It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalodon or just a big fat Shark

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Feels like the real question is why species Maximum size keeps getting smaller, 10,000 yr old Mega tooth is to me just another time period where many creatures stopped being Huge...

I see nothing in a Megalodon but a Great White that kept growing....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
there were reports of a 15ft great white nearly beaching its-self trying to get swimming dogs here in my local harbour,which is a breeding ground for whites.......and theres a tagging program happening in our other harbour,the second biggest harbour in the world.....plenty of whites here in NZ

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But they went to Australia and other areas and towed a seal simulator that looked like one laying on the surface, and the sharks in all the areas did the same thing.

One could assume then floating on the water in a wet suit is asking for it,three of the 5 attacks here they believe were by great whites.....

We have a lot of whales and dolphins in the water at the moment,they are impressive to watch breach,especially the dolphins those suckers fly...anyhow i would love to see a great white do that,the way things have been i might get to see it if i look for long enough ...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We used to see big tiger sharks when we'd go sailing. I'd love to see a breach though. That would be awesome, especially on this big.

Sharks are amazing creatures. They've found that tiger sharks have a migration route that gets them to each point just as the sea turtles go ashore to lay their eggs. When they come back out to sea they're so exhausted they can't get away from them.
edit on 9/2/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I love watching those videos. It's incredible to see something that huge getting out of the water like that. They thought at first it was limited to South Africa and the sharks there, ambushing seals coming off an island. There's a deep water area the sharks hang out in. But they went to Australia and other areas and towed a seal simulator that looked like one laying on the surface, and the sharks in all the areas did the same thing.

This is nothing..

You should see a Mako shark breaching...!!

Those critters can be clear of the surface by about ten to twelve feet.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It probably looks that big because of the angle. I say it's bigger than an avarage shark, but a megalodon would be unable to jump out of the water due to it's size and weight.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish

Those are amazing too, but a Mako is built for speed, so it's kind of expected. A Great White is built for power, so you don't expect to see them get so high.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That is a big freakin shark. My face looked just like theirs when I first saw that.

Wow.

BTW, I do believe Megalodon is still around in some form. There's just too much about the ocean that is unexplored, and we just don't know about.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That is a big freakin shark. My face looked just like theirs when I first saw that.

Wow.

BTW, I do believe Megalodon is still around in some form. There's just too much about the ocean that is unexplored, and we just don't know about.

Carcharodon carcharias and carcharodon megalodon are related, so in a way they are still around.

There is some debate as to weather or not the Great White actually descended from Megalodon (or one of the five species of Megalodon), or they were just a species that coexisted with them (not modern day GW's but an older version that has evolved into todays noder GW).

The Great white (according to dental analysis), is actually believed to be more closely related to the Mako, but both could have shared an original ancestor that was a part of the Megalodon genus.

But yes, in a nutshell, the family definitely still exists today.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I was out this day. Out of the six whites we saw an 18 footer and seriously it did not look that much smaller than the op's video.
Skip to 1.35 in this vid and watch what this guy does with a 15 footer that came up to his boat

edit on 6-9-2015 by mungbean because: (no reason given)

( edit - this is only a few k's from my favorite surfing beach )

edit on 6-9-2015 by mungbean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Humpback and other whales breach so why not Megalodon.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To coin a phrase...

I ain't neva goin' swimmin' again. Never.

The look on their faces was priceless... Completely and totally human.

Shark researchers have to be just a tad bit on the insane side of the ledger...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There are scary scary things in the ocean. I had the pleasure of fishing with Matt several years back and heard this story first hand. Battled this 1000+ lb beast for hours only to have it taken by something way bigger....Check out how big this fish was boat side and watch till the end

edit on 14-9-2015 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
There are scary scary things in the ocean. I had the pleasure of fishing with Matt several years back and heard this story first hand. Battled this 1000+ lb beast for hours only to have it taken by something way bigger....Check out how big this fish was boat side and watch till the end

And People (idiots) dive the Great Barrier Reef. ??????????????
edit on 14-9-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow. Just watching those videos made me feel creeped out and a little scared. Never been in the ocean, never will go in either. I like my limbs being attached to my living body..

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

(monotone) Hi Bruce...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Megalodon is just a "big fat shark?" well that's mature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join