It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't usually post comments from articles...but the Chief Investigator has a history with the Coroner..and a history of botched or suppressed evidence..

Filenko had a prior grudge against Dr. Rudd before the Gliniewicz investigation ever initiated. Dr. Rudd located two repressed x-rays and overturned a faulty autopsy that was used to convict Melissa Calusinski. The original coroner, Dr. Choi, sigend an Affidavit admitting he made mistakes. Filenko was the one who obtained the confession from Melissa. Many feel that the tactics he used to obtain the confession were questionable at best, and feel that it was a coerced false confession. This case was catapulted into the the national spotlight when 48 Hours picked up the story, and ran a special titled 'Blaming Melissa.'

It should be interesting to note that Dr. Manny Montez, the doctor who was invited to the meeting behind closed doors with the Task Force and FBI, in lieu of Dr. Rudd, is the same doctor who testified on behalf of the prosecution in the Calusinski case. There are assertions that Dr. Montez misrepresented his credentials at the trial as he in not a Board Certified Pathologist.

Filenko has gone into hiding since he blasted the coroner publicly. By the way, as a peace officer, Dr. Rudd had every right to comment publicly on the case as to the manner of death.

Filenko needs to start acting like a professional and not allow his personal grudges against Rudd to affect the handling of the Gliniewicz investigation. One can only wonder why Dr. Rudd was not invited to the meeting. One can only speculate, based on Filenko's previous behavior in the Calusinski case, that he may be trying to manipulate the evidence presented in the Glinewicz investigation.

www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Monday 9.21.2015

Today a major press conference was held to announce that "New Information" has come to light.

Ref: www.nbcchicago.com...

I've read through this (and other) stories today, and don't see any new information. Am I overlooking something perhaps?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
OK.... some things coming out in the press conference.

Here are some big highlights I heard:

- Officials say there were indications that there was a struggle at the scene

- The officer was shot twice with his own weapon.

- Nine different unknown DNA samples were recovered from the crime scene.

- When asked if they were still investigating the possibility of suicide, official said that "nothing is off the table" but they are investigating this as a homicide.

Here is a trib article: www.chicagotribune.com...

Daily Herald has a good Q and A posted: www.dailyherald.com...
edit on 1-10-2015 by VegHead because: adding additional link

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Hey VegHead,

Thanks for posting this information. It's nice to know that this story hasn't been forgotten.

This one hit's kinda close to home for me.

We all have to remember that this could be happening in your community. The community is scared, the police are scared.

No one know's who was involved in this situation. I think the local police departments are doing this right. They are not letting any stone be unturned.

This will be solved. And then we will wait for it to happen again.

Our country is sick. We have alot of mental instabililty within our communites. We also have alot of substance abuse. We also have alot of desperate people just trying to survive.

With all the disfunction, it is a recipe for this to happen over and over again.

Jeez, Look what happened today.

It's not about Gun Control, This is about getting our sh@t together as the United States of America.

edit on 1-10-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

edit on 1-10-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I too thank-you for sharing the latest update, VegHead. It's a relief that officer Gliniewicz did not kill himself. He had so much to live for and look forward to!

The US should amend its laws so that when certain people are murdered, the murderer(s) are tied to a street post for 24 hours and let the public deliver justice to the scum. To raise money for the victims families, there could be raffle tickets sold for guessing how long the murderers would live.

edit on 10/2/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Veg
Just stopping by for a quick thank you. Thank you so much for the updates. I really hope that they can find the answers.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The latest news on this shooting just ... well, it gives me the creeps.

Here is the entire article from WGN news:

FOX LAKE, Ill. -- There is new information out of Fox Lake, where it has been six weeks since the death of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz.

WGN Investigates has learned that the village sought approval to pay more than $25,000 to a private detective agency to investigate its former chief of police.

The chief was placed on paid administrative leave after a village administrator started questioning what she called lax discipline of another officer.

That officer was accused of verbally and physically abusing a man in custody. The incident happened in December, but the village review didn't begin until eight months later.

The chief resigned after being put on leave. Two days later Gliniewicz was asked by that administrator to help with an internal police review.

The next day, Gliniewicz died after being shot twice with his own weapon.

Investigators have not ruled out suicide.

The village says its investigation is ongoing.

link: wgntv.com...

Yep... Gliniewicz was asked to help with an internal police investigation into the former chief (and others, I suppose) and the next day he is killed.

If you didn't think this case stunk to high heaven before, this latest revelation might change your mind.

The level of corruption in the state of Illinois, even in the quiet small town suburbs, is insane. Awful.

I don't pretend to have any inside knowledge of what happened here. But it isn't hard to connect a few dots and jump to conclusions that are fairly reasonable.

Anyway... that's the update that I feel sad to report. My prayers continue to be with his family and with the GOOD men and women in law enforcement that are fighting a terrible corruption from within the system.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Thank you and I agree with you that this has the highest of offensive aromas wafting around each new revelation.

This is what happens to good cops in areas where there are more bad cops than not. I am not a police hater, I've known many personally who are good people and do their jobs in admirable ways and worked with nearly every agency you can think of from local all the up to federal alphabet agencies in interesting ways during one period of time in my working career when I worked for a large self-storage company as a property manager.

When there is corruption in the power structures of police departments at the level which is being revealed by the death of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, who is the kind of cop we all wish they all were, it gives people impetus to not trust any of them and that is bad for our society.

We need police we can trust and yet it seems as though there are more that we can't which is a sad state in which to be.

I hope they nail that chief to the wall.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Thank you and I agree with you that this has the highest of offensive aromas wafting around each new revelation.

This is what happens to good cops in areas where there are more bad cops than not. I am not a police hater, I've known many personally who are good people and do their jobs in admirable ways and worked with nearly every agency you can think of from local all the up to federal alphabet agencies in interesting ways during one period of time in my working career when I worked for a large self-storage company as a property manager.

When there is corruption in the power structures of police departments at the level which is being revealed by the death of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, who is the kind of cop we all wish they all were, it gives people impetus to not trust any of them and that is bad for our society.

We need police we can trust and yet it seems as though there are more that we can't which is a sad state in which to be.

I hope they nail that chief to the wall.

Well, Something was going on. But what.... We may never know. I just hope Joe's family is being treated with the respect they deserve.

It may take some time, but the truth will come out. Maybe not in the Chicago Tribune or CNN, but locally where it needs to be.
I no longer live in the area, but I do have folks there that I have high regards for. And they will stay in my prayers for a long time.
edit on 15-10-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

OK...Let's explore the hit idea...Lt. Joe Gliniewicz knows too much and is asked to "assist" in the investigation of the Chief and associates.

(A) He knows he will implicated and stages a pension maintaining line of duty death...still unlikely IMO from evidence and no one shoots themselves the way he did..could have lived and been a paraplegic etc.

(B) The Chief and Associates consider him a liability and decide to have him killed.

IF (B) then they are covering up more than simply roughing up a suspect...which seems likely...you don't go out and hire a Private Eye (Don't trust internal department or cops) and have the police chief step down..over rough treatment of a suspect.

So what do they think the Police Chief was up to?

Also...Lt. Joe Gliniewicz...why was he there? What motivated him to drive down that path and check out the old cement factory??

If he was going to meet someone on the sly.."Hey, they asked me to cooperate" then he wouldn't have called it in.

If it was a planned hit, then they had to get him there...did someone ask him to check-in on the old cement factory on the way to work? If it was a set-up...then someone had to have asked him to check it out...They wouldn't do it via police radio...Cell records the night before and morning of. If it was a hit they had to get him there.

So my open question...
(1) What did the Admin think the chief was up to that warranted an outside Private Eye and the chief resigning?
(2) Why did Lt. Gliniewicz check in on the cement factory that morning on the way to work.
(3) His home phone and cell records...did anyone call him in the PM or AM that might have encouraged him to check out the cement factory on the way in.

edit on 15-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I believe the reason he was checking out the area is because they had some issue's in and around the area, so it sounds like he was just checking things out. A police officer does not punch a clock. He's on 24/7 It's just what comes with the job. Some officers would not have made the same choice's that Lt. Joe made.

There is an article somewhere in this thread, and it states his reasoning for being there was legitimate.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
DP

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
originally posted by: crappiekat

I believe the reason he was checking out the area is because they had some issue's in and around the area, so it sounds like he was just checking things out.

I get that part and I also remember reading or hearing the same in regards to why he might have been checking out the cement factory.

But if we are to consider that this was a planned hit orchestrated by the Chief or other cops...then that question takes on a new angle.

IF the Fox Lake police said there had been reports of mischief around the cement plant..then...I want to see those records...I want to drill down on who said that their was reports of mischief etc. at the cement plant. I want to talk to other cops and ask if they had been told similarly to check in on the cement plant etc.

Cuz it's possible...not saying fact...but possible...the press asks why was he there...and someone made something up without evidence to support it..."we have had some reports of vandalism recently at the cement yard and the Lt. was just checking it out"...while there might not be the reports to back up that claim.

IF it was planned, THEN they had to get him there.

What if there were not reports of vandalism...but rather someone called him that morning before work and told him there were reports of vandalism at the cement plant..."Mind swinging by there on your way in just to check it out?".

Chasing down whether there was actually recent reports of vandalism or mischief at the cement yard would seem a simple question answer, but an important one. If that bit was made up as an explanation to the press...there is one dirty cop, pinch and press him.

Probably accurate, but why not check?

If this wasn't a planned hit then either (A) Random encounter with cop shot...crazy unlikely in the Fox Lake area...I live 10 minutes from Fox Lake...or (B) Suicide...but again that seems a crazy reach...why call it in, assuring a quick response and why shoot yourself from the collar-bone/neck line above the vest down through your torso? He could have just as easily paralyzed himself or been incapacitated and lived. The whole thing still stinks to high heaven....Hell..the first cops to respond could have found him alive in the field laughing and saying the kids got away..and they could have shot him twice waited a moment and called it in. Swap the department issued guns...shooter takes the Lt.s gun from Holster and leaves his own (the gun that shot Joe) nearby on the ground after wiping prints, no one is the smarter?

So that adds a 3rd question...Did they check the serial numbers on the department issued weapon they found at the scene to confirm it was the gun issued to Lt. Joe? Or just assume it was his cuz it was the same make and model gun he and other Fox Lake cops are issued?

OR...since initially they said his gun was missing and then said it was found near him...they could have shot him, then took his gun, fired it twice somewhere and returned and dropped it at the scene as the investigation kicked off.

Did ballistics actually match lt. Joes gun?

Again..I know these are reaching theories, but investigators should be checking these things off the list.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You are right they should be looking into these things, and I would think they have already looked at these things and more.

They are not going to go into detail to the public what there investigation has or has not uncovered.

I agree, that things don't seem right.

We will find out the truth when they figure it out. And I have faith in the men and women working this case, that they will figure it out.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The special task force has a rep that doesn't inspire trust..Forced confessions, suppressing evidence past cases..and the ME obviously has issue with them. I don't have the same confidence you do that they are sharp and honest.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Has the Medical Examiner stated whether or not gun powder residue was on either of officer Gliniewicz's hands? He could end the suicide theory by stating that there was no powder residue.

Andy Griffin's police department could do a better job than whoever is in charge of this investigation! The local paper editorial is right when it says that the FBI should be called in to get this wrapped up.

Edit to add: Cement Factory + Illinois = MOB
edit on 10/15/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They just released a notification a couple of hours ago that there will be a press conference tomorrow morning (Wednesday) at 10 am central. They say there is significant developments in this case.

www.dailyherald.com...

Wanted to give you all the heads up. We will see what officials have to say now...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Sources are now saying suicide...
www.fox32chicago.com...

I don't even know what to say, but that is the current news. I assume the press conference tomorrow will give more info.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Scratching head more now than even earlier. Whole case is really baffling and I suspect there is a lot more we will never ever hear about.

Stinky pile of dung this one is

I'd really like to know more of what Joseph Battaglia has to say.
edit on 11/4/2015 by shockedonlooker because: Joseph Battaglia

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join