It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Merlynn

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

But here we are talking about teenagers who are transmen transitioning and the girls who KNOW them personally.

Yes, it baffles me that they're all in an uproar over a physical appendage on someone that has no sexual interest in their daughters.

They should be in an uproar over Lesbians using the same locker room. They actually are sexually interested in their precious daughters.

People are so conditioned - - that they don't even realize how absurd it is to fear Lila.

It doesn't baffle me one bit.

He has a penis, looks like a boy, he needs to be in the boys room.

Who would you think would be a bigger issue in the girls room:

Lila who has said she likes boys:

Or this transgender boy who despite not having a penis likes girls, ALL girls:

In other words what is more likely to make girls uncomfortable a person whose brain may be wired like theirs and who has no interest in them despite having a penis or someone whose brain is wired like a teenage boy, and receiving doses of testosterone via shots despite not having a penis?

Thats why the overly simplistic "penises go to this room, vaginas go to this room" line of thinking is completely inadequate when dealing with this issue of transgender students or people in general. It's not the genital organs which determine sexual attraction or gender identity.

It's the brain which does that.

Jade, I don't think it's a question of multiple choice. It's about Lila, a person who we are not even sure is a trans person at all. Tossing in a random pic of some trans guy is not really relevant to this specific case.

I disagree, it is certainly relevant when someone was discussing the larger issue of transgender students using facilities in school and thinking it is as simple as which set of genitals they have.
edit on 6-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

No, I have absolutely no interest in what happened to these women only in your terminology that someone would be tricked or duped into having sex with someone trans and that if they didn't know and found out later that it wouldn't be "legit" sex.

Ekron:
Don't blame me for words that are used by many in group sessions.
You might have a problem with these words but not everyone does.
So here I go:
I'll try to explain the best way I can with out giving away any
personal info of a Tricked / Duped Legit Sex

Amy goes out with some friends to a club, where half a night of dancing and drinking they head out to the bar after.
Having a swell time there Amy sees Mike looking at her, he walks over he talks to her. She starts enjoying his company.
Few hours have passed and Amy's friends state they are heading home. Mike tells Amy to stay and have a good time with him.
He's leaving soon and not sure when he's getting back and wants to spend time with her.

Mike calls a taxi and Amy thinks she met one hell of a guy. In the taxi Mike mentions he wants Amy back it his place.
She agreed to stay longer at the bar but waffles with going there but she does. When they get to Mikes place, they what everyone would think is they go to go have sex. Mike does not let Amy touch him lower then the waist. Mike has Amy on the bed , handcuffed / tied. Mike uses something else that was not his penis and uses it as male would use his penis.

Amy does not enjoy this. She was tricked into thinking she was with a guy. She thought she was getting a penis not a tool. Some would say she was duped into going home with Mike. She did not have legit sex, she was raped with a tool.

Just because You wouldn't do something mean, does not mean others wont.

To point out there may be medical issues beyond any that may be psychological. Jade posted a picture from her 16th birthday - did you see how she got ripped apart. Those of us that have been through the transsexual experience have questioned if indeed Lila is even trans. Who better to analyze Lila's pictures and possibly identify physical markers that would provide clues one way or another.

Lila is not legally an adult right now right? She is a person would you want to stumble upon a site with
people analysing your picture?
She's not a UFO.
She's not a ghost.

She is A Person.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

But here we are talking about teenagers who are transmen transitioning and the girls who KNOW them personally.

Yes, it baffles me that they're all in an uproar over a physical appendage on someone that has no sexual interest in their daughters.

They should be in an uproar over Lesbians using the same locker room. They actually are sexually interested in their precious daughters.

People are so conditioned - - that they don't even realize how absurd it is to fear Lila.

In other words what is more likely to make girls uncomfortable a person whose brain may be wired like theirs and who has no interest in them despite having a penis or someone whose brain is wired like a teenage boy, and receiving doses of testosterone via shots despite not having a penis?

Thats why the overly simplistic "penises go to this room, vaginas go to this room" line of thinking is completely inadequate when dealing with this issue of transgender students or people in general. It's not the genital organs which determine sexual attraction or gender identity.

Jade, I don't think it's a question of multiple choice. It's about Lila, a person who we are not even sure is a trans person at all. Tossing in a random pic of some trans guy is not really relevant to this specific case.

I disagree, it is certainly relevant when someone was discussing the larger issue of transgender students using facilities in school and thinking it is as simple as which set of genitals they have.

