It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

No, when I was made aware of them I couldn't wait to start them.

Thank you. Hope he understands.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Why was it 'ruled out?' Because someone was uncomfortable with that idea?

No but if you can't be bothered to read the research I am wasting my time talking to you about it in any sort of intelligent way.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No, when I was made aware of them I couldn't wait to start them.

Thank you. Hope he understands.

He should have just read the my parents talking about it in the other thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Because it's irrelevant?

I suppose you forgot our discussion about clinical lycanthropy yesterday.

Somehow I don't think you really pay attention at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I am not too sure about this Lila fella.

There's no real indepth information.

I looked up Hillsboro, MO. It's a town of less then 3000 (2010 census), located in the middle of the state.

I was surprised the high school has a "Gay-Straight Alliance" group.

There has been no mention of her parents. No mention of professionals. No mention of her upbringing. Was she raised in a religious home with little access to information?

We just don't know anything except the little bit in the media. Did Lila herself notify the media? Or a "concerned" citizen.

Did Lila want this media attention? Or was it forced on her?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So you're just hoping people don't read you links? Because if they do as I have, they will come to the same conclusion - transgender brain abnormalities could be due in part to neuroplasticity.

Tell yourself you're a woman for long enoug, and your brain starts thinking you are one.
edit on 4-9-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Why don't you tell me exactly why you think it is relevant? All it proves is that the human brain can adjust when a person is willing.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have no idea. I'll reserve my judgment till later. Few posters here have convinced me to really doubt him/her.

One thing for sure... this thread has been quite educational from BOTH sides. I understand both sides. I agree with both sides. And we have learned a lot. I am sure some have learned a lot on the science of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
Then maybe we can agree that exactly people like Lila who mock a real condition for their own twisted agenda make this whole topic so hard to accept for regular people? And the tendency to believe that trans people have in fact a mental problem might have some real base? Even if the science shows different?

And another question: why people who deal with this problem for real don't expose the frauds, instead of covering them under the same political correct umbrella? Then wonder why people are suspicious?
What was in fact the point of this whole thread?

Lila is faking it?

Has this been proven?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

First of all you are perfectly eloquent at least for me.
Thank you for coming forward and I appreciate how difficult must be to do that in a forum so huge like ATS, where people from all kinds of mentalities read and judge.

I think I got most of what you talk about from Jade's posts. There are some points though I would like to expand.

How do you know you are a woman or how do you define it? We get asked this very question. Is it because you have a vagina?

Yes, I think so.
I mean, I think is mostly the female hormones giving signals to my brain, shaping my behaviour, my sexual preferences, my reactions to external and internal stimuli, everything that I am as a woman. You know that right after birth the female body produces for a few months some special kind of hormones that cause her to lose interest in everything except her new born? So you may wonder what else of what we are and do is actually hormonal reaction.

And I say I think because in fact I never observed any dissociation between what I feel to be and what I am, so I can never be sure what exactly make me what I am. My body and my mind were always one, always in accord. So when you say your mind is saying you are one thing but the body is another is very hard to grasp that. Is not in the regular people's spectrum of experience. The only thing I imagine similar with that is when I got local anesthesia and my hand felt like someone else' hand. Felt like a dead piece of meat.
But I'm sure is not how you feel your body.
I think that this is also the most difficult thing to grasp for the majority of straight people, hence the endless arguing. When someone says "I felt dizzy" we can agree; we know what is it because we all felt it in a way or another. When someone says "I am a woman" but we see a male body we cannot understand it, because it never happened to us.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but most people will not if they don't have an experiential reference to what are you talking about.

What if you woke up one day with male parts - would you still be and feel like a woman? Would there be a dissociation between this reality and your inner world? I would say yes because your sense of self, your "gender identity" is female.

As I said I cannot be sure. Is not something ever happened to me or that I can verify. My belief is that I would probably listen to my body and build my identity based on that. After all the body is our fundamental material form of existence in this world.

