It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekinesis discussion anyone?😊

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I guess I should've mentioned im a horrible aim also, and when I let the lighter go, it felt like I was still gripping it. And I felt the contact between the lighter and fly, if that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

I agree with you, I wanted to use sports as an example but wasn't sure if it would be questionable because of practicing, said sport

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I think you're looking at it, in the perspective of black and white, when its more like the statistics of sport players.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I don't think you understand my point, what if its like trying to decide if you're gonna have a dream when you fall asleep? In my opinion I don't think you know if your gonna have a dream until on the verge of falling asleep.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: TechniXcality

Really not much of an argument. I would love it to be true, but there is no evidence to support it.

No evidence to support what? Are you suggesting we live in a universe where strange and inexplicable events do not occur? My argument, is indeed based on the fact that we live in a universe where strange and inexplicable things do occur!

Let's start with what happened before the 'big bang' , what caused the Big Bang? there is so much left unexplained, all the way from missing socks, to life's origins, to the universe orgins, to alien abduction, to reported religious experinces, even telepathy and telekinesis.All of these things fall under strange and inexplicable.

It could be said that with enough understanding of the physics and sciences, that we can answer these unknowns and weed out the unfounded. Right now brother, we can't even harness the energy of the sun efficiently, we can't take full control of our environment, and distribute water as we see fit.

We are still very very ignorant, so sitting here from a position of authority and saying this is not possible! Well you're wrong, because you don't know! Logically you should be able to reproduce telekinesis or telapathy in a labatory, the thing is these occurances could be spontaneous, there are so many ifs and buts.

I'm not saying I am a 'believer' I am saying the discrediting of the strange and inexplicable is almost certainly faith based. Things like this need more investigation that is my argument, and I don't draw conclusions. That's the most open minded and skeptical viewpoint you can have.
edit on 1-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
sorry on a smartphone, I tried to delete what wasn't highlighted in an edited reply, clearly it didn't work, sorry bout that. I don't know if it's done the same, as You'd do on a PC, do you know, actually?

Depends on the phone I suppose, that's how mine works, I would not be surprised if some worked different though.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Really not much of an argument. I would love it to be true, but there is no evidence to support it.

No evidence to support what? Are you suggesting we live in a universe where strange an inexplicable events do not occur? My argument, is indeed based on the fact that we live in a universe where strange and inexplicable things do occur!

Inexplicable in what way? That we can't explain, or that can't be explained? Strange things we aren't sure how to explain is not evidence for telekinesis. That is the topic of the thread, telekinesis.

If you wish to say there are things we can't explain I am right there with you, it's just not the thread title/topic.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I don't think you understand my point, what if its like trying to decide if you're gonna have a dream when you fall asleep? In my opinion I don't think you know if your gonna have a dream until on the verge of falling asleep.

You always have a dream. The question is remembering it. There are tricks you can use to increase your recall, but it's nothing mysterious. Same as being able to use tricks to increase your memory.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Inexplicable, in that we currently can't explain,come on now! 0ccamsrazor04, please don't be tedious.

Further, I don't need to be reminded of the thread topic, and indeed it falls under 'strange and inexplicable' I am simply making the case further investigation should occur. The evidence currently is personal testimony and eye witness testimony.

We can discredit that all day long, I tend to give credence when such things are attested to by so many people, I'm not saying it gives proof of a mind moving objects, or hearing other peoples thoughts. I am saying something strange and inexplicable has occurred and needs further investigation.

How that investigation takes place is the proper discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

chucked it at the fly (my neighbor that was also there, looked at me shocked) I was like,"yeah i know, practically impossible right?"

So are these people using telekinesis?

edit on 1-9-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If it existed it would be easy to prove, and the person would be a millionaire over night.

Since that has never happened, and no one can ever demonstrate the ability, I am going with does not exist.

Yeah, that's a party pooper alright.. it's funny how negativity can suddenly fall into the nature or the sensation or the mood of a thread to create all sorts of discordance to in effect injure what are otherwise harmonious ideas..

It's similar to listening to wonderful classical music and then suddenly someone begins playing irrascible non music of some sort..

PK and TK are are absolutely possible..
edit on 1-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It seems that this topic is under you and you have come to your own conclusion BEFORE even reading the thread, I've always questioned the possibility or maybe probability of most of the paranormal...why, cause i just don't know? And what if the phenomenon is proven true, how'd you feel then? The topic of my OP was to create food for thought, I wasn't even trying to prove my point, just used examples of how it might be probable. Either way, I will give up this effort on trying to have you see it from my perspective or any other that would like to believe in this phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

chucked it at the fly (my neighbor that was also there, looked at me shocked) I was like,"yeah i know, practically impossible right?"

