It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
NEW

Perry also told Adam that her parents are not supporting her with her protest statement and lifestyle choices.

Lila Perry: They just tell me they want to be left out of it and they also don’t accept me being transgender.

Read more: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

BTW: the comments on this site are extremely ignorant.

edit on 5-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
just watched the new video and he seems to be contradicting himself he said gender neutral bathrooms are dehumanizing but when asked later in the interview about what he thinks about the school making a gender neutral bathroom he said its a great idea.once again ill say it i think hes a fraud i dont know why he would fake this but his story doesnt seem to hold water in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rabb420
just watched the new video and he seems to be contradicting himself he said gender neutral bathrooms are dehumanizing but when asked later in the interview about what he thinks about the school making a gender neutral bathroom he said its a great idea.once again ill say it i think hes a fraud i dont know why he would fake this but his story doesnt seem to hold water in my opinion.

She has said all along that the school/administrators have been very supportive and tried to be accommodating.

I don't see anything contradictory in her supporting the school for providing a Gender Neutral bathroom - - - and her saying that doesn't work for her anymore.

Basically she's saying its like being a 3rd gender - - - shoving all transgenders into a separate bathroom. (yes, I realize she is probably the only transgender at this school - - but, the mind of a teenager is unique.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe one of the best ways for Lila to do that would be to ponder how she would feel about being forced to use the boys' locker room, and the realize that's how her presence is making all those girls feel.

But that is completely different. As one poster pointed out the danger of violence in boys locker room is real and palpable. Where's the danger in girl's locker room?

And you're serious?

It's clear to me, if one has a penis-they use one bath, if one has a vagina-they use the other bath. If one is different; how is that the problem with the female or male. It isn't.

If a person is transgender they are going to have certain issues that affect their lives. Not everyone has the same issues and it's selfish to think that everyone should conform to the needs of this one individual.

[disclaimer; I'm not against transgender people], I just don't think transgender folks should be against everything that doesn't conform to their beliefs/thoughts/ideals,etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022

Maybe one of the best ways for Lila to do that would be to ponder how she would feel about being forced to use the boys' locker room, and the realize that's how her presence is making all those girls feel.

But that is completely different. As one poster pointed out the danger of violence in boys locker room is real and palpable. Where's the danger in girl's locker room?

Not everyone has the same issues and it's selfish to think that everyone should conform to the needs of this one individual.

I'm getting really tired of "how dare they expect to be treated Equally" - - that's selfish.

Do you feel the same about a disabled Vet?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm getting really tired of "how dare they expect to be treated Equally" - - that's selfish. Do you feel the same about a disabled Vet?

that there is one of the most ignorant things i ever heard.

the trans, is looking out for themselves.
the disable vet lost what ever for you so you could piss and moan.
no where even the same.

edit on 5-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

I'm getting really tired of "how dare they expect to be treated Equally" - - that's selfish. Do you feel the same about a disabled Vet?

that there is one of the most ignorant things i ever heard.

the trans, is looking out for themselves.
the disable vet lost what ever for you so you could piss and moan.
no where even the same.

I always love how some people get so defensive about this comparison.

Just because you might relate to a disabled Vet - - and not a transgender does not make it different.

Both are about being different - - - and treated equally.

I grew up with a disabled mom. They are exactly the same.
edit on 5-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

no it's not, the trans just looking out for themselves so they can feel better, damn what everybody else feels.
the disabled vet lost part of themselves so all can piss and moan not just trans people.

there's no comparison that you can possibly make between the two.

edit on 5-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

no it's not, the trans just looking out for themselves so they can feel better, damn what everybody else feels.
the disabled vet lost part of themselves so all can piss and moan not just trans people.

there's no comparison that you can possibly make between the two.

All I see is you being conditioned by society not to see Equal Rights unless its something you agree with.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Okay, concerning the Swedish paper, I contacted Bayne asking about it and she told me to Google the McHugh hoax. Yes, that McHugh. Seems that the actual intent of the paper wasn't actually meant to draw any conclusions about anything.

World's experts condemn McHugh Hoax

Clingin g to a dangerous past

Paul McHugh is wrong

Put short the Swedish study is flawed, admitted to be flawed by its authors, and has been misused by Paul McHugh to represent something it wasn't even supposed to. It's best to dismiss the paper altogether.

And you're serious?

It's clear to me, if one has a penis-they use one bath, if one has a vagina-they use the other bath. If one is different; how is that the problem with the female or male. It isn't.

