to the public at large. I believe he listens to his constituents and then filters it through his beliefs in order to make a decision his policy. We could use more thinkers, not more puppets.
edit on 2/9/2015 by harvestdog because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Common sense shouldn't appear in the same sentence with ted Cruz and Donald trump. I'm from the UK and from here with our common sense, Cruz looks bonkers and trump is a joke, but I'm just a stupid Brit with no common sense

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join