So are these people using telekinesis?

a reply to: hellobruce
Awesome video, that would be a prime example of what I was trying to convey. With what little I know, I did what I could though. And yes to some degree, I believe they are using telekinesis. Statistically what are the odds of these happenings? , even more, consecutively ?, I honestly don't know.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, for those who came in with an attitude of "cannot happen", all I can say is A) You are a tad boring, and B) You are more than a tad wrong.

True, it doesn't seem to be a repeatable phenomena, so far, but to completely discount the constant reporting of matter moving when it shouldn't, from uncountable people, some of whom who are as unimpeachable a source as exists, makes me wonder what criteria one then uses to create their worldview, as they can only seem to trust their own senses and experiences? I wonder how they got through the 4th grade, if they didn't trust other people's senses and thoughts?

But any-hoo...

I've seen objects levitate and move on several occasions. One particular instance involved an angry, fuming individual and a nearby sofa/couch that bucked into the air and fractured, loudly, liberally spraying wood shards. Over the years, smaller objects have moved when they should not have... and on some lucky occasions I've actually seen them in the midst of the allegedly impossible action... like a rubbing alcohol bottle levitating for a moment and then jumping and skittering down the aisle of a drugstore.

Most of these instances, though, have happened in houses considered to be 'haunted'... and I guessed that the (mostly) invisible intelligence was responsible, somehow... likely through physical effort while somehow remaining invisible.

But that couch made me wonder about the angry individual... as she had other odd effects upon her environment, mostly via electro-magnetic effects and mostly when upset... like batteries draining, speakers humming when she was nearby and lights dimming ...mostly all when she was angry.

And then there are the vast lists of such happenings compiled by Corliss, Wilson, Fort, for instance.

So I don't know the answers... especially as to why such things are not (often) repeatable in a lab setting... but the fact remains it is reported constantly by some not-so-dubious individuals and we have not answered some basic questions about our own consciousness and the body it seems housed in.

But perhaps all of it is really invisible entities actually manipulating the matter ... thus no need for fancy em fields or zero-point energy.

Heck, perhaps we animals all have invisible helpers moving all our body parts and organs... and every once in a while they stray from their duties and fling a coffee cup in anger? Heh...

edit on 9/1/2015 by Baddogma because: f to n typo

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes, it exists

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Psychokinesis (from Greek ψυχή "mind" + κίνησις "movement"), or telekinesis (from τῆλε "far off" + κίνησις "movement"), is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to influence a physical system without physical interaction. Psychokinesis and telekinesis are sometimes abbreviated as PK and TK respectively.

So this is the topic I'd like to discuss, I believe that people most definitely have this ability, and may have used it unknowingly. I've come up with the idea that science could possibly come up with an answer if the type of research was funded.

With that, these are a couple of examples from experiments that made me think twice.

Double slit experiment
www.google.com...://www.hitachi.com/rd/portal/highlight/quantum/&sa=U&ved=0CCIQFjAIahUKEwiLk8CkmdXHAhVJO4gKHR6TDKY&sig2=oW3ziwbQ16ZG13j hg3gz2Q&usg=AFQjCNFcmJy5fFYfepTgDZoLVmvareaiEw

Reality doesn't exist until measured
www.google.com...://www.iflscience.com/physics/measurement-rules-quantum-universe&sa=U&ved=0CA4QFjABahUKEwiE_bXomdXHAhWDOIgKHQL_AHQ&sig 2=SHaxNqMNxJjqMR881un-7A&usg=AFQjCNFFzSkgEJv5ozwOzRUEiNlos6e7eQ

Production of electromagnetic field by the heart
www.google.com...://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091211131520.htm&sa=U&ved=0CCAQFjAIahUKEwiLpavQmtXHAhXHmIgKHYFGB4E&sig2=qXviw 04WG1cOcIW8G0TbvA&usg=AFQjCNEhhG8nvvN-zgvcN__0_3tDOyDkRQ

Brains electromagnetic field
www.google.com...://quantum-mind.co.uk/theories/other-quantum-theories/conscious-brains-em-field/&sa=U&ved=0CD8QFjALahUKEwiZy9f1nNXHAhX GNIgKHac2B4I&sig2=jqAwWrmMDiyM4ozjb0WhwQ&usg=AFQjCNF2N7mpbXYWGHjEZk4nGIjwlyOmVA

And the one that would tie this altogether.

