It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Deputies Shooting Man With Hands Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

So then by your argument the video is useless claiming errors make the video appear different. Then sorry you can't use this as evidence either. Again clearly see the hands drop before the shots almost a whole second before. Doesn't take a genius just a good connection.

I am not saying that there is an error in the video, only that you need to make allowances for the difference between the speed of light and the speed of sound, when you are trying to analyse the real sequence of events.

You can see his hands drop before you hear the shots...simply because the visual (light) information gets to the camera before the audio (gunshot sounds) do.

Why do you suppose you see the lightning, before you hear the thunder?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Those Facebook posts are horrendous. I cannot believe that somebody with authority chose to use social media to demonize the press! Even worse, from what I saw the vast number of extant ( read not yet deleted ) replies are overwhelmingly in support of the department.

It's possible to support the department while still stating that the video looks really, really bad.

I posted a comment that simply stated that the department using social media in that manner is absolutely absurd. I wonder how long it will remain on the page? I also half wonder if some cop is going to knock on my door to dredge up some 30 year old ticket or something.

ETA: Went back three minutes after posting to that page. Post was deleted.
edit on 9/1/15 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I think it should be pointed out that some of the ones posting, supporting the actions taken also work for other police departments.

What ever happened to the "thin blue line"? Maybe they should call it the "big blue line" now cause there seems to be no signs of anyone ever crossing it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Things like this make BLM look like a bit of a sham. This is as bad as any shooting of a black person that I've seen.

I'm tired of people dancing and frolicking around the truth.

The reality of this world is pretty simple- none of our lives matter, at least not to those with the power to give and taketh away.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Daedal

I assume this dead bloke will get a state funeral and lots of positive media coverage just like the innocent cop gunned down at the servo.

Unless someone can explain the difference to me without inserting "poor innocent cops, they got a really tough job, could die any minute, it's really really hard" PC BS.

The cop is a murderer and should himself face the death penalty by lethal injection - or 3 minutes on a treadmill - both will give the same result.

I agree with you, but both being on paid administration leave doesn't sound like it'll work out as it should.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: 5thNovember

So then by your argument the video is useless claiming errors make the video appear different. Then sorry you can't use this as evidence either. Again clearly see the hands drop before the shots almost a whole second before. Doesn't take a genius just a good connection.

I am not saying that there is an error in the video, only that you need to make allowances for the difference between the speed of light and the speed of sound, when you are trying to analyse the real sequence of events.

You can see his hands drop before you hear the shots...simply because the visual (light) information gets to the camera before the audio (gunshot sounds) do.

Why do you suppose you see the lightning, before you hear the thunder?

Well said. That was polite. I have little patience for enablers, personally. I had begun, but aborted, a response to him.

I think it's pretty evident that the guy didn't put his arms down until after he was shot. The fact that Mister Flore's arms reacted quickly to the uncomfortable bullet will be twisted into the fact that he was, in fact, going for a weapon. To me, it looks like a reaction to the kinetic energy which just ripped his heart to shreds.

Note, too, how the cops didn't trample his neck and cuff him as they usually do during routine assassinations, any and all of 'em. Something went wrong here, and perhaps only one Glock went off. Happens a lot with cops. They know what they're doing is wrong much of the time, so they are always in fear for their lives, as they should be. Contract killing is a risky job. I'd worry about things if I were a cop. Things like God.

But it is, literally, nothing for our masters to sway us otherwise, especially using the video. It's what they do. See 911.
See just about anything they do.

# 498
edit on 1-9-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I assume this dead bloke will get a state funeral and lots of positive media coverage just like the innocent cop gunned down at the servo.

Unless someone can explain the difference to me without inserting "poor innocent cops, they got a really tough job, could die any minute, it's really really hard" PC BS.

The cop is a murderer and should himself face the death penalty by lethal injection - or 3 minutes on a treadmill - both will give the same result.

I agree with you, but both being on paid administration leave doesn't sound like it'll work out as it should.

Being put on leave following a shooting is normal. Even in a completely justified use of force they don't stick you back out in your cruiser an hour later. The cop that shot the guy running around in a car dealership was put on leave and then fired. The cop that was in trial in North Carolina is STILL on leave, nearly two years after the shooting, albeit it's now unpaid leave.

The whole point behind it is to remove the officer from the investigation into the shooting. Limit the ability to influence other officers or investigators. I know how it looks to "the outside world" but that's not the intent behind it. At all.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And paid leave of course.

Kinda like a reward dontcha think?

Jude

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Jude…one genius here suggested that cops should get paid retirement, after a certain number of kills.

Because of the stress…I kid you not. Isn't that brilliant?

The kid's a ringer.

a reply to: jude11

# 499

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I hear you. I just think that some cases are obvious enough that the LE in question should not be getting paid - unless they use their own PTO as paid time off. Reimbursement if innocent. Clearly there are times when this ought to be common sense.

And I understand that LEO are off the job after a shooting, any shooting. I know quite a bit about how it all works and don't need schooled on the subject. my BIL is a Sheriff in the next county, and my neighbor is also a sheriff. I've been around LE most of my life--doesn't change my view at all. Some LEO are just poor at their job and just foul all around.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

As evidenced by this thread and many others, the vast majority either have no idea why they're put on leave or blithely ignore the actual reason in lieu of pithy comments.

Don't disagree at all that there are craptastic cops. Just don't agree that being put on leave is "an indication that things won't work out as it should."
edit on 1-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Got sidetracked and repeated myself. My bad

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

At 300 feet, the difference is about .25 seconds.

www.estopwatch.net...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The officer on the right appears to immediately go over and kick away what one would presume is a weapon and continue to slide it further away with his foot? or am I just seeing things. If thats the case then I dont see this as one of those cold blooded cop murders that we all agree happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Totally justified, that guy was clearly preparing +10 fireball attack.

Kudos to the deputies for their quick thinking.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: mobiusmale

At 300 feet, the difference is about .25 seconds.

www.estopwatch.net...

Looks/sounds about right...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TAWonATS

He does indeed kick something away.

And I still haven't seen anything about what the deceased's left arm is doing, since all I can see is a pole in the way.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: TAWonATS

He does indeed kick something away.

And I still haven't seen anything about what the deceased's left arm is doing, since all I can see is a pole in the way.

Just noticing this, all I can say is, maybe.

It doesn't make sense that a shirtless guy would wander around his front yard out into the street and raise his hands so he could go for a weapon but, you have a point that we can neither see it nor reasonably dismiss the possibility.

Do shirtless dudes in domestic disputes tend to tape handguns to their backs? John McClane aside?

And, if so, maybe the "hands up don't poop" people were perjuriously prophetic.
edit on 1-9-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As anyone come across information stating that both officers fired total three shots)? I can here a faint, different sounding pop just a fraction of a second before he brings his hands down and I'm wondering if it is a shot from the other officer.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

That actually tends to support the hypothesis that the victim/assailant did have a weapon.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: CraftBuilder

That actually tends to support the hypothesis that the victim/assailant did have a weapon.

How is that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join