It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Open To Building Wall Along Border With Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's it! I'm packing my stuff and I'm leaving civilization. I now know the reason for my depression. Reading constantly about all the asinine attitudes everywhere, conflicting opinions, bigotry and complete moronic ideas. Fack it, why not build a DOME! Why stop at a wall? Go elect Trump the chump, build your walls north and south, launch that nuke and get this # over with. I hate society, the majority are idiots.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: xuenchen

When America begins to look like a 'prison for profit', then every American could become 'cheap labor'.

The American "inner prison" is happening sooner than many think.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It twice the size of the Mexican border...

Better make sure it rust proof steel, cause concrete gonna contract and expand like a mofo.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
WHAT the hell FOR?
Have we been assaulted by CANADA?
Actually they would HAVE to seal the borders if they wanted an IRON CLAD martial law for another draft.
Now that women are being groomed for combat slots...

Its a bad idea for women to serve in combat roles on the ground. I suspect rape and sex might become a issue. Oh so private johnson and sergeant jane were screwing when the talibal just waltzed into the base and blew himself up in the mess hall huh?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Scott Walker is so funny, trying to "keep up with" the Donald! I just caught the end of a story yesterday on TV about the other candidates trying to compete with him. It was a Twitter post or something that read:

"I want Donald to announce that he has eaten 1000 bees, just so I can see Scott Walker stuffing his mouth with bees!"

LOL!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And, of course, this wall across the Mountainous northern border is going to stop people (and whatever) coming in from both coasts.

Homemade submarines have already been discovered.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Yes I imagine all those Canadians can't wait to lose their free healthcare and come to America and be charged extortion prices for worse treatment.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Scott Walker is so funny, trying to "keep up with" the Donald! I just caught the end of a story yesterday on TV about the other candidates trying to compete with him. It was a Twitter post or something that read:

"I want Donald to announce that he has eaten 1000 bees, just so I can see Scott Walker stuffing his mouth with bees!"

LOL!

This is seriously the most ridiculous campaign season I've ever experienced.

I'm almost to the "Why bother" stage.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No,no BIDEN might run ,CAN you IMAGINE the hillarity when hew speaks?
edit on 1-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Biden should not run.

A VP needs to start his campaigning while "In Office". Biden has done nothing to establish himself as the successor.

I like the guy. But, I don't really know who he is.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The thought of Canadians sneaking into Montana and North Dakota must be brought to the forefront of voters' minds. Dangerous times we live in.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
outside of the fact that I do believe that there is at least one native american reservation who's territory kind of sits on both canada and the us, and I don't believe they are gonna go for him building a wall through the middle of it!!

well, is each state gonna be responsible for their border?? personally, I don't feel like funding the danged thing!! I don't see the canadian drug lords coming here and killing people, or being dangerous in any way.
wouldn't surprise me if they built a way one day but if they do, it won't be to keep the canadians out, it would be to make sure we stay in. more like the berlin wall.....

but well, I don't really like walker all that much anyways, so keep on rambling on, you probably lose more votes with each ramble!!!

wonder what kind of hit their tourism industry would take with this one????

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

REALLY!? Walker should just move to China... I hear they like wasting tax money to build giant walls over there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Biden should not run.

A VP needs to start his campaigning while "In Office". Biden has done nothing to establish himself as the successor.

I like the guy. But, I don't really know who he is.

It should be noted that if you were a VP in the past, your chances of becoming the President later (through voting obviously, not if the President dies or anything) are very low.

A VP for president? Historical odds not friendly to a Biden bid says new study

“But even with a wave of initial good will at his back for a 2016 campaign, Biden would face long historical odds in winning the White House from his current political perch,” Mr. Ostermeier said.

His research reveals this: “Just two sitting vice presidents have been elected to the presidency across nine attempts in the modern two-party era since 1828 and only one over the last 175 years.”

The pair of sitting VPs elected president before the ratification of the 12th Amendment were John Adams in 1796 and Thomas Jefferson in 1800. “Thereafter nine have ventured a presidential bid from their perch as vice president with only two doing so successfully - Democrat Martin Van Buren in 1836 and Republican George H.W. Bush in 1988,” the professor says.

Seven other sitting VPs launched failed presidential campaigns. Three lost their party’s nomination: Republican Charles Fairbanks in 1908, Democrat John Nance Garner in 1940, and Alben Barkley in 1952. Four lost in the general election (Southern Democrat John Breckinridge in 1860, Republican Richard Nixon in 1960, Democrat Hubert Humphrey in 1968, and Democrat Al Gore in 2000).

“In addition to the seven failed bids by sitting vice presidents mentioned above, five others received modest to nominal support for president at nominating conventions, although they did not officially launch candidacies for the office: Democrat George Dallas in 1848 (three delegates), Democrat Adlai Stevenson in 1896 (10), Democrat Thomas Marshall in 1920 (37), Republican Charles Dawes in 1928 (four), and Democrat Walter Mondale in 1980 (one),” the research says.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Actually, I live about 100 feet from a major crossing. There's almost daily attempts to get into the U.S. few are reported the other direction. I've actually witnessed illegal crossings into the U.S..

This video is enlightening:

www.youtube.com...

5,525 miles of shared border...

Still the comment by Walker is disappointing and obviously nothing but rhetoric. I had high hopes for him, but his campaign seems to be centered round comments in an effort to draw headlines/exposure.

I've switched my support to Fiorina.....

edit on 1-9-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
It would be helpful for keeping american refugees from flooding Canada a lot more when the crunch comes.

It would be nice to stem the flow of hard drugs out of the States too.

I think you nailed it!

The wall with Canada is Walker's good-will gesture toward our northern neighbor.

Canada no longer has to fear that riff-raff flooding the States will spill over!

Walker protecting Canadian jobs! Protecting Canadian citizens from the flood of violent thug American immigrants trying to mooch off Canadian system! Save the Canucks from the scourge of American illegals!

(seriously, I went once to perform warranty work at a customer in Canada....I almost got deported immediately because I forgot my contract papers, and couldn't prove I was doing a job that a Canadian couldn't do....spent hours stuck in deportation office waiting for a fax)
edit on 1-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I just need to hear his speeches what entertainment!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh come one the US needs a wall all around its borders as you you never know when mad king george is going to pop out of his grave and launch a load of sail boats across the atlantic to reclaim the america's

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I just need to hear his speeches what entertainment!

True. He has no PC filter. I'd just rather see that personality in a position of effectiveness.

The president has to weigh every word, smile, inflection, eye twitch, hand gesture, etc. That would be a horrible thing for someone like Biden.

It was painful to watch Colin Powell forced into a position to lie and convince people it was the truth. Some people just aren't cut out for it.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm from Michigan we have 4 boarder crossings that I'm aware of. I've never met an illegal Canadian. Most that come here go home at the end of the day. I haven't seen a Canadian license plate in 6 months and I live 10 mintues from the boarder. How many living in the south west can say the same thing about Mexicans? As far as I'm concerned Mexico and it's citizens are nothing more then parasites feeding off of what we Americans have built.
edit on 1-9-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join