Can you enumerate, describe and quantify this other than by how you feel?

Yes, and I did it in the post you quote from. Is coming to my mind through the body or from the body, but again, because I never perceived 2 different elements here i might be wrong. For me body and mind say the same thing, so how could I know which voice is stronger? If there is only one voice or two voices untangled beyond recognition?
You understand the difficulty here?
I never knew myself to be other than what I am.

As I said above, this is just something you know and I certainly don't have any explanation or rationalization for it other than it was how I was born.

This is something I can accept without needing to understand it. For some unknown reasons is easier when you put it this way

For the rest of your post I have no further comments because I think I got it, even if partially.
As about discrimination, and bullying I can only tell you is a very regretable thing that people did, do, and they will continue doing for the rest of their existence. No matter if you're white, black or redhead, trans or straight, beautiful or ugly, they will find something to discriminate against. We all learn to get by in spite of that, and concentrate on the bright side of life.
So thank you again for your post, and do whatever you can to be safe and happy.
edit on 4-9-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I guess you forgot.

The people who believe they are animals are already people. The only thing it proves that they grasp the reality that they are people, not animals.

link   

One thing for sure... this thread has been quite educational from BOTH sides. I understand both sides. I agree with both sides. And we have learned a lot. I am sure some have learned a lot on the science of it.

I greatly appreciate the information and the amazing patience of a 20 year old providing it. Also, the other transgenders taking their time to input their knowledge and personal experience.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: poncho1982

JadeStar said it herself. She took blockers from the age of 12.

So it was forced on her?

At 12, even if she wanted it, it's too young. Way too young.

How much more do you know about life now, that you did 12 years ago? Now imagine a mind that has only been on this planet for 12 years making that kind of lifelong decision.

I only hope that she is one who doesn't regret it later.

She's already talked about how disappointed she is that she cannot biologically have a child. A feeling that I can 100% relate to, it infects my thoughts daily.

If a child at 12 thinks this way, then the treatments and surgeries should be held off until adulthood.

If by 18 they still feel that way, then fine. but as a child...no.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Lila is faking it?

That is the question some of us, even JadeStar, been asking.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

But she has already stated that if she had waited until puberty, she would be much manlier, which would have been unbearable - and she would have seen suicide as the only way out. The hormone blockers are temporary. Once puberty hits - it's permanent.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Hormones blockers are given pre-puberty to stop the physical changes.

This gives the child additional years to mature and make decisions.

Of course they need to be given at 12. Maybe even younger.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: poncho1982

Hormones blockers are given pre-puberty to stop the physical changes.

This gives the child additional years to mature and make decisions.

Of course they need to be given at 12. Maybe even younger.

Then they take away the absolute life changing effect of hormones that may well change their mind. How can all options be eliminated, if that one HUGE life altering event is stopped?

As I said, I was a late bloomer. I experienced it. i KNOW what it feels like to be denied the hormones.

If they are TRULY trans, then even after puberty, they will feel the same. Before that, it's just the absence of hormones.

There are PLENTY of trans people who transitioned after puberty. Even well into adulthood.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I did find this.

So Lila doesn't really have her families support.

Skyla Thompson said Perry, whom she calls her best friend, often stays at her house overnight while Perry's family tries to come to grips with their child identifying as transgender.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But she has already stated that if she had waited until puberty, she would be much manlier, which would have been unbearable - and she would have seen suicide as the only way out. The hormone blockers are temporary. Once puberty hits - it's permanent.

Female hormones reverse a lot of the manliness.

She has NO clue what she would have done after male puberty, because she didn't live it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nothing forgotten. That's not a great example for making your point, and I didn't immediately connect.

Children raised in absense of other human beings are very different from normal children who experience gender confusion. The similarity - that their brains can adjust - works more toward my point about neuroplasticity being a factor in the brain abnormalities of people with gender dysphoria.

How does it prove gender dysphoria is not a mental disorder?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join