Levitating frog with magnetic field
www.google.com...://www.physics.org/facts/frog-really.asp&sa=U&ved=0CBMQFjABahUKEwiT69bIndXHAhURl4gKHQxKDoI&sig2=LIhMKVyUDf3mkTADrFevlw &usg=AFQjCNE3CBNhJeRrjUuLnPb8eTl4u0TDXQ

I'll have to admit that I don't understand these concepts well enough, but I think I get it in laymen's terms. And to add, I just found these links, to at least explain where I'm coming from, with my reasoning.

Now I believe that each person has their own manipulative electromagnetic field, and what I mean by that is, whatever is in that field can be manipulated to a degree. Say you drop an apple on a pyramid, if your not looking at it, it will land and you will not be sure where it will go. But lets say you stare at it before you drop it and watch it go all the way down. As soon as it hits something you'll have an idea of where it will go and stop. But the point I'm trying to make is that if you watched it, I believe it possible to manipulate which way it will roll and travel. So I believe the stronger the field, the stronger the manipulation will be.

So I understand its possible I might of used noncredible links but I think it still portrays what I'm trying to get at. I believe the links do speak of credible experiments and facts.

I only decided to write this thread after having my own experiences and putting some thought into how I think it could be possible. So please let me know what you guys here at ATS think about this. Like I mentioned, I'm a layman when it comes to understanding the mentioned links, and yes I understand the difference between magnetism and electromagnetism.

So with that I'll leave you with food for thought, when you toss something and it lands in the exact spot you wanted, was it perfect aim or electromagnetic manipulation?

Can't wait to here from you guys and thanks for reading my half baked theory, especially if you got this far.

Have a good night (or day, depending where you are)

Amst

Short answer: yes.

Psychokinesis is real.

I see how thoughts affect those around us. Its all about the way you think. Its literally like mental martial arts.
edit on 1-9-2015 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I wish I was a telepath.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Inexplicable, in that we currently can't explain,come on now! 0ccamsrazor04, please don't be tedious.

Further, I don't need to be reminded of the thread topic, and indeed it falls under 'strange and inexplicable' I am simply making the case further investigation should occur. The evidence currently is personal testimony and eye witness testimony.

We can discredit that all day long, I tend to give credence when such things are attested to by so many people, I'm not saying it gives proof of a mind moving objects, or hearing other peoples thoughts. I am saying something strange and inexplicable has occurred and needs further investigation.

Logical fallacy. Being unable to explain SOME things, does not mean everything is real. That's like saying looking at a plane and being unable to identify it means ET alien life must be visiting Earth.

I repeat my position, if it was real, it could be shown to be real. It can NOT be shown to be real, therefor it is not real.

Please explain how it can be real yet impossible to demonstrate.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Well, for those who came in with an attitude of "cannot happen", all I can say is A) You are a tad boring, and B) You are more than a tad wrong.

Good thing not one single person came in with that attitude. If you confuse "there is no evidence" for "it's impossible" then that is your mistake, and your flaw, and you really should correct that.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Logical fallacy. Being unable to explain SOME things, does not mean everything is real. That's like saying looking at a plane and being unable to identify it means ET alien life must be visiting Earth.

I repeat my position, if it was real, it could be shown to be real. It can NOT be shown to be real, therefor it is not real.

Please explain how it can be real yet impossible to demonstrate.

Ok, the first statement and logical fallacy you point to, is an anecdote because, uh I have no idea where I made the case that, "being unable to explain SOME things, means Everything is real" you're gonna have to bold that part of my reply, otherwise, you're just stating random fallacy's,that don't apply therefor I'm not going to argue it or defend a position I didn't take, but it is humorous this arguing tactic I will remember it,and employ it for laughs with less intelligent people. Thank you for the laughs

Next, there is evidence as I stated eyewitness and person testimony, I also stated and have stated from the first reply ,that these things have not been demonstrated in a labs setting, sure there's a reported case here or there but they are easily criticized and explained, so I don't use those as credible evidence.

Also I have stated, I don't know what the phenomenon is but that indeed people are saying that something strange and inexplicable is occurring, so your not gonna have me arguing for moving random objects with my mind, or hearing peoples thoughts. What you will hear me argue and have herd me argue, but for some reason your not understanding my points or trying to logically back me into a corner, which is not going to happen; Is that eye witness testimony is enough to warrant investigation.

And that the proper discussion is how that investigation should take place.
edit on 1-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join