It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Cyber Security Bills You Need to Know About Now with Amie Stepanovich and Jesse Ventura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
On this week’s Off the Grid, I sit down with cyber security expert Amie Stepanovich to discuss how the government is accessing your private information online. Tune in to learn about the top 5 Cyber Security Bills of 2015 that you should be aware of and how they could be infringing on your privacy.

What do you think of what Amie has to say?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

There's an inter-dimensional caterpillar on your neck at the start, I think it's drawn to the whistle, big black thing that blinks in and out of this reality. This should be moved to the UFO forum! There's also a typo in your text banner "off, not of".....

That aside (even though that caterpillar freaks me out) I don't think people care any more what information is collected about them, most of us live such mundane lives I'd feel sorry for the computer program tasked with sniffing me out. I hear my packets are all rusty anyway.

The surveillance state is utterly out of control. Our information is always for sale, at all times. (omg the caterpillar is back! eeeeep) cyber 'security' is just a cop out, sometimes they can't stop higher level attacks on your computer, they also wont stop firmware that's already installed on your device.

The internet and everyone on it will one day end up being 'borged' until that point it's just filler.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The reason everyone should be worried about this surveillance, even if they've done nothing, is because...right now we are a collective and if they make just one wrong move that we all "collectively" notice, this could be very bad for the gov't because they are so outnumbered. However, were the gov't to collect information on everyone (including yourself), then the information collected could be used to give every individual person a "personal Hell" experience with the police, the IRS, or any other government entity that they already use to intimidate us.
When "each" person is afraid of the government because of the intimidation...their can then be no collective to oppose them. Everyone will feel helpless as an individual level, we will feel helpless as a collective.
edit on 2-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It might be true, but I would still fight the battle. Do you want to be on a government list, or do you want freedom? It all comes down that.

originally posted by: Joneselius

There's an inter-dimensional caterpillar on your neck at the start, I think it's drawn to the whistle, big black thing that blinks in and out of this reality. This should be moved to the UFO forum! There's also a typo in your text banner "off, not of".....

That aside (even though that caterpillar freaks me out) I don't think people care any more what information is collected about them, most of us live such mundane lives I'd feel sorry for the computer program tasked with sniffing me out. I hear my packets are all rusty anyway.

The surveillance state is utterly out of control. Our information is always for sale, at all times. (omg the caterpillar is back! eeeeep) cyber 'security' is just a cop out, sometimes they can't stop higher level attacks on your computer, they also wont stop firmware that's already installed on your device.

The internet and everyone on it will one day end up being 'borged' until that point it's just filler.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think that's very factual, absolutely. The more information the government knows about you, the worse off you are. The government should not have information on it's own citizens, and it should end right there. Technology is a wonderful thing, but with anything it's a yin and a yang. There's going to be really good things that come out of technology and there's going to be horse crap. And to me, the bad stuff is the surveillance. Technology has made it now to where big brother can literally watch us all. I guess that's the world we're going to live in until we find a way to stop technology from being able to do that.

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

The reason everyone should be worried about this surveillance, even if they've done nothing, is because...right now we are a collective and if they make just one wrong move that we all "collectively" notice, this could be very bad for the gov't because they are so outnumbered. However, were the gov't to collect information on everyone (including yourself), then the information collected could be used to give every individual person a "personal Hell" experience with the police, the IRS, or any other government entity that they already use to intimidate us.
When "each" person is afraid of the government because of the intimidation...their can then be no collective to oppose them. Everyone will feel helpless as an individual level, we will feel helpless as a collective.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It's like anything else, technology pushes us in both directions and is open ended. For as many ways as 'they' have to track us and collect data, we have just as many ways to thwart and counteract those measures. People think the internet or that these ip surveillance systems are all integrated and that they can see everything. Fact is it's not,and runs with hiccups all over the place, that's why IT professionals have a job. Currently we haven't any proof that something like echelon and all that it's theorized to be could even exist, and function at that level. Sure data is being collected we have known this, but personal profiles built of each and every living person leading to an Orwellian world, though it could be possible through technology, as of now we haven't seen it or have any proof that such a thing exists. Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by EwanHodgson removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join