It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Asteroid found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
NASA finds a mysterious asteroid breaking apart, but doesn't have an explanation as to why. Astroid
The scientist think wrong about planet earth and the truth is found with magma , with underground rivers and lakes, our planet is not solid, its very porous with water in the mix. Mass calculations of other planets think wrong to because they use our planet in comparison. My theory is the force of motion just naturally broke something away that wasn't solid in the first place.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: historykel
NASA finds a mysterious asteroid breaking apart, but doesn't have an explanation as to why. Astroid
The scientist think wrong about planet earth and the truth is found with magma , with underground rivers and lakes, our planet is not solid, its very porous with water in the mix. Mass calculations of other planets think wrong to because they use our planet in comparison. My theory is the force of motion just naturally broke something away that wasn't solid in the first place.

What is not clear to me, from the explanation given in the source, is why this Asteroid would be emitting photons in the first place...to, over a long period, create the forces necessary to overcome the gravitation attraction between the pieces of rubble.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Will it hit us?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

No it won't hit us.
The report is from 2014 and the rock lives in the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars so the remains of it are probably still floating around there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: historykel

Given that it is stated that the body in on the "far side of the asteroid belt," it would be unlikely that the effects of the sun at that distance can be the culprit for the disintegration (when we don't see it here closer).

They know that some asteroids and supposed former asteroids (the satellites of Mars, Phobos and Deimos) have immense voids in their interiors--WHICH THEY CANNOT ADEQUATELY EXPLAIN EXCEPT SUCH ARE ESTABLISHED FACTS AND MUST HAVE A CONVENIENT EXPLANATION. I would think that they would go for that explanation.

I strongly suspect that professional watchers of the sky have finally gotten around to factoring in the possibility of strange activities they witness are not all the effects of natural actions and some could be the result of intelligence at work and play. To be fair, I should mention that at the discover of both pulsars and quasars, both phenomena were considered to be the work of intelligence and, thus, were kept secret for several months as various agencies and countries worked toward a more complete understanding of the two strange sources seen in our skies. That both are now seen as natural but unusual phenomena does not necessarily mean that they cannot not be induced forces of nature.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I agree.... and perhaps the asteroid was not from a chunk of a planetoid or dwarf planet...but was itself just a loosly held together combination of boulders held together only by gravity...

the mysterious asteroid has the properties of a comet, perhaps the bonding ice was burnt off by the solar wind and no tail was observed because it was too wispy to see

I reckon the NASA is just playing dumb so as to generate social media debate among the low-information masses...tweets & such to measure the mood and interest about NASA among the unwashed

edit on st30144111753601252015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

OK... I finally read the attached article... they seem to not be as dumbfounded as the Title suggests
I got roped into that waste of time like a dumb ox......OP, I;m going to pay closer attention to who is posting === historykel is now on my watch list
edit on st30144111825501372015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Really cool pics from Hubble, thanks for bringing them. From the link:

…sky survey telescopes detected what looked like an unusually fuzzy object on the far side of the asteroid belt.

If on the 'far side' of the asteroid belt that means its closer to Jupiter. Maybe it suffered a gravity tug that began the break up. Or an impact from some other object. I'm leaning towards impact because it looks scattered into a cloud like buckshot, instead of drawn out like a string of pearls (Schumacher Levy 9).

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I don't think it's emitting photons, just reacting to them.

Very interesting OP.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This was from March of this year and if I'm correct it was discussed quite heavily on here. Maybe I'm thinking of something else so forgive me if I am incorrect.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I don't think it's emitting photons, just reacting to them.

Very interesting OP.

That would certainly make more sense, but the source article states:

So why is this asteroid disintegrating before our eyes? In a paper published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters (and on a very helpful website), Jewitt and his research team suggest that the asteroid's breakup is due to the nearly imperceptible force of tiny photons that have been radiating away from the asteroid toward the sun for billions of years.

"Those departing photons put a little push on the asteroid," Jewitt said. "The force is really very weak, but time is long."

So, unless the article is simply poorly written, the author seems to be suggesting that these photons are originating with the Asteroid, and are heading sunward...as opposed to reflecting photons that were generated by the Sun.

Quite curious...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yes, I read that too.

I think it's more likely the writer got lost in translation.

Maybe reflecting is a better term than radiating.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Those photons are in the infrared part of spectrum, the thermal radiation. Your own body also emmits infrared photons, which is how you can be spotted in the dark with an infrared camera.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
im not worried. NASA and scientist will have an explanation soon. as they do about everything that exists, even things that theoretically exist.

we always have answers. somehow, we'll be able explain this in time.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Indeed. Here's the wiki on the YORP effect for anyone who wants to read up on it.

In the 19th century, Ivan Yarkovsky realised that the infrared radiation escaping from a body warmed by the Sun carries off momentum as well as heat. Translated into modern physics, each photon escaping carries away a momentum p = E/c where E (= hν) is its energy and c is the speed of light. Radzievskii applied the idea to rotation based on changes in albedo[1] and Paddack and O'Keefe realised that shape was a much more effective means of altering a body's spin rate. Paddack and Rhee suggested that the YORP effect may be the cause of rotational bursting and eventual elimination from the solar system of small asymmetric objects.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarkovsky%E2%80%93O'Keefe%E2%80%93Radzievskii%E2%80%93Paddack_effect

This has actually been observed with at least one asteroid directly via radar measurements years apart.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-9-2015 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There really is nothing weird about the actions of the asteroid. It is probably a rare occurrance and maybe they do not know for sure why it broke apart but they do have a theory about it.

I often wonder if taking the gasses out of the earths crust is a good idea. It would make the crust more dense and possibly cause it to be more attracted to the core or magma area. Now, I have no evidence to back this, it is pure speculation. Frack baby Frack.

If you believe something without any evidence to back it, even if it is correct, that is a skitzo trait. Believing the evidence we are told is pertinent even if it is profitable to the ones creating it is what is considered normal
edit on 1-9-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sure we will get to find out when they know
not too worried

top topics

join