It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I don't know if I missed someone else posting this, but here it is.

The individual who claimed she was car jacked, is not true. She was arrested on false information. She was looking for attention.

Off to work, don't have time to post a linky. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The link: www.msn.com...

She's a nanny who wanted attention from her employer. She's getting attention in jail right now.
-cwm

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Was she looking for attention or creating an intentional diversion?

Secret service , homeland security ... They had everyone focused on volo and lakemoor last night.

edit on 3-9-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Was she looking for attention or creating an intentional diversion?

Secret service , homeland security ... They had everyone focused on volo and lakemoor last night.

She was likely trying to get attention because she was late or a horrible nanny in some way and was trying to find an excuse as to why she wasn't there.

I had a nanny like that for my kids at one time and found she was scamming money by writing down miles she didn't actually travel. When I fired her she cried and said she just needed the extra money....I told her she could have just asked, but this went on for months before I finally caught it so I figured she had no real remorse about it anyways.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

She chose to take advantage of the situation. A costly mistake for her Nanny career, to be sure.

A law enforcement airplane flew low and slow over our neighborhood (15 miles SE of Fox Lake) about an hour ago. Do these planes carry some kind of computerized device that can spot people and cars within pre-programmed parameters? I find it hard to believe that a human is capable of spotting suspects in these crowded suburbs, from an airplane...even when it's flying slow. Has to be some kind of top-secret system at work, IMO.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: VegHead

She chose to take advantage of the situation. A costly mistake for her Nanny career, to be sure.

A law enforcement airplane flew low and slow over our neighborhood (15 miles SE of Fox Lake) about an hour ago. Do these planes carry some kind of computerized device that can spot people and cars within pre-programmed parameters? I find it hard to believe that a human is capable of spotting suspects in these crowded suburbs, from an airplane...even when it's flying slow. Has to be some kind of top-secret system at work, IMO.

Its called Stingray...they act as cell phone towers and pick up all signals/calls from any phones in the area. It is likely that was what they were using trying to pick up a call with the suspects.

Was it a small prop plane, like a cessna?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yes..a single propeller plane, like the police use to catch speeders on the highway. Stingray... I like the sound of that. I wish them luck. Thanks for the reply, VasaCroe.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How far are you from Grayslake?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm on the Palatine-Arlington Heights border. Google says that I am 20.4 miles south of you...assuming you're in Grayslake.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some data...

the shooting took place on property occupied by an old cement plant off a gravel and dirt road at the end of Honing Road, and that the veteran police officer's body was found about 50 yards from his squad car.

Google map image below. The old cement plant on right.
Someone chose that remote location for a reason. No reason for people to be at that abandoned cement plant at 8AM in the morning. The officer stumbled into something bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yes..a single propeller plane, like the police use to catch speeders on the highway. Stingray... I like the sound of that. I wish them luck. Thanks for the reply, VasaCroe.

Here is a site that sums up all of the listening devices they use in planes and cars around an area they are looking for suspects:

Source

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You'd think they'd be able to narrow down who was in the general area pretty easily... assuming all three guys had powered-on cell phones at the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just saw an update that police and DHS are looking at video that was sent to PD by a private citizen. No details on what the video is, just hit the wire about 25 minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I saw a brief mention about traffic cams in a previous post, and in this case that might be one of the best resources for ID'ing potential suspects. Many of the traffic cams are also public, so it's possible to get an idea of what's available to work with. If you go to lakecountypassage.com and check the box labeled "snapshots" on the right, cameras will show up all over the map. Clicking those lets you see what's at that location, and some locations actually have some decent resolution. There are a few in the Fox Lake area and hopefully the people managing the system kept records. Of course it's normal for there to be a lot of cars and traffic on a weekday, but it may be useful enough to narrow down leads on what the suspects may have been driving.

Still like I said earlier, they need a lot of luck at the moment because the description given wasn't much to go on.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here's a link about the second video. Authorities are saying they've made "significant progress" with the new video.

www.nbcchicago.com...

Also, bail was set at $100,000 for the woman who made the false claim.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Just saw an update that police and DHS are looking at video that was sent to PD by a private citizen. No details on what the video is, just hit the wire about 25 minutes ago.

Think there's any chance they are bluffing this in hopes the suspects will turn themselves in?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Think there's any chance they are bluffing this in hopes the suspects will turn themselves in?

If so it's desperate...The perps would run for Mexico before turning themselves in for killing a cop.

I still think even poor resolution video released to the public will get someone to say..hey, thats jim and bill...the hair and that shirt he always wears etc. They don't need good imagery, just enough to get someone that knows them to recognize them.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is getting weird fast..

Still no video released for the public to help...AND the FBI and DHS are all over it...AND the Chief of Police an another officer have been removed..and have apparently been under a corruption investigation for the past month...It opens up the possibility of suicide or a set-up by his fellow cops. Something is not right here.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is getting weird fast..

Still no video released for the public to help...AND the FBI and DHS are all over it...AND the Chief of Police an another officer have been removed..and have apparently been under a corruption investigation for the past month...It opens up the possibility of suicide or a set-up by his fellow cops. Something is not right here.

I'm starting to agree. Have heard about "significant video/evidence" for days now with no updates. Nothing to put the public a little more at ease. They keep alluding to evidence they won't tell public about, and yet the crime itself makes no sense either. The site is practically surrounded by water/marshland, timeline is weird. Jacked up hardware presence with public eulogy coming up. Power shifts within the PD. None of it makes sense and it smells funny. What the heck? I keep having a mental image of three suspects under a dock breathing through straws for a week.
edit on 9/6/2015 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shockedonlooker

They haven't said whether the officer was shot with his own gun.

First the gun was missing, then it was found near him?

They have repeatedly said they have "significant evidence" and "significant video"...and have asked for the publics help...but not released ANY imagery...mind you even blurry video can be recognizable by those in the public that know those individuals. Why not even elaborate on the descriptions??? Age?? Height? Clothing? If they have video and "suspects" they could quickly eliminate those suspects or validate them by showing to the public???

Makes no sense.

For that matter...why didn't the officer call in a vehicle description or car or run plates...these guys would have needed a car nearby to escape if they escaped.

Why did the FBI and DHS near immediately swoop in? Maybe cuz the Police Chief of Fox Lake and other officers (He plus one other have been place on Admin Leave) were the subject of a "corruption" investigation as they have now revealed publicy.

It's possible that the officer that died (a) Either knew he was going to go to jail and face a public shaming through the corruption investigation and staged the encounter to commit suicide and preserve his hero status in the community..or (b) was going to turn evidence on the police chief and corrupt cops and they arranged an ambush thinking they could stage a cover-up...suspects escaping etc.

Not certain that either is what we have, but the facts thus far DO NOT MAKE SENSE...not in what happened, not in the manhunt, not in the repeated call for help from the community...but zero input on physical descriptions...Height? Age? Clothing?..not even just one frame from a fuzzy video...and they claim to have several videos of the suspects now???

With the FBI involved, it should be rolling differently with descriptions and photos by now from the vids. Car make? Model? They have the traffic cams of every light in the area...they have home sec footage and store footage...both owners that turned over the footage say the suspects are on their films? Why not release and ID these guys...exclude them or nail them???

Maybe because the FBI thinks the guys on the footage are not the real perps?? They are waiting for someone to support what the other evidence suggests? Fellow cops silencing him in regards to the corruption investigation or suicide.

Strange story and the way the FBI is handling this is very unusual...and the Police Chief and other cops "coincidently" being knee deep in a corruption investigation seems just too coincidental.

Not saying anything with certainty...but there is a lot to unpack here.

edit on 7-9-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join