It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

Yes. Read that.

At least they are taking it seriously and doing something. Not sure if its the right thing.

I agree - - sounds like they are making the "regular" restrooms exclusive.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Lila Perry on the view

Transgender teen Lila Perry appeared on The View Monday to discuss the national debate she sparked when more than 150 students at her high school protested her desire to use the appropriate locker room. Perry explained to local news outlets in August that she was transitioning, but wasn’t allowed to use the girl’s locker room during gym class. She also explained how she’d feel ostracized and uncomfortable using the single-person, gender-neutral dressing room the district provided her.

www.newnownext.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Lila Perry on the view

Transgender teen Lila Perry appeared on The View Monday to discuss the national debate she sparked when more than 150 students at her high school protested her desire to use the appropriate locker room. Perry explained to local news outlets in August that she was transitioning, but wasn’t allowed to use the girl’s locker room during gym class. She also explained how she’d feel ostracized and uncomfortable using the single-person, gender-neutral dressing room the district provided her.

www.newnownext.com...

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Lila Perry on the view

www.newnownext.com...

Thanks for posting that.

It's an important subject.

I'm a progressive in that we're always moving forward in the science of ourselves.

We are evolving in knowledge and understanding.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Lila Perry on the view

www.newnownext.com...

Thanks for posting that.

Did you notice in the interview that she mentions (briefly) how clueless she was?

That's what I've always thought. We don't know her upbringing. We don't know if or when she had access to the world outside her "cloistered nuclear".

I have to say though, she must have had a good solid upbringing to be as confident and secure as she seems (at least on the surface).

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

www.newnownext.com...

Thanks for posting that.

I'm a progressive in that we're always moving forward in the science of ourselves.

Why isn't the science of transgender discussed more ? I'm all for accepting people, yet there seems to be the general idea of "I was born this way".

How does anybody know that? Nature vs Nurture.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

www.newnownext.com...

Thanks for posting that.

Why isn't the science of transgender discussed more ? I'm all for accepting people, yet there seems to be the general idea of "I was born this way".

How does anybody know that? Nature vs Nurture.

It has been discussed.

Hopefully one of the transgenders on ATS will respond to your post.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Hopefully one of the transgenders on ATS will respond to your post.

It has been endlessly rehashed in multiple threads. Personally, I could give a rat's ass about science or the why's. Born this way works for me and is all I really know for sure so just go with that. Sorry for my attitude. I am quite upset right now.

[snip]

And for the umpteenth time, it is transgender people/person/man or woman, not transgenders. Sorry Annee, you've been one of the few here that have been supportive and friendly and I don't mean to offend, but language matters even though I don't know why I care anymore.
edit on 22-9-2015 by elevatedone because: removed off topic rant from post.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

And for the umpteenth time, it is transgender people/person/man or woman, not transgenders. Sorry Annee, you've been one of the few here that have been supportive and friendly and I don't mean to offend

Yeah people make mistakes. I have done a few myself.

And yes we share your loss.

As for the researches and studies? Yep plenty have been posted in this thread - So for anyone wanting to know more, just read this thread.

edit on 9/22/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Well I can assure you that it wasn't my nurturing that made me like this. Despite all the effort to raise me as a boy, it was ultimately for naught. There was no attempt to "feminize" me I assure you in my upbringing. I had a natural predilection toward more feminine habits an pursuits, despite my family's attempt to overlook and ignore and suppress and my own attempts to do such as well. It's not something that's "acquired" it's something that just is.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EKron
And for the umpteenth time, it is transgender people/person/man or woman, not transgenders. Sorry Annee, you've been one of the few here that have been supportive and friendly and I don't mean to offend, but language matters even though I don't know why I care anymore.

No issue.

I'm here to learn. I appreciate you explaining that.

Don't hesitate to correct me.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 49  50  51   >>

join