Alrighty, I'll concede that point (about the larger issue) but the issue of whether Lila is or isn't truly transgender skews the comparison. (Also, that guy looked about 25, lol)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'd simply refer him to this other ATS thread where that was thoroughly discussed previously….

Since any discussion of that topic in this one would take it well off topic.

Did you read the conversation between us?

I'll go read that thread if you like

but I don't think it would help me tell Ekron that in group session we don't always
use proper words. When a victim is telling what happened and sobbing
you don't interupt and say "Uh no, you werent tricked or duped, what the hell is legit sex?! Thats offensive"

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

No, seriously, the "tricked" and "duped" discussion is completely off topic. Take it to that other thread, this thread is about Lila and transgender people using locker room and bathrooms.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro

my apologies -

I do hope as I stated the first time I posted in this thread

"All I can do is hope that they come to a conclusion, and I hope that person has a good life after highschool. "

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is a very bizarre scenario and I didn't really want to discuss someone being violated. If "Mike" didn't let "Amy" touch him "down there", how did she determine he was a transman and know he wasn't just some impotent kinky predatory freak?

As far as discussing Lila and her photos, she is the one that put herself in the public eye and open for whatever scrutinizing or criticism may result. The issue she brought up is valid, things about her personally are up for conjecture. Less ambiguity or more information would stop all this speculation.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

Lila is not legally an adult right now right? She is a person would you want to stumble upon a site with
people analysing your picture?
She's not a UFO.
She's not a ghost.

She is A Person.

Unfortunately for her, she is now a public person.

As such there is different standard applied to them regarding privacy, minor or not. That is part of why I am sympathetic to her. But if this turns out to be some elaborate stunt I will be one of the angriest people regarding her as she will have done incalculable damage to other transgender students and transgender people in her local community.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Alrighty, I'll concede that point (about the larger issue) but the issue of whether Lila is or isn't truly transgender skews the comparison. (Also, that guy looked about 25, lol)

lol thanks.

The issue of whether lila is really transgender is the most important one in my opinion but others have wandered off on bigger picture discussions which are relevant to the story.

The problem is, no one knows anything which would answer that question and that's left us with nothing but Lila's own words, videos and pictures to analyze, which is unfortunate.

I feel really bad for her family. Even if her parents don't support her they should at least be willing to vouch for her credibility in the claim that she is transgender.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I'd simply refer him to this other ATS thread where that was thoroughly discussed previously….

Since any discussion of that topic in this one would take it well off topic.

Did you read the conversation between us?

I'll go read that thread if you like

but I don't think it would help me tell Ekron that in group session we don't always
use proper words. When a victim is telling what happened and sobbing
you don't interupt and say "Uh no, you werent tricked or duped, what the hell is legit sex?! Thats offensive"

Ok I see what you mean. The issue was one of language and context. I have no problem with how you discussed it in group other than it was wrong but given the amount of general ignorance around transgender issues not surprising. There is a difference by the way between willful ignorance and just ignorant by default based on media misrepresentations of transgender people.

So I don't fault you at all. I do however hope you gain a new understanding from that thread though.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro

No, seriously, the "tricked" and "duped" discussion is completely off topic. Take it to that other thread, this thread is about Lila and transgender people using locker room and bathrooms.

Agreed. Because that topic is one which is fairly inflammatory and this thread just finally settled down. It's also way off topic for a discussion regarding transgender students simply using a facility at school.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Kojiro

my apologies -

I do hope as I stated the first time I posted in this thread

"All I can do is hope that they come to a conclusion, and I hope that person has a good life after highschool. "

Regardless of what happens from here, this experience will shape their life for years to come. Hopefully for the better.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

I sent you a message, hopefully that will help.

---

I'll answer all in the messages as not to disrupt the thread.

---

Again

Hopefully all have a good life.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

lol thanks.

The issue of whether lila is really transgender is the most important one in my opinion but others have wandered off on bigger picture discussions which are relevant to the story.

The problem is, no one knows anything which would answer that question and that's left us with nothing but Lila's own words, videos and pictures to analyze, which is unfortunate.

I feel really bad for her family. Even if her parents don't support her they should at least be willing to vouch for her credibility in the claim that she is transgender.

I agree on 'most important' issue... every point/argument about using the girls' facilities hinges on the legitimacy of Lila's transgender claims.

