It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

And you clearly agree with every single law ever passed. Right?

No matter what, laws are and have always been clearly perfectly right every single time in every single instance for every single person?

What kind of argument is that?

Doesn't matter there is no law for Lila to use the girls locker room. The laws refers to public bathrooms.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Maybe it's just me...but when I'm changing in the locker room, you know what I do? I change my clothes. I don't look at other people. I focus on getting my clothes on or off and out of the locker room. Maybe other people are looking at me, maybe not but I ignore the people around me and do what I need to do.

looks like youre awesome.
a lot of kids, male and female at this age have issues with being exposed around others.
they dont want to be looked at.
it is a common thing.

too bad every kid didnt have it all figured out like you i guess

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Even then, I did the same thing. I didn't need to be looking at anyone else as I knew that might make them uncomfortable. Besides that, I've always felt it was creepy to be looking at other people in the locker room.

link   
a reply to: Annee

Fair enough, but at what point does this law kick in and what law are you speaking of?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'd say this is something parents need to be instructing their kids on. Someone else's body is their own, and it's not their business to be looking at it, gawking at it, or mocking it. The only person they need to worry about it themselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Even then, I did the same thing. I didn't need to be looking at anyone else as I knew that might make them uncomfortable. Besides that, I've always felt it was creepy to be looking at other people in the locker room.

Cool, not everyone is the same.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

it is creepy but people still do it.
kids at this age can be cruel. kids at this age also have issues with their own bodies.

200 people should not be made to feel uncomfortable so that 1 can be more comfortable

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
are you trans?
then why be offended

I am a woman with a past transsexual experience in my youth and I find it to be an offensive slur unless of course you are also trans and using it as a term of endearment within a group of other trans friends.

Good enough reason?

Edit to add: When I was in 7th grade and faced with showers and locker rooms, my parents took me to a psychologist and I got a medical exemption and avoided the whole PE experience entirely. It wasn't in required in HS.
edit on Tue Sep 1st 2015 by EKron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Considering I was one of those girls who had an "experience" that made me look at boys suspiciously for along time, I would have walked out on general principal. Just the knowledge of sharing that kind of space with an anatomical male would have been too much for me then. It took a long time to get comfortable with any male in my space in that way after what I went through.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'd say this is something parents need to be instructing their kids on. Someone else's body is their own, and it's not their business to be looking at it, gawking at it, or mocking it. The only person they need to worry about it themselves.

100% agree.
does not mean it happens this way though.

parents 'should' do a lot of things that they dont do.
that is a fact.
lilas parents need to be instructing him/her to use the other facility provided

see how it works

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

are you trans?
then why be offended

I am a woman with a past transsexual experience in my youth and I find it to be an offensive slur unless of course you are also trans and using it as a term of endearment within a group of other trans friends.

Good enough reason?

was the comment directed a you?
no?
then no. not a good enough reason

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47
How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

Tranny is an insulting slang word.

Lila by law has the right to use the girls locker room.

She can not be forced to use a gender-neutral separate room.

are you trans?
then why be offended

and no, lila does not have the right by any law

you are saying there is a law protecting 1, but not the other 200?
i dont think so

No, I'm not.

Why am I offended? I take treating people equally very, very seriously.

I was 5 when my mom became a polio victim in 1951. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990 . That's 39 years growing up with being treated as a freak. Denied entrance to businesses. Kicked out of restaurants for making other customers uncomfortable. Being denied insurance, credit, etc etc etc.

If you think people are sympathetic to the disabled without being forced - - - think again.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

are you trans?
then why be offended

Good enough reason?

Two questions not being mean.. what exactly is a transsexual experience? Is that like a small period of identifying with a different gender. Yes or no is fine, not prying for details

Are you saying tranny is similar to the n word? If you're black or trans it's ok to say but no one else? Serious question.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How long have you guys been adults? When I was a kid, the ones that gawked and stared at others were the kids that got made fun of. It was somewhat of a taboo to look at other kids. The kids that did this were made fun of and shamed. This kept the locker room fairly orderly and we all went about our business.

I used to swim on a team and used the locker room 5 days a week for many years. From age 11-18 it was like this with us males. You simply minded your own business or you were labeled a creep.

I think a lot of adults have some bad memories of being in a locker room, and probably had themselves all worked up over nothing in their heads, letting their own insecurities run wild. Just because when you were a kid you were insecure and assumed everyone was staring at you doesn't mean it was real or it happened.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

By this line of thinking, Lila should have been just fine in the boys' locker room.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If our society wasn't all hung up on being nude and others peoples bits which is just nature we wouldn't have any problem.
Prudes....

link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47
How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

Tranny is an insulting slang word.

Lila by law has the right to use the girls locker room.

She can not be forced to use a gender-neutral separate room.

are you trans?
then why be offended

and no, lila does not have the right by any law

you are saying there is a law protecting 1, but not the other 200?
i dont think so

No, I'm not.

Why am I offended? I take treating people equally very, very seriously.

I was 5 when my mom became a polio victim in 1951. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990 . That's 39 years growing up with being treated as a freak. Denied entrance to businesses. Kicked out of restaurants for making other customers uncomfortable. Being denied insurance, credit, etc etc etc.

If you think people are sympathetic to the disabled without being forced - - - think again.

fantastic story.
i take 200 people being made to feel uncomfortable because of 1 person who has other options very serious
my mom does not have polio

none of that really has anything at all to do with kids at that age having to be made to be nude around a person with the opposite sexual organs as them.
not a thing
we are not talking about entrance to a business. we are talking about a school locker room.
very different things

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well yeah, but not everyone is like you.

This kind of nonsense doesn't belong in an academic environment. Young girls don't need to be made to feel like bad people because they don't want male genitalia in the locker room. They shouldn't be expected to keep their eyes glued to the floor while showering or changing to avoid it.

The transgender person's position isn't an enviable one, but they're comfort doesn't supersede other people's.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And the locker room isn't supposed to be some kind of party where everyone dances around nude and gives high fives.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

How long have you guys been adults? When I was a kid, the ones that gawked and stared at others were the kids that got made fun of. It was somewhat of a taboo to look at other kids. The kids that did this were made fun of and shamed. This kept the locker room fairly orderly and we all went about our business.

I used to swim on a team and used the locker room 5 days a week for many years. From age 11-18 it was like this with us males. You simply minded your own business or you were labeled a creep.

I think a lot of adults have some bad memories of being in a locker room, and probably had themselves all worked up over nothing in their heads, letting their own insecurities run wild. Just because when you were a kid you were insecure and assumed everyone was staring at you doesn't mean it was real or it happened.

im 37.
when i was in school certain jocko dick head dudes would look at other dudes in the locker room and point out what they saw as flaws and laugh with their other jocko dick head buddies.
just cause it did not happen to you that way does not mean it does not happen

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join