It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalodon or just a big fat Shark

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Whatever she is, I'd love to get a 20/0 circle hook with some salmon heads threaded onto the piano wire stuck in her mouth. That would be one hell of a fish to fight up to the boat.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Your welcome,still a pretty big shark...there has been 5 shark attacks in my local surfing beaches this year alone,the water is looking really sharky at the moment

Yeah the name it was alcohol induced at a vulnerable time fresh down the rabbit hole....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Dear God, that was huge!

I like land, no water for me.

I would love to see a real live Megalodon, terrifying size, blows my mind.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Not a Megolodon.. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

Just a large (fully grown) Great White.

Lot's of them around the Aussie West coast like this (maybe not quite as big, but close).

Megolodon would have been (as a full grown adult), about three to four times the size of the one in the film (about the same size a Sperm Whale (which was one of it's favourite meals).

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Being that this video is tagged from Discovery Channel, I can't personally believe it with their history of mockumentaries.

It could be Deep Blue mmaaaayyyybbbeee, but to me even Deep Blue doesn't even look that big. That thing looks more in the megalodon territory.

However, I do want to believe.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Fat shark or whatever it is I get the message loud and clear. Keep my butt out of the water. Neat post, i think looking at sharks is pretty neat. Just not up close and personal.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
couldn't it be a fat megalodon shark?
why does it have to be either/or?

thats discrimenatory to the excessively well fed AND sharks and allegedy extinct cryptids. and It's speceist! tanxanominist?

edit on 2-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Damn I would urge the captain to get to shore very fast... that shark could easily shred that boat to pieces having a good.meal walking..

And you wouldn't want a megalodon see jumping like that ,it would cast a shadow over that boat imo. .

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have been coming to this site now for years, but never bothered to chime in on comments etc..
I like this site but at the sometime I am tired of misinformation being
posted all the time, heck it seems like the national inquirer right about now.

The truth is so far stretched it's beyond ridiculous at times. Thanks for the person below
telling folks that it's a 15ft shark. It was a good laugh reading the comments of estimates of 24ft+ lol
some people are so hyped up they will believe anything.

I dont think it was the same shark,this article says it happened off the coast of New Zealand...

www.9news.com.au...
well there we have it...A 15 footer....looked way bigger in the footage TBH. thanks Man...i'm not even attempting to type your name.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You've never seen that? They've caught them doing that in many locations. It let's them ambush prey from below where they can't see the shark coming.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Big for a great white, small for a Megalodon.....I think it is just an overgrown great white, but nothing more.

Megalodon was around about 15-24 meters (50ft- 78ft)m whereas deep blue is around 6 meters (20ft)

It could be a baby Megalodon...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I believe that, unless we really experience a full grown Great White Shark (14' - 18'), then we can not truly appreciate how large they really are. I watched a few episodes of the show on National Geographic Channel, where they catch the Whites, and bring them on the lifting platform. I believe one of the largest they had caught, at that time, was a female @ 16'. Seeing her, on the platform with the team of people working around her, gave me some appreciation of the size. And to think they can get 20' plus!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I havent seen it,i remember watching something about great whites breaching in Sth Africa but other than that..no... ive been missing out.....i find it fascinating and scary...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm betting they used one of the little camera sleds that sits right on the water to catch it. The top looks a lot like a shark cage, but it's scaled down. It would make the shark look a lot bigger than it is because your eye sees a shark cage and your brain processes what you think is a shark cage, so it sizes the shark accordingly. They were using that sled in some shark week docs this year trying to get some more interesting breech footage.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I have watched this like 40 times today. It's a great white. It's probably not 30 feet long. I would guess it's between 16 and 22 feet. It's not Deep Blue. The reactions of the anchors however, are hilarious. They have been cracking me up. Just made my day.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I love watching those videos. It's incredible to see something that huge getting out of the water like that. They thought at first it was limited to South Africa and the sharks there, ambushing seals coming off an island. There's a deep water area the sharks hang out in. But they went to Australia and other areas and towed a seal simulator that looked like one laying on the surface, and the sharks in all the areas did the same thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
As mentioned, not even close to a Megalodon.... which were on guessed averages, the size of a Greyhound bus... four times bigger than that lightweight, heh.

Now, the interesting sightings of Mega are few... but considering the vastness of our (dying) oceans, bigger than known fish are bound to exist.... and there was that one found Mega tooth thought to be only 10,000 years old.. .pretty darned recent.

And the sightings of a sub sized shark off Aussie by pro fisherman are interesting... and the thing that might have gobbled a tagged great white and then descended to the deep depths gets one thinking unhappy thoughts.

I also remember a huge sea lion that had been bit clean in half that washed up on the Northern end of the Sea of Cortez that I found... and the bite radius-teeth marks indicated something between (at least) 20 and 30 feet out in the surf according to a local marine biologist and our best guesses... and no amount of tequila would get me to swim after seeing that.

But no Mega here...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's just a lens flare.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i see a rock?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Nice "catch"..........