It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Deputies to Face Criminal Charges in Horseback Pursuit Takedown..brutal beating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Source

Three San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies will face criminal charges in the beating of a man after he tried to escape on horseback in San Bernardino County in a case captured by NewsChopper4, District Attorney Michael Ramos said on Tuesday.
Attorneys for Francis Jared Pusok are expected to respond to the decision later Tuesday.

The Sheriff's Department submitted the results of its investigation in the April chase involving Pusok to the district attorney last month. The nearly three-hour pursuit in the high desert northeast of Los Angeles began when authorities tried to serve a warrant in an Apple Valley identity theft investigation.

Deputies pursued Pusok in a vehicle, which he abandoned and stolen a horse, according to authorities.

So...horseback pursuit...that just makes this story strange from the start....stealing a horse?

The group surrounding the man grew to 11 sheriff's deputies. Pusok appeared to have been kicked 17 times, punched 37 times and struck with batons four times, a review of the video showed, and 13 blows appeared to be to the head.
Ten deputies were put on administrative leave a day after the confrontation, and the county reached a $650,000 settlement with Pusok. San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said the arrest appeared to be an "excessive" use of force.

Ok...that is excessive....watch the video and see for yourself...he was laying on the ground face down with arms and legs spread...the officer from behind kicks him directly in the groin, while the other one kicks him in the head.....

edit on 9/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: added new video link

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The video no longer works but I found it on another site.

That looks like mob violence.

Uncalled for vehemently disturbing and disturbing.

They need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

The video no longer works but I found it on another site.

That looks like mob violence.

Uncalled for vehemently disturbing and disturbing.

They need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Just added a new link that hopefully will not go down.

And yeah...it looked a lot like the video from the other thread where the black couple beat the white girl outside of the gas station...kicking her head and whatnot...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I saw this video awhile ago. This beating was extremely excessive. These deputies should face criminal charges! If they can't act professional, and if they're going to make their frustrations and anger cause them to physically abuse a suspect, they have no business being a police officer.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I saw this video awhile ago. This beating was extremely excessive. These deputies should face criminal charges! If they can't act professional, and if they're going to make their frustrations and anger cause them to physically abuse a suspect, they have no business being a police officer.

Yeah...there were 11 of them too. I can imagine this guy looked like meat pulp at the end of that.

That kick to the balls was the really messed up thing to me.....I mean that officer went into it like he was going for a 60 yard field goal.....the rest of them looked like they had to take breaks to catch their breath and let the others get their turns....
edit on 9/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks to these officers, this criminal now has $650,000 to spend as he sees fit. That money could have bought a lot of body cameras.

When will these cops realise that these brutal tactics are not the way to enforce the law? Do you think that these cops would have gotten in trouble if they had not been caught on camera?

edit on 1-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Thanks to these officers, this criminal now has $650,000 to spend as he sees fit. That money could have bought a lot of body cameras.

When will these cops realise that these brutal tactics are not the way to enforce the law? Do you think that these coos would have gotten in trouble if they had not been caught on camera?

Honestly, I don't see that as enough compensation for that kind of beating.

I have no doubt nothing would have happened had it not been on camera.....they would have blamed the bruising and stuff on the rider falling off the horse or some other crap excuse......

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So who pays the victim the $650,000 in compensation?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

So who pays the victim the $650,000 in compensation?

I would guess it comes out of the taxpayers pocket ultimately....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I remember that one.

The cops were totally out of line and I hope that they get hammered for it.

I still feel sorry for the horse though; that guy was really not a great rider and heavy handed with him/her.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Exactly, so we basically reenforce their abuse of power with free vacations and no accountability.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would take that can of whoop-ass for $650,000...

Adrenaline rush and tired of a 3hour embarrassment of a pursuit, caused them to do this no doubt. It is taught to all LEO's about that adrenaline rush after a pursuit and methods of dealing with it. It is a natural response, but none the less has to be contained and dispersed in other ways when the suspect surrenders, which obviously this guy had.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So all they officers had to do was handcuff his arms when he surrendered / after they tased him?

What is this paid leave bull#?
edit on 1-9-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Horse theiving? I think you can STILL shoot people over that in some states.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

True and I suppose a pummeling is a bit less final but I'm thinking it isn't in any recommended sentencing guidelines I can think of.

Didn't watch the vid, don't particuarly want to inflict tha upon myself at the moment but I can't imagine it was anything nice.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

With what ISIS has given us, I don't BLAME you.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Kicking a man in the boys? Now that's low. I can understand adrenaline making these guys act like roid junkies but to just wind up and turf him there is the lowest of blows.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Quite honestly I believe that is a capital crime.

top topics

join