It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has begun its military intervention in Syria - Plan attacks against Rebels and ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So now everybody is ganging up on isis, and of course some people are complaining.....well just the west.

Syria is an allie of russia....so whats the problem? The u.s. can go and bomb countries at will with out the countries asking....u.s. hyprocrisy knows no bounds............................

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I want to point out here that Russia already has a naval base there, and has the whole time.... It is their only naval base outside of former USSR satellites. This is a major reason that they don't want to lose Syria.

Syria and Russia are pals, and it's ridiculous to pretend like Russia is some kind of aggressor or invader.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: clearmind
So now everybody is ganging up on isis, and of course some people are complaining.....well just the west.

Um. It's not a reach to diss people that decapitate people. This is indefensible. I'd walk away, even if you just hate the West.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: clearmind

Syria is an allie of russia....so whats the problem? The u.s. can go and bomb countries at will with out the countries asking....u.s. hyprocrisy knows no bounds............................

Exactly, only the West can attack, regime change, occupy, manipulate regions, etc, at will. Everyone else is Satan for doing so....

It's almost laughable. LIke, do people in the West who say these things and know history reallyyyyy believe their own words?