It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Open To Building Wall Along Border With Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
How many living in the south west can say the same thing about Mexicans? As far as I'm concerned Mexico and it's citizens are nothing more then parasites feeding off of what we Americans have built.

There are plenty of illegal Canadians. I know this cuz my former son-in-law is Canadian.

Like Mexicans, they'll talk to other Canadians - - - but not Americans.

Gee, I wonder why they don't stand out in a crowd. But, hey! Let's round up everyone with Mexican heritage. Right Arpaio.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

... and the Canadians jump for joy

No wait, that's not right.

... and the Canadians sit in their lawnchairs drinking an ice cold beer laughing their asses off

There.
That's more realistic.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Gorbachev tear down your walls?

Hmm....

Feel like we hit this place in history already.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The difference is the quality of living in Canada is much better than Mexico, and illegal Canadians are not quite a pressing concern, or at least I don't think so.

I think the larger problem is probably trying to find a way to keep Justin Bieber out.

[we don't even want him coming back and he's from our country]

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

... and the Canadians jump for joy

No wait, that's not right.

... and the Canadians sit in their lawnchairs drinking an ice cold beer laughing their asses off

There.
That's more realistic.

Canadian Beer....mmmmm.

Gotta climb that wall if they want one.

Jude

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Scott Walker really should try to fire up his brain before engaging his lips.

Here is a list of the top ten countries of origin of illegal immigrants residing in the United States, as of 2012:

1. Mexico - 6,720,000
2. El Salvador - 690,000
3. Guatemala - 560,000
4. Honduras - 360,000
5. Philippines - 310,000
6. India - 260,000
7. Korea - 230,000
8. China - 210,000
9. Ecuador - 170,000
10. Vietnam - 160,000

Hmmm...can't seem to find Canada on the list.

Demographics of U.S. Illegal Immigrants

A wall for the South - a wall for the North. How about some direct comparatives of the "problem"?

Deportations: In 2013, 793 Canadians were deported...314,904 Mexicans were deported
Criminal Deportations: 376 Canadians...146,298 Mexicans.

Relative Deportations

Yup, build a wall (including through the Rocky Mountains) between Canada and the United States. Now there's the way to spend taxpayer dollars. Unimaginable expense, with almost zero benefits.

Mr. Walker...keep on a walkin', right out of the race for President.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
No shortage of Canadian plates on the west coast. The trouble is most are 'New Canadians' who can't drive worth crap....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Scott Walker really should try to fire up his brain before engaging his lips.

Here is a list of the top ten countries of origin of illegal immigrants residing in the United States, as of 2012:

1. Mexico - 6,720,000
2. El Salvador - 690,000
3. Guatemala - 560,000
4. Honduras - 360,000
5. Philippines - 310,000
6. India - 260,000
7. Korea - 230,000
8. China - 210,000
9. Ecuador - 170,000
10. Vietnam - 160,000

Hmmm...can't seem to find Canada on the list.

Oh, look!

Not one of those groups has white skin.

I'm so shocked. Not!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

maybe it's his job creation plan??

heck of alot of jobs would need to be fills to move those mountains out of the way, or blow them up, whatever...

should we build it through the great lakes also? I mean, ya never know we might try to escape across the lake!!!

edit on 1-9-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wow.. talk about wasting more tax dollars where we don't need it. Thanks Scott Walker!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

The difference is the quality of living in Canada is much better than Mexico, and illegal Canadians are not quite a pressing concern, or at least I don't think so.

I think the larger problem is probably trying to find a way to keep Justin Bieber out.

please for the love of all that is holy, stop Walker before he walls Bieber in with us!

(wishing Bieber would just go home and sneak Miley in with him....then up the wall goes!)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

originally posted by: boncho

please for the love of all that is holy, stop Walker before he walls Bieber in with us!

(wishing Bieber would just go home and sneak Miley in with him....then up the wall goes!)

Hey! I think Bieber is very talented. He's just a punk ass that needs to grow up.

Wish I could tell my daughter's story about working with him. But, "What happens in Hollywood, stays in Hollywood".

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

A debate between HIM and Trump ?
GAD you could almost sell a PPV on it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Nations build walls to keep people in, I'm thinking of Berlin here. That should have no place in America.

originally posted by: Annee
Biden should not run.

A VP needs to start his campaigning while "In Office". Biden has done nothing to establish himself as the successor.

I like the guy. But, I don't really know who he is.

You should look into him more. Believe it or not Biden is solid on policy and his background. He has integrity, he hasn't sold out, he's widely respected in Congress as someone who gets things done, and he spent most of his time at VP negotiating deals because Congress was stonewalled. Oh, and you can just look at all the various gaffes for proof that he's not just following Obama on policy, the two disagreed on that a lot.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: crazyewok
Yeah cause poor huddled masses from canada are swamping the USA!

With better healthcare and welfare I dont think canadians will be comeing south to leech off the USA.

More like the other way round!

Canadians already leech off the US simply by proximity. You don't need to spend anything on defense when you border an ally with the most powerful military in the world.

Because if/when they choose to invade (again) it won't matter how much you've spent.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
Just so Walker understands, and I want to be very clear here... we're not paying for it.

Build away, Scott. Make it tall, topped with razor wire and make it coast to coast to (Alaskan) coast.

See if we Canadians give a rats behind.

If you damned Canucks want to keep us Americans out, you can pay for and build that wall yourselves.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Mmmmmm.... nope. Not gonna happen. We're in a 'technical recession'.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
They're trying build a prison

For you and me...
Oh baby you and me..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

America is in a correctional period... that means the power brokers are no longer able to keep the audience from seeing the recession that started in 2007 and has been hiding to maintain the illusion. We *could* build the wall, but in good modern American fashion we'll probably just whine and bitch about it until someone else pays for it, builds it, and then we'll allow it to fall into total disrepair after taking possession of it because, you know, life is hard when you have to put any effort into it.

UGH!

Screw the wall, Canada, please start up your chainsaws and break us (by 'us' I mean take Alaska along) loose from the continental United States! If you start cutting today at Maine, you should be able to rip the seam all the way to Washington State before Boxing Day.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Alaska as a province.

Hmmm

I like the idea, but only because I love the NWT and Yukon.

But I'm not in favour of fences or deep cuts on the borders. I like the idea of keeping migration routes open for bears, buffalo and elk coming through from Yellowstone to the Yukon. Ever hear of the Y2Y Project? I'm all for that.
edit on 1/9/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join