Y'know... tired of seeing this. So, would you really want to see any of these guys in a women's bathroom?

Google image search of pre-op transmen

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I just watched the new video too and still am on the fence about the whole thing.

As to if Lila is trans, she probably is trans something but that could be a whole lot of different stuff and I don't necessarily want to be critical but she does seem to have a strange body type, almost a skinny undernourished look so maybe there is some genetic or physical things going on there? At any rate, if she is making girls uncomfortable, I still think it is rude and not truly going to do anything to promote transgender rights. This whole thing certainly generates strong opinions though and it would be nice if all this was more of a non-issue.

When I was in high school, I didn't have any real friendships per se but there were five or six girls that knew me fairly well that wanted me to use the girls bathroom for my own safety and I wasn't even "transitioned" and had a boy's name. I did my best to avoid bathrooms all together.

I can kind of relate to Lila in some ways, the whole school knew I was some kind of weird but then again, I was different and odd from the get go. My parents had private meeting with the school a few days before I even started the 9th grade (1969) but I don't know if that was more than about my hair, that I'd have to be hog tied and chained down before I let anybody cut or if it was because of my un-boy like personality they knew was going to cause me problems? There was a dress code but never once was I told my hair was too long and how it managed to be almost to my waist when I was a senior.

Yeah, I took a lot of crap but the novelty kind of wore off after a while except for four or five probably homophobic boys and their friends that really had it in for me. I could hardly go a day without comments of some kind and I swear I had my books knocked to the ground a thousand times as some kind of school sport. I was shy and quiet and never bothered anybody and just wanted to be left alone. Life could have been easier then if I just could have been a girl and why as soon as school was out, that's where I went so I can kind of imagine the types of things Lila might be facing.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

how does me saying that a disabled vet that lost part of themselves to defend the rights of all to piss and moan
in any way resemble being conditioned by socity to something i agree with.

fact is transgenders, are only fuss about their rights to piss or shower in the same place as non trans people. not for all to go into any head or bathroom. there are unisex bathrooms use them, if not use the one that has the equipment sign you were born with and respect others, don't cry about it.

fact is society has mostly always separated male and female restrooms, baths, even during some of and in the most debaucherous periods or civilizations.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro

So, would you really want to see any of these guys in a women's bathroom?

Don't you mean boy's bathroom?

I seriously doubt those girls would have any problem with transmen.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So, would you really want to see any of these guys in a women's bathroom?

Don't you mean boy's bathroom?

No. I don't. They should be allowed to go into the boy's bathroom, but there are transmen who still have vaginas and according to the person I was replying to, they allegedly belong in a bathroom marked with a vagina.

I seriously doubt those girls would have any problem with transmen.

Are you sure?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Yes because they still have female body. Why would the girls have problem with that? That is like saying that the girls have problem with tomboys who act and dress too much like men.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Yes because they still have female body. Why would the girls have problem with that? That is like saying that the girls have problem with tomboys who act and dress too much like men.

But if someone has breasts but still has their penis, suddenly it's "get that freak out of here?" These transgenderism debates are curiously focused on transwomen, but often forget transmen exist. I don't think you grasp the full picture here, and I highly doubt you actually know all of what those girls would be okay with.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not everyone has the same issues and it's selfish to think that everyone should conform to the needs of this one individual.

I'm getting really tired of "how dare they expect to be treated Equally" - - that's selfish.

Do you feel the same about a disabled Vet?

I never implied that people shouldn't be treated equally. A person with a penis using the girls bathroom is considered equal in your opinion, but not mine.

Just because we have different views does not make one of us wrong. There are different ways to look at things, but I see no need to be argumentative here.

I'm selfish in your opinion on this topic [that's fine], but you took my comment out of context-not only that but you completely changed my words, and I consider anyone who changes anothers words to suit their own view as being selfish.. but I'm certain that was not your intention.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

But if someone has breasts but still has their penis, suddenly it's "get that freak out of here?"

But you said pre-op. They wouldn't have penis.

To clarify:

The girls will have no problem with pre-op transmen in their locker room.
The girls obviously have problem with pre-op transwomen in their locker room.
edit on 9/5/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
you bet your a$$ Trans men have an easier time fitting into society

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I never implied that people shouldn't be treated equally. A person with a penis using the girls bathroom is considered equal in your opinion, but not mine.

I can't help your ignorance of transgender.

A m/f transgender girl - - - is female in every way - - - even if the physical body isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join