It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoid History of the GOP: How Conspiracy Theories Poisoned the Republican Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, but much like the stock market--something that is bought and paid for and sold--I'm sure that there will be a market "correction" of the political spectrum in the nation soon, as there always is.

I just wish something other than a D or an R would get elected--and I don't mean an "I," either, as they generally are thinly veiled versions of a D or an R.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That is not all, Franklin Delano Trump also forcibly deported 400,000 Mexicans (some United States citizens) to Mexico so 'Muricans would have more jobs.

Everything people hate about the GOP is done by the Democrats as well...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh, trust me, I hesitated. In the end, I decided to present it. Just to see if I was the only one who thought it was a mess and maybe it was just because I was tired....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The GOP has a real big problem with this. Here is a poll that shows a majority of the GOP think Obama is a Muslim.
Poll: Majority of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim

Two reasons this is a problem. First it is just not true and easily verifiable. Second it assumes that being a Muslim is some sort of disqualifying event.

Until recently each of the parties had fringes that believe conspiracy theories. It is only now that a MAJORITY of the GOP believe in them.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Actually, not yet. I haven't had enough coffee, and frankly didn't sleep as well as I'd have liked. I'll give it a go here once my gears are warmed up.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
We all have our histories, like the Japanese Interment camps and Indian massacres. But we do not have both parties calling for mass deportation, just one.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is not all, Franklin Delano Trump also forcibly deported 400,000 Mexicans (some United States citizens) to Mexico so 'Muricans would have more jobs.

Everything people hate about the GOP is done by the Democrats as well...

communists on one side, fascists on the other. explains alot.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blargo

Calling for it and actually doing it are two very different actions.

The track record of Democrats is just as scummy as Republicans.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Actually, not yet. I haven't had enough coffee, and frankly didn't sleep as well as I'd have liked. I'll give it a go here once my gears are warmed up.

i'm anxious to get your take on it.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you...

link   

For some reason, your post reminded me of a graphic I saw yesterday

Source

That is some true delusion right there.

link   

Yes, ma'am. hehe....just poured a final cup of joe. I'll get back to you in a jiff.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Calling for it and actually doing it are two very different actions.

The track record of Democrats is just as scummy as Republicans.

I agree. Both parties have stained records.

That being said, it appears that many on the Left have learned from history as to not repeat it. Many on the Right have not and are calling for deportation, despite history.

What's the point in calling for it if you don't want to follow through with it? Do you believe that if these people got their way they would not gladly deport those they find unsavory?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

it's a rock and a hard place. people need jobs and demand our politicians fix that, since they messed it up in the first place. trump would not need to deport people if he just fixed our trade deficit.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
double post. le mew, le sigh
edit on 2-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

it's a rock and a hard place. people need jobs and demand our politicians fix that, since they messed it up in the first place. trump would not need to deport people if he just fixed our trade deficit.

That didn't answer my question. Will they follow through with rounding people up, detaining them and deporting them since that is what they are calling for?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you...

hehe!

link   

Okay, yes. I agree with you - that is clearly an academic piece aimed at those who already have a firm background from which to work.

The vocabulary is highly specific (although perfectly accurate and very well written), and far beyond the limits of some.

It is said that writing for the general populace is best geared at a 4th-grade level of reading comprehension and vocabulary.
Pieces like your link are clearly aimed at advanced-level readers.

I didn't have trouble following it due to my post-graduate experience, but a person with no prior knowledge of any of it would be lost.

Incidentally, I learned more about the Bolshevik revolution when I read Dr Zhivago (finally - lol!) than I ever did in high school or even my undergraduate college career.

link   

It seems clear to me that the 1%ers and Bilderbergers and central banking cartel ARE the GOP thing, though....

Uhm, So the 1% , Bilderbergers and central Banking cartel care more about Political Ideals than decreasing their odds from 50/50 to nearly 99% with their Billions?

I will give you this though. It is far easier to expose the hypocrisy and corruption within the GOP than it is with the DNC. The reason being is because the Oligopoly that control our gov't all want Bigger gov't which is more in-line with the Democratic party Ideals than the republican ideals.

However, just because its easier to expose the GOP for hypocrisy it doesn't mean that the DNC is not equally as guilty.

While the DNC may want bigger gov't they certainly don't want less personal privacy, more corporate friendly laws, use of tax payers money to bailout the CEO of private corporations, war, ....... Yet that is what Big Gov't is giving them versus helping out others that can't help themselves.

Besides it would be really idiotic for the .01% to not control the DNC, GOP, and MSM when they can legally do it by sponsorship.

edit on 50930America/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 09:50:51 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Okay, seriously folks. I didn't start this to be subjugated to assault. I presented it to see if you all were interested in reading what a non-ATS site says about conspiracy theorists and the political divisiveness we all can see going on.

No offense, but you really should have seen this coming. Part of the conspiracy playbook is to attack any perceived threats against the conspiracy no matter how tenuous the links. This article basically attacks conspiracists AND conservatives. It was bound to happen. Bad arguers always go after the person before the argument and both camps have no shortage of bad arguers.

In any case, I read the whole article and it is at times accurate and other times I think it is a bit embellished. I don't think the conspiracy angle dates as far back as it claims. I do agree that Reagan was the start of all this nonsense, but I more believe he was a useful idiot instead of him being the same as the modern day crazies in the Republican party.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join