It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Tesla Discover Alien Life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm not sure what's supposed to be like the airloom here.

Sorry. To me it would be anything technological that causes a sort of "estrangement" in a person vis-à-vis the person and the estranging technological thingy.. I think that when the mind doesn't understand something it is observing that it is more than ready to fill in the blanks. That's all really.

I t seems to me as though everyone is prone to this, each to his or her level of understanding the world.

I don't agree that some external mechanism is causing schizophrenia.

Right. I hadn't thought that through very much. I'm going to have to think a lot about that and get back. I mean, I don't either: what's setting me off is what seems to be this tendency in people when faced with an absolute loss of resources to describe what they are experiencing to attribute the whatever to some external mechanism. Until it is understood.

If there are mini-schiz tendencies in people it's because it's a common failure mechanism.

Namely, source tagging.

Yep. When you put it like that it seems like a no-brainer.

I mean, there's not just an Air Loom, right? The Air Loom is a model for something; Some human behavioural thing. Honestly: the gangstalking thing exemplifies this air-loom-as-model thing, that seems like a no-brainer to me.

edit on 4-9-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: 3danimator2014

and once again learn what the word supposedly means.

Ooooh, i see. So because you wrote supposedly, you can write any old crap and no one can say anything! Gotcha..

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Whatever it is that's going on has a great deal of commonality between people in terms of what they perceive to be happening.

All the way back to Mathews you get gangstalking, remote influence, implants, torture beams and whatnot.

As an engineer it tells me that there's a common mechanism of perception that operates very similarly between people and tends to malf in a similar way when it fails. I tend to believe that it's connected to source tagging failure.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I tend to believe that it's connected to source tagging failure.

On the part of whom?

Your killin' me here. I have never learned anything about source tagging until you mentioned it. I think that you choosing that as a model for describing the common malfunction is pretty hilarious (so far).

I mean, so, you've got a scanner and the tagged thing. Do they both fail, because one or the other fails?

And who tags the tagger?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

When I say "source tagging" do you understand what I'm talking about? We may be miscommunicating.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I'm just getting started, the furthest that I got this morning was beginning to understand that it had to do with Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) which is a method for electronically tagging merchandise for inventory control.

I was assuming that you had swiped the model from management science and that you were applying it to behavioural science.

Sorry, man, I shouldn't have assumed.

Please teach me.

Sincerely,

P.S...

When I say "source tagging" do you understand what I'm talking about?

Prolly' not.

P.S.S. Did you mean Source Monitoring? Holy #.

edit on 5-9-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I've also heard it called source monitoring or identification.

Basically there's all sorts of info streams running in your mind all the time. Memories, associations, various sub-personas, non-conscious monitoring, reflective behavior monitoring, you name it. Somewhere in there is apparently an integration system that's "you" or what you take to be you. But you're a sort of congeries of sub-minds

It's all sorted out with some sort of source tagging. This is a voluntary memory. This is an associative memory. This is what you're seeing. This is an imagination stream. This part of your head is daydreaming. All of it tagged as to origin. And if the tags are missing or swapped or illegible then am I seeing this or imagining it or remembering it becomes lost and it seems real. Because you lost the data telling you where the info is from.

So those "voices" telling you how bad you are are some sort of behavior audit stream that I wouldn't "hear" because my integrative top level would toss it. I might feel it instead as guilt or sadness or uncertainty. But if the tags come off I can't tell it's not a memory or something. So I "hear" it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Thank you, Bedlam. That'll keep me busy for a while.

Have a good long weekend.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

Tesla was so far ahead of his time. He is an unsung super-genius.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join