It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC forum suspended

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Very touching tribute to this officer. It does make me wonder why him and why now? Is it possible he was an ATS member?

Blame me. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision.

I know Lieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz in Fox Lake wasn't a victim of cop-execution, as the others we've seen recently and over the past few months. Those appear to be the unintended consequence of those taking BLM too seriously.

But I still thought it was the right time to for all of us to take a deep breath and realize things are severely screwed up, and more yelling, chanting, signs, anger, and violence is not going to be the path to a solution.

You can also blame me for some of the rhetoric in the Posse Comitatus forum, as it was my idea. The issue needs to be discussed. But the hate for law enforcement sometimes got out of hand. Hate is not the answer. It never is. So this is hopefully a time to think about that.
edit on 1-9-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Its your world.. And your decision to make.

BUt I think talking about police brutality and posting stories and videos informing people of it is at least a good start.

I liked ATS before the pc forum and will still like it if it goes away.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

For what it's worth I think you did well on both accounts. Some clarification may be in order though. Is the closing of that forum permanent, or just a "movement of silence" to reflect and gather some perspective?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

It's not going away. This is just a pause.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Very sad and my thoughts are with the now-fatherless kids.

I have paused for reflection and this is what I have contemplated........

Unfortunately, there will be many more fatherless police children until the entire United States of America Law Enforcement industry and EVERY little police station has a complete overhaul, including mass employment termination/redundancies of the old thug mentality of "guilty until I the judge, jury and executioner deem you are innocent".

All LEO's need to ask themselves why they are now more hated and disrespected than ever - because LEO's answer to the public to protect and serve and not the other way around.

Unfortunately (for LEO's) what you have done overtly and psychologically to add fuel to the fire is that you have become militarized and you have also forgotten that it's average Joe that pays your wage so you can put food on the table for your children - so you are (collectively) being thuggish to the hand that feeds you.

So, lead by example and use this opportunity to reflect inwards and instigate a major change in mentality - start with compulsory live-feed body cameras and demilitarization - overtly and publicly announce that initiative (as a start) and public support and respect will again flow back into your court.

There is some civilian scum out there - LEO's that emulate that same mentality to innocent law abiding citizens will have the end result such as what has generated this thread.

My brother is a very high-ranking LEO and he has no argument with the above, because he is a really good guy and hates the collective punishment he receives and shakes his head anytime LEO's kill unarmed civilians (unnecessarily) and armed civilians kill innocent LEO's (deliberately).

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't agree with closing the forum, but I am a pragmatist so I suppose I don't always understand or support an emotional response to a problem. Maybe it is the right thing to do...I probably wouldn't be the one who would know.

It's called a moment of silence, it's the "virtual way" of paying respect.

But I guess, some don't have time to pay respect but discuss problems all day long...lol

Peace

I understand logically what it is, but I always found the "moments of silence" to be a waste of time. A virtual moment of silence seems even more pointless. I don't always experience emotions like many people do so while some of you might feel better when observing this "time out" it doesn't really do anything for me.
edit on 2015/9/1 by Metallicus because: fixed autocorrect

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I certainly appreciate the sentiment, and I would like to see this anytime a Law Enforcement officer is murdered, but I'm really wondering what made this case so special.

Was the shooter an ATS member? Wouldn't be the first time.

Watching the hate speech directed at cops go unchecked, and the tough guy BS about shooting cops or taking them out too in so many threads makes me think there is more here than meets the eye. Someone get a phone call?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Very touching tribute to this officer. It does make me wonder why him and why now? Is it possible he was an ATS member?

But I still thought it was the right time to for all of us to take a deep breath and realize things are severely screwed up, and more yelling, chanting, signs, anger, and violence is not going to be the path to a solution.

No signs or chanting..I guess you mean no protests? What then exactly do you recommend we do to fight the out of control police apparatus? Write to our congress?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Will the same moment of silence, pause and reflection be given to people who are victims at the hands of Police?

Make no mistake about it, I understand this decision, and I do actually support it. However, shouldn't it work both ways?

