It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male morning sickness/sympathy pains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hi, all. My sister in law is pregnant and my brother has been having morning sickness, nausea and sympathy pains. He's having cravings, too. We were talking yesterday and he had an interesting idea. Many men have sympathy pains when their significant other is pregnant. What if it's caused by a pheromone that the woman gives off while she's pregnant? Then again, it could be psychosomatic. Anyway, I don't know if a study has been done on this. I thought the idea was kind of out there so that's why I'm posting in the Gray Area. What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He's making it up to win brownie points with his wife.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The sperm donor could certainly be capable of having a connection that is more than emotional or psychosomatic. Just hope he enjoys the pickles rolled in dirt!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have 3 kids. Never once did I have sympathy pains. I've never known any man who has. If you want to really have sympathy pains? Shove a 8 lb bowling ball up your a$$. That's the only way you're ever gonna come close to what women have to go through.
edit on 31-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: correction

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It is true. My girl friend many years ago was pregnant with my baby, and I had morning sickness the whole time she was pregnant. I have never said anything to anyone about this until now. I was embarrassed!

I have always wondered if other men went through this?
edit on 31-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Now I've heard of sympathy pains, but sympathy morning sickness?

I think your brother must be very attuned with his wife's emotions and that. I think it's possible. Not probable, but somewhat possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958
After reading the above comments, my guess would be no. It might be that only a handful of men go through it.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Now I've heard of sympathy pains, but sympathy morning sickness?

I think your brother must be very attuned with his wife's emotions and that. I think it's possible. Not probable, but somewhat possible.

He usually has a strong stomach but the smallest things have been making him sick. And yes, they're very close. I think that may have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
That got a laugh out of me. It reminds me of the "birth simulator" video where the guy is screaming and crying.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Same here, I have always had a strong stomach and can handle anything, however anything could make me sick while she was pregnant. It was really weird.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958
He works stocking shelves in a store. I guess the chemical aisle really sets him off.

(post by onequestion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have a friend who is pregnant at the mo. And every time she is pregnant her sister gets cravings and tiredNess etc all things that go with pregnancy, her sister even gets cramps and contraction feelings when my friend goes into labour. My friends sister lives on another island in our country. It does happen but have not heard of many men having it.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I worked on the oil Rigs in Louisiana, and I would stay sick away from her. When she had the baby it all stop.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

SNIP.

This is why men do not talk about this wired issue. We don't want to be labeled sensitive P....

edit on 31-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My husband gained weight with all 3 of my pregnancies. Never heard him admit to sympathy pains though. However, he did gag a few times when I indulged my cravings.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
My husband gained weight with all 3 of my pregnancies. Never heard him admit to sympathy pains though. However, he did gag a few times when I indulged my cravings.

What were you craving, exactly?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Apparently it's not all that uncommon.

They're suffering from couvade syndrome. In this condition, sometimes called sympathetic pregnancy, the expectant mother's partner (or, in some cases, a very close friend or relative) has symptoms that uncannily mimic pregnancy.

If you're dealing with couvade in your household, we can point you to two likely suspects: stress and empathy. According to Duerbeck, stress releases chemicals in the body that can manifest as sympathetic pregnancy. And let's face it, with financial worries, health concerns, and good old-fashioned cold feet, pregnancy is often stressful for both parties. Add a little empathy to the mix, and you have a perfect recipe for couvade.

Although men may not talk about it much, these symptoms are not uncommon. In fact, Duerbeck automatically expects to see couvade syndrome in certain situations. Couples who have dealt with infertility or pregnancy loss, for example, are particularly susceptible.

source: www.babycenter.com...

Best Wishes to the new parents, and the new Uncle!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join