It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC forum suspended

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow. Imagine my surprise when I clicked into the PC forum and saw that screen.

You folks have managed to make me tear up a bit.

On behalf of myself and all the other LEOs, past and present, who are members here I thank you for those words. I expect the decision will be flamed, and I may well be too.

Frankly, I don't give a damn. Thanks, ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
At first I thought you meant the computer help forum, so I went & looked there. Saw nothing, scratched me head for a while & remembered the acronym.

I have no idea who the guy is or why he's important for whatever cause at the moment. All I know is shuttering the Posse Comitatus forum isn't going to resolve anything or prevent any news postings, they'll just be in the other news forums like the used to be before Posse existed.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's already open again, so the point is moot. "Resolving" anything wasn't even remotely the point behind it.

Sorry you missed that.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It just goes to show things are going haywire in the States...people are going nuts at an alarming rate killing each other...

- Manhunt
- Cop killings
- Cops shooting innocent civilians etc etc etc

Interesting times to say the least.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

My jaw dropped.

*applause*

Well done.

Class act.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-9-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't agree with closing the forum, but I am a pragmatist so I suppose I don't always understand or support an emotional response to a problem. Maybe it is the right thing to do...I probably wouldn't be the one who would know.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't agree with closing the forum, but I am a pragmatist so I suppose I don't always understand or support an emotional response to a problem. Maybe it is the right thing to do...I probably wouldn't be the one who would know.

It's called a moment of silence, it's the "virtual way" of paying respect.

But I guess, some don't have time to pay respect but discuss problems all day long...lol

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Pardon my ignorance but who's that guy? Have I missed something?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just went there, and it appears the PC forum is still suspended. Good! I think it's wonderful to temporarily suspend it to honor an officer of the law killed in the line of duty. I am so sick and tired of all the cop bashing.

Kudos to the Mods on this.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Lysergic

Pardon my ignorance but who's that guy? Have I missed something?

YOu can read about it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very touching tribute to this officer. It does make me wonder why him and why now? Is it possible he was an ATS member? Either way, all lives matter. It's a shame that this officer and many others died just trying to do their job. Serve and protect. R.I.P.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Agreed. Classy move to whomever decided that one.

Much better than some of the other response I've seen (primarily on Facebook), including a disgusting one calling for open season on all police.

Thanks for some levelheadedness.
edit on 9/1/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing autocorrect error.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Thanks for the link. I was wondering what happened.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
On behalf of myself and all the other LEOs, past and present, who are members here I thank you for those words.

Are you suggesting that the PC forum was designed to target LEOs individually, and not the corruption that is seen almost daily, which is helped on by an overwhelmingly blind eye across the entire force?

That it is unfair to have a forum that discusses the very real problem of police brutality?

Should it simply be the domain of youtube comments and wordpress blogs?

If those given powers to protect society are afraid, themselves, of being observed, then it is not to protect society that they seek, but to control it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I agree we have a big problem in this country and murdering cops is in no way the answer.

But hiding from it isnt the answer either..

What if (or when)a big police brutality case comes up will it not be allowed to be discussed at ATS?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Or, and here's a wild idea, you could take what I said for what it is instead of assigning some wild-hair notion you came up with to it.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Nothing is "not being allowed" in discussion. It was a temporary pause. Nothing vanished aside from off topic comments, including one by me.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

#alllivesmatter

Period !

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

M'kay, I skimmed the thread. I don't understand what makes him the Poster Boy for this...moment of silence? Why not have one for All LEOs killed on duty instead? While well intended I suppose, this kind of slaps all other dead officers in the face by singling one out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join