It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next writing contest...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Was there an August writing contest? If so, I completely missed it.

Are there plans for a September contest? I know the winner of the previous contest usually picks the subject of the next contest, but if that doesn't happen for some reason are you open to suggestions from everyone else?

Everyone else: what would you suggest?

Me: I like stories with unexpected role reversal, like Dexter - a mass murderer who is technically the good guy.
I think anthropomorphism is also a very cool subject with some great possibilities.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've missed the contests!

I sat down on the weekend and started to pen a wee tale, I'll laugh if I can fit it into the next comp!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I made an inquiry into this many weeks ago when I was trying to be granted writer status, nobody bothered to contact me back and I blew it off. I would like to be in the next contest, too, so I hope you get some reply concerning this matter. If you do, please, feel free to U2U me with the details.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Oh and btw, your headline implies you had details to provide, so I am thinking maybe a
is in order, I'm just saying is all...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I was just thinkng about this the other day.
Glad you brought it up!

I seem to remember the last contest was something of an accidental departure from the customary winner chooses the next topic.

I finally came up with a super hero themed short that I think was very clever but, alas, it is way past that contest's time.

I may still bang it together and post it anyway becausr the idea keeps coming back to me with various other little details added, almaot kike it goes of into my subconscious and writes itself and then comes back each time a bit more polished.

Anyway, I'm in if another is posted.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You all know as much as I do, if not more. I haven't seen a contest since May so I thought I would start this thread and see if there was one in the works. Not that anyone owes me an explanation, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I enjoy the contests and like to flex those muscles, so to speak, when I have the opportunity.

I was just trying to start the conversation and see if it went anywhere.

I am sure the powers that be have things well in hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

There was a thread about the conclusion of the last one and needing help coming up with a theme for the next one, but I haven't seen anything since.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good Thread. Your Avatar is so... powerful. Is he a licensed martial artist or just a rogue loner?

On topic.
I wish it wasn't a contest at least not with a time frame, it would be nice to be able to just express one self with out the pressure, to be able to perhaps write a continuous tale.

edit on 1-9-2015 by WalkInSilence because: ups

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Once you've got the writer tag, I do believe you can post any time in the short story forum. It's the contests where those are awarded and those are separated into writer/non writer categories.

I can't see those tags on the moble site so I don't know if you've got writer status, but anyone can read the stories posted there.

It took me a couple of entries to get the status but it pushed me to hone my skills, so I for one enjoy the contests.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank You I do have write status just a tad confused of the rules in this forum.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Thank you.

Powerful indeed. He is a highly skilled, highly motivated, professionally trained killer attack raccoon. Not to mention he has a very unpleasant disposition, and irritable bowel syndrome - probably from eating so much garbage. Very dangerous.

I think the possibility of writing and posting at will is always there, but the contests are nice too. I like having a certain theme to follow. It makes it more of a challenge. And the chance at winning Writer status doesn't hurt either.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The rules of the forum are as follows: Write stories/ poems/ drabbles/ anything you wrote, Post said writing.

I guess what I'm getting at is, looking forward to reading your stuff!

PS: you don't even need "Writer" to post in short story, all you need is to write... Now, Collaborative is another story (pun intended, but unintentional, I think) for that you do need Writer.

edit on Cpm10Wednesday0020150830Wed, 02 Sep 2015 22:00:08 -05002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: typo

top topics

join