It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is "Ahabstar "

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

WHat are you searching from ? A phone or tablet? ANd The thing i posted above was a song lyric i modified. its really great song.

"Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" by Emerson lake and palmer

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

WHat are you searching from ? A phone or tablet? ANd The thing i posted above was a song lyric i modified. its really great song.

"Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" by Emerson lake and palmer

Nope, PC at home, I've no idea why the member search works at times in that fashion, the parameters are set, and if you copy a paste a name in, there's not much else to do but submit.

I remember that ELP song, great number, ideal as an opener. Being a bass player at the time, I always thought that the very good bass line was too light, should have been deeper and more punchy in that recording, it was probably better live though. Cheers, Mike.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Nope, PC at home, I've no idea why the member search works at times in that fashion, the parameters are set, and if you copy a paste a name in, there's not much else to do but submit.

I can answer that question.

if you copy and paste a name into that search box, you have to be very careful that there isn't a space included either before or after the name or you'll get no hits.

Try this search test-

Type your username in the search box. Do it once with a space in front, then again with a space after. Do the search each way. Neither will find you.

Spaces screw up the name search, and unless you have the dexterity of an eye surgeon, copy & paste function often inadvertently includes a blank space before or after the name.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Always thought that was a part of Karn Evil 9 on Brain Salad Surgery. Great album.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: smurfy

I can answer that question.

if you copy and paste a name into that search box, you have to be very careful that there isn't a space included either before or after the name or you'll get no hits.

Try this search test-

Type your username in the search box. Do it once with a space in front, then again with a space after. Do the search each way. Neither will find you.

Spaces screw up the name search, and unless you have the dexterity of an eye surgeon, copy & paste function often inadvertently includes a blank space before or after the name.

Thanks, I did all that today, including typing in. The cursor always looks to be in the same position, I even rolled it forward and back, and retried, all mixed results, including a run with the subject name without the cap..that one worked.
Logging in box has almost the same problem, (I get logged out on a irregular basis..I don't log out myself) though I caught on to that ages ago, when I noticed an extra dot in the password box, and just removed one of the dots at the front end. Since that, when copying the password, I always move the cursor right to the very edge of the front of the password, and that works a treat. The members forum search box doesn't respond to that way it seems.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What I find is even if you're careful not to include any spaces when you copy/paste, you can still end up with a superfluous space in what you paste.

One workaround Ive used for this where the extra space (or lack of) is critical is to copy/paste to a text editor, then scroll the cursor to the beginning or end of the text to see if there's a superfluous space there, and if so the cursor will find it, if not it will move to the previous or next line.

It's not a consistent bug, and I don't know if it's in the operating system or what but it happens on an irregular basis that I get an extra space sometimes when I paste, that I know I didn't copy. Other people have mentioned this to me also.

The only reason I was picking on you is someone gave you the answer in the third post of the thread, but it seemed to me like you ignored it.

edit on 201592 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Copy and paste is bugged. thats the problem lol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join