Where was the moment of silence for Kelly Thomas? Or how about the moment of silence for the victim when Boynton Beach Police Officer Stephen Maiorino raped a 20 year old on the hood of his car at gunpoint?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why on Earth is this in the off topic area of ATS? It's very much a BBQ thread. People are going to be wondering what was/is going on.

The PS forum is important, but it needs to actually be moderated. There is a LOT of hate speech there that wouldn't fly anywhere else on the site.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
While were at it how about a moment of silence for 19 year old Zachary Hammond who was shot and killed by a cop because his girlfriend sold some weed.

RIP Zachary Hammond

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I really think people are getting over-sensitive of a simple act of respect. It was a temporary pause, and so it will be removed, so get over it.

Lives, any lives does matter, and the moment you don't feel that human sympathy towards any life for that matter, whether a cop or a regular civilian, or insert your preferred label here ____________, then you become part of the problem.

The issue is far beyond the killings and general civilian unrest, and it's got everything to do with the design of the system, or the matrix if you will.

Calm down, talk a deep breath and reconsider, the more we complain the more I see it warrants there to be a "pause", necessary to reflect on the mess that we find ourselves in.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I really think people are getting over-sensitive of a simple act of respect. It was a temporary pause, and so it will be removed, so get over it.

Lives, any lives does matter, and the moment you don't feel that human sympathy towards any life for that matter, whether a cop or a regular civilian, or insert your preferred label here ____________, then you become part of the problem.

The issue is far beyond the killings and general civilian unrest, and it's got everything to do with the design of the system, or the matrix if you will.

Calm down, talk a deep breath and reconsider, the more we complain the more I see it warrants there to be a "pause", necessary to reflect on the mess that we find ourselves in.

Peace

Perhaps you are getting a little upset at people simply making a comment. Perhaps you should take your own advice and pause and take a deep breath and do some reflecting.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spav5

If it may have comes across to you as me being upset, then it validates a *pause*. It saddens me to see people are not seeing the forest for the trees.

I am at Peace

Peace
edit on 1-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Wow. Imagine my surprise when I clicked into the PC forum and saw that screen.

You folks have managed to make me tear up a bit.

On behalf of myself and all the other LEOs, past and present, who are members here I thank you for those words. I expect the decision will be flamed, and I may well be too.

Frankly, I don't give a damn. Thanks, ATS.

As a former Boy scout. ROTC... washoe county deputy and army medic... hence FF/medic nurse yada yada. Thank you site owners.
There are some members here that did follow the serve and protect motto. And I gave a big deal about it.

The situation is out of control. And I'm going to swig back this whisky and ponder.... how the hell can I correct this!
Good cops are being killed...

I have no words.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If it may have comes across to you as me being upset, then it validates a *pause*. It saddens me to see people are not seeing the forest for the trees.

I am at Peace

Peace

Yet you assume that when others speak they are not at peace. I can make no distinction between what others say and what you say. So if they are not at peace then, simply, you are not at peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spav5

I am at Peace

Peace

Yet you assume that when others speak they are not at peace. I can make no distinction between what others say and what you say. So if they are not at peace then, simply, you are not at peace.

We really can't see emotions from a wall of text. can we?

How do you know I was upset? Or did I not intentionally wrote in that manner knowingly to make my point.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am at Peace

Peace

How do you know I was upset? Or did I not intentionally wrote in that manner knowingly to make my point.

Peace

Exactly. We cannot see emotion from texts. So why do you assume that others, who speak their mind, are not at peace? You have exempted yourself from the laws that you use to bind others..can you not see that?

So, please have a peaceful night.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Thank you for hosting the Posse Commitatus forum. I think it's amongst the most important on ATS.

Since you've received some criticism just for asking for a moment of silence and reflection; I felt I should say I support your effort to keep things civil.
edit on 2-9-2015 by VP740 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I am at Peace

Peace

Peace

So why do you assume that others, who speak their mind, are not at peace?

Thank you, for assuming that, I assumed, others are not at peace...lol

Edit to add: See the irony here, try rereading my initial post with a calm and peaceful mind. It doesn't sound like a rant is it?

Peace and have a good nights rest

edit on 1-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join