And about Lila's parents... I love my children more than life itself. I would never forsake them. Where they go, so goes my heart. I cannot relate at all to Lila's parents. I cannot fathom not being there for my children. Ever.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

lol thanks.

I agree on 'most important' issue... every point/argument about using the girls' facilities hinges on the legitimacy of Lila's transgender claims.

And about Lila's parents... I love my children more than life itself. I would never forsake them. Where they go, so goes my heart. I cannot relate at all to Lila's parents. I cannot fathom not being there for my children. Ever.

I can understand Lila's parents perfectly. She is in a small community and I think (not sure) someone said they were kinda religious.

Both of my parents are conservative Christians and very private people. They'd have not answered the door if TV cameras came to the house about me back then. We are a very close family and they love me deeply but they also would not have been willing to become public people in that way back then. However I talked with them yesterday about this story and they told me they most certainly would have issued a statement of support to the media regarding me back then and they'd have no problem answering questions on camera today but all of this was still fairly scary for them in general back then, so you introduce a media that no one in my family trusts back then and you can understand how Lila's parents might be.

They should at least issue a statement though.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Oh, I wan't talking about them not speaking to the media. I was referring to statements made by a friend of Lila's that she is staying at that friend's house because the parents aren't, you know, being parents to him/her right now. Regardless of the transgender status, and whether or not they can wrap their head around it, that is their child and they must find a way to reach across the divide. Because... Love.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

a reply to: JadeStar

Oh, I wan't talking about them not speaking to the media. I was referring to statements made by a friend of Lila's that she is staying at that friend's house because the parents aren't, you know, being parents to him/her right now. Regardless of the transgender status, and whether or not they can wrap their head around it, that is their child and they must find a way to reach across the divide. Because... Love.

Oh I understand now. Yes I agree.

That said, it sadly is not uncommon for transgender children to be abandoned by their parents. They are among the teens most at risk of homelessness, with the highest risk of suicide and often they have to depend on someone from their extended family or even friend's family to take them in.

Just another way misinformation and discrimination about people born trans affects very real lives.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
NEW: September 8, 2015

Hillsboro High School adds 'gender inclusive' restrooms

HILLSBORO -- The Hillsboro High School now has "gender inclusive" restrooms. Signs like the one pictured were posted at the school over the weekend. Students who don't feel comfortable using boys and girls bathrooms will be able to use them.

Last week, we heard from Hillsboro student Lila Perry. She was born a boy, but identifies as a girl. There has been a debate in the town over whether Perry should be allowed to use the girls restrooms and locker room.

Tuesday the superintendent sent a letter home to parents, saying the district will be working with the Missouri School Boards Association to create a policy that will resolve the matter.

View the letter sent home to parents here: www.ksdk.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Thanks again, Annee!

Here is the contents of the letter. I bolded the line that has me a bit confused.

The Hillsboro R-III School District would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your patience and consideration as we work through the issues that have been circulating in the news media. The Hillsboro Board of Education has appreciated hearing the various perspectives from community members. Our district regrets that it was unable, due to various circumstances, to communicate with you about these matters, but we sincerely hope that you understand that we are working collectively with various groups to reach not only consensus, but achieve positive outcomes.

Our district has policies in place regarding prohibition against discrimination, retaliation, and harassment of any individual associated with our schools and we pride ourselves on inclusion of all individuals. We also work to provide a safe and effective learning environment where all individuals are welcome and have an equal opportunity to access our curriculum.

We also understand that there are times when individuals might feel uncomfortable in any given situation and our district will work to offer alternatives to alleviate feelings of discomfort. To this end, our district will be updating signage in our High School facility that will clearly mark restrooms that will be gender inclusive for all students to access. We will also be updating signage in restrooms that will offer alternatives for students that wish not to use a gender inclusive restroom. It is our hope that by offering alternative restrooms with multiple designations in our high school facility, all students will have options that will assist with any feelings of discomfort.

The Hillsboro R-III Board of Education will being working with the Missouri School Boards Association and Education Plus (formerly Cooperating School District) to draft a policy that will work toward resolution of this matter. Respectfully;
Dr. Aaron D. Cornman Superintendent of Schools

I wonder what is in this other updated signage for students that don't want to use the gender inclusive restroom? Tough luck? GTFO? Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I'm not myself when I'm hungry.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron
I wonder what is in this other updated signage for students that don't want to use the gender inclusive restroom? Tough luck? GTFO? Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I'm not myself when I'm hungry.

Oh um, this is for you:

edit on 9-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52 >>

join