It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings about the F-117 companion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CrownCartwheelCreed

Check out your PMs, mate.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Replied.

Also (random thought) but has anyone noticed that if you take a Kingfish and round/tweak a few things..it looks like some of the **19 models?

Lower RCS than the Archangel/A-12/SR airframes so it "might" be a good starting place for developing a LPI airframe in the early 70s...

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic

Check out your PMs, mate.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Replied as well. Check this out, please.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrownCartwheelCreed
Replied.

Lower RCS than the Archangel/A-12/SR airframes so it "might" be a good starting place for developing a LPI airframe in the early 70s...

Little too early for my taste.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Replied. I know nothing more than what I have read. and posted here.

Replied as well. Check this out, please.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Perhaps. Still a lot of mystery surrounding it and the Quiet Bird/Bird of Prey (which started of as a MCD project BTW)

I was just outside of Boeing's Phantom works near STL a few years back.

Heard a jet aircraft take off and head my way. It was a clear day so I grabbed my cell phone and pointed it up- thinking I'd get a nice F-18 pic (they take off regularly from the area)

I saw NOTHING.

Possible I missed it..but it made me think about the Bird of Prey's design goals..and might explain how an operational aircraft has almost never been spotted...

originally posted by: mightmight

originally posted by: CrownCartwheelCreed
Replied.

Little too early for my taste.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well i think neither the BoP nor the Kingfish have anything to do with the Companion tbh.
Boeing is surely prime candidate to have built it, but so are Northrop or even someone like Teledyne.
But the BoP is from the 90s. Whether they did something with active camo or not (I think its just a dumb rumor, for this project at least), the Companion was flying with the 117 when it was still black and was built around the same time, maybe a couple of years earlier. So that’s late 70s tech with production maybe early 80s. Kingfish was old tech by then.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheHans

Check out your PMs, TheHans.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Check out your PMs, CrownCartwheelCreed.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have nothing to add. Have already written (and PM'd) what little I know and all the conjecture I could muster, too.

Hopefully someday Northrop(?) lets something slip and it ends up hanging next to the B.O.P. in a museum instead of hidden at Tonopah or Dyson's dock...

Check out your PMs, CrownCartwheelCreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join