It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

www.chicagotribune.com...

Could you provide a link regarding your comments about corruption charges against the chief?

This is what I found.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Excellent run down Indigo5, thank you for taking the time! One teeny-tiny thing that rubbed me odd also was, in her comments at the vigil, his wife/widow said "at the end of the day, he came home to me". Said emphatically and seemingly she looked directly at someone in the audience. I thought it was an odd thing to say at a vigil and women especially would have picked up on that statement, I thought. It's been bugging me although I guess since Lt. Gliniewicz was very involved with community, probably gone from home a lot giving time to youth etc., maybe that is what she meant or being nervous in front of a crowd.

Whole thing is weird! If I can find video of it later I will post later, for right now I have a birthday party to throw for my other half. Happy Labor Day all.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shockedonlooker

Very interesting point. One has to wonder....

did they catch the guys yet? (Feeling lazy enough to not read back through the thread, but curious...I haven't heard anything regarding my aunt & uncle who remain in Grayslake, so I'm guessing they're okay. Nevertheless, I hail from Lake County, IL, and I've always felt it was a safe place. Bummer about this.)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DarthFazer

No, you simply implied that the murder would be pinned on innocent people.

But it doesn't really matter, does it? Because now no matter who's arrested you've set the table for your claim.

What is there to elaborate on? It's pretty cut and dry. A trooper was murdered on his front doorstep. That's not hyperbole. The murder is unsolved to this day. That's not hyperbole. Not sure what you need clarification on.

What i said

But im afraid that since law enforcement is so corrupt and cant stand to look inept that they will pin this off on a innocent party. They will pick out two white men and a black man they find undesirable and no alibi and they will get framed. You can bet on it

No its mere speculation ," im afraid " as in being in the realm of posibility and it wouldnt be the first time someone became a patsy. Perhaps i should use it in another contest. Please work on your reading comprehention.

And the killers still have not been caught. Hmmmm , maybe the police are as inept as i suspected ?

So much for "you run but you cant hide" and "we always get our man"

Its too bad a human being lost his life. But he was just a guy doing a job that knew the dangers that came with it. I am so sick of the sensationalism and statism coming from cop apoligists. Locking down an entire town is overkill. Every time a cop becomes a victim he becomes a "hero"... Simply by dying. But if i work as a lineman and get electrocuted will it make me a hero ? I mean making sure people get electricity to stay warm or cool is important too. But im no glorified constable. Ill never know false glorification of such glory , oh well "shrugs"

And dont forget

"Be on the lookout for any suspicious activity" - investigators

Whatever that means.

edit on 7-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is the link to video I mentioned upthread: Widow of Slain Officer-Crystal Lake Patch

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shockedonlooker

The Video's ended up being of no use...

Confirmed DNA on Scene was not officers? Was he in a scuffle or fight? landed a punch?

(CNN)—Officers have identified and interviewed three people caught on video near the scene of Fox Lake, Illinois, police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz's slaying and determined they were not involved in the crime, an investigator said Tuesday during a press conference.

Lake County Major Crime Task Force Commander George Filenko said the men were captured on video taken by a home security system and a truck driver who had a camera in his vehicle the day Gliniewicz was killed.

"We have confirmed at this point they were not involved in this," he said. "Those individuals have established their whereabouts in that time frame." He did not identify the men.

Filenko also said DNA evidence was recovered at the crime scene that did not belong to Gliniewicz.

Investigators are comparing the DNA to a national database, he said. About 50 interviewed suspects have been swabbed for DNA, he said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

It's also "in the realm of possibility" that it'll remain unsolved for quite a while.

Then again, as I already said once, it really doesn't matter one bit to you does it? Stays unsolved, cops are inept. Gets solved, well they probably just arrested somebody so they'd look good.

Got all your bases covered nicely there.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
In subliminal honored observance of your profession, here's a base you may have neglected to cover:

I would find out who had asked GI Joe that he stay on for another month.

But that's just me. I'm highly skilled in spotting diversionary tactics.

a reply to: Shamrock6

# 509

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
OK... according to my parents, who live in Fox Lake... the majority of the community is mourning and heartbroken over the loss of GI Joe. He was, really by all accounts, a truly good guy.

Now that the dust has settled a bit, though, people are starting to ask questions. Why was he in that remote location? It doesn't seem as if it is really on the way to work from his home in Antioch? Was he meeting someone there? Was he involved in, or did he have knowledge of, some underhanded dealings within the FL police department? Lots of questions.

I found this in the comments section of an ABC Chicago article this morning, and it seems to sum of the questions that my parents were saying that they are starting to hear more and more:

This case did not sound right from the get go. Now, finally more is coming out. Given the Fox Lake police chief was let go the week before, related to only a one week old investigation of a year old case of improper treatment of a drunk person, you have to wonder if this is related. One officer was also put on administrative leave due to that incident. There are only 5-6 police in the dept. and 2 were in trouble. What role did Gliniewicz have in that matter? Was he involved or did someone want revenge on him?

The mayor reported having a conversation with his "good friend" Gliniewicz the day before he died, in which he asked him to move UP his retirement from the end of the year to the end of September. Why? The mayor also reported he had tried to contact Gliniewicz the morning he heard of an officer being shot to tell him to come in to work because they needed more help. Was Gliniewicz not scheduled to work that day? Why didn't the mayor know he was the officer involved in the shooting?

A neighbor reported seeing Gliniewicz going to work at 6 am. Yet he was shot right before 8 am, supposedly ON HIS WAY to work. Where was he for those 2 hours? Why was he driving down this dirt road to the remote location by an abandoned cement factory before even being on duty? Was he meeting someone there? Did he suspect he was in danger, thereby putting on his bullet proof vest? Do police officers in Fox Lake usually drive around with bullet proof vests while on duty? He was shot through the bullet proof vest in the stomach, this article claims. That suggests the gun was very near his body. Did he know his assailant?

Could he have committed suicide if he knew his job and reputation were in trouble due to the earlier police investigation? Was he protecting his image, his family and his pension by taking his own life under the guise of following 3 suspects? These are questions that have to be asked to eliminate all possibilities in solving his death.
NO Fox Lake police have been involved in this investigation I learned. If I have noticed these inconsistencies in following the case, why haven't the media? The national and local media have sadly dropped the ball on this case. They do not investigate or question. Everyone has jumped on the bandwagon on the hero cop story and their family that no one is trying to get to the truth.

This is the first story to hint there is more to this story. Question more.

I hope there are answers soon.

My parents were also at the 18 mile procession on Monday. Said it was amazing, and just overwhelming. 900+ police cars from all over the area and all over the country, they (my parents and everyone else) were standing in the heat for hours just to thank all the men and women that drove by. Said it was very emotional. They were touched to see that basically their entire neighborhood had come out to show respect.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
Thanks for the update and for some local information.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

The base has been covered since the announcement of who the officer was. The Chief of Police asked him to stay on, after the officer had moved his date of retirement up from the end of the year to August.

Guess you're skilled at spotting things that have been out in the open since day one?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Link, please?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Your article neglects to mention that he was shot twice. Once in the vest, and once at the base of his neck above his back (and above his vest).

It asks some interesting questions, but some of the others reek of "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Something about this case seemed a little off to me.

As one poster already pointed out, what was he doing in that area anyway? Usually around 8, local cops are out giving traffic tickets - they are usually out in full force during the first couple weeks of school to slow traffic down in school zones.

And when listening to the tapes, the dispatch asked TWICE if he needed back-up. The first time he said no, the second time he said very calmly -"yeah get them going". No other contact with dispatch.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
New update in this case:

The coroner CAN NOT rule that it was a homicide. It apparently could have been a suicide?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2
With two gunshots? One to the back of the head? This is a VERY strange case.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Your article neglects to mention that he was shot twice. Once in the vest, and once at the base of his neck above his back (and above his vest).

It asks some interesting questions, but some of the others reek of "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" to me.

I have also read that he was shot twice, but I don't know how reliable the sources are on that. The coroner and FL police, as far as I know, have officially only said he was shot. Not where, not how many times, and not by what gun (his own versus another). I also don't know if the gunshots, as described, would rule out a suicide or not.

Those questions were just an example of what is going around town. People have a lot of questions and not a lot of answers. I hope it gets resolved quickly. But will we ever really know the truth? Who knows.

Here is a snippet from an article posted just an hour ago by a chicago news station. It indicates we don't "officially" know how many times the officer was shot:

OX LAKE, Ill. (WLS) -- More than a week after Fox Lake Police Lt. Gliniewicz was found shot to death in a remote, industrial area, the Lake County Coroner's office has yet to make a ruling on the manner of death.

Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd told ABC7 Eyewitness News on Wednesday that Lt. Gliniewicz died from a "single, devastating wound" but declined to say where he was shot or how many times.

Rudd would not say whether the bullet came from his own or another gun.

He has not ruled out homicide, suicide or accidental death and said he needs findings from Lake County Major Crimes Task Force before making a determination.

Gliniewicz initially radioed that he was pursuing three suspicious men, but investigators said they have found no surveillance video showing the suspects.

On Monday, investigators said their most significant piece of evidence is DNA that was found at the crime scene. Authorities say it does not belong to Lt. Gliniewicz, but officials have yet to say whether they have found a match.

source: abc7chicago.com...
edit on 10-9-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

ETA: And, speaking as someone who knows NOTHING about crime scene investigations or police procedures... wouldn't it be obvious if it was a suicide? They had FBI, and just about every expert you can imagine out in Fox Lake... if it was suicide, it seems unlikely so much $$ and manpower would have been spent looking for the killers. There must be indications that suicide is unlikely -- right?

ETA 2: I have to say that I feel a very uneasy speculating. I don't want to be fueling the "Rumor Mill" which I feel I might be doing. I apologize and I am going to stop posting any speculations on this matter. I'm sorry for being part of the problem here. I'll keep watching for news - solid evidence - but leave the speculations to the experts. My prayers continue to be with the family and for a quick resolution. Thanks for understanding.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Thank you for local insight and updates!

To the thread in general, anyone ever hear anything further about this:

New videos obtained in just the last 24 hours could shed light on the slaying of a Fox Lake police officer, the head of the investigation said Friday.

“We’ve acquired several more videos that we believe are even more relevant” than one that investigators turned over earlier this week to the Department of Homeland Security, Lake County Major Crime Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko said at a news conference Friday.

The videos, which came from home and business surveillance cameras, have been turned over to the FBI for analysis and editing to create one video showing the area both before and after the shooting of Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz.

“The FBI has the technology to put these videos in sequential order,” Filenko said. “I think we’re optimistic about all the videos now, because they all come together.”

Also on Friday, Schaumburg-based Motorola Solutions announced a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the officer’s death.

Filenko would not say if the new videos clearly show the three suspects, allowing only that “there is a commonality there” among the videos.

New videos obtained; $50,000 reward offered in Fox Lake cop killing

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It was reported that police located and questioned the three men found on the surveillance videos. They determined they were innocent and not tied to the officer's killing as they had time stamped receipts showing they were elsewhere.

A week after the shooting, Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Cmdr. George Filenko said police had interviewed the men in the video compiled from residences and businesses and ruled them out as suspects using items such as time-stamped receipts.

source: www.daily-chronicle.com...

I'm sure there is more to it than what is reported. But... yeah, I'm trying really hard to not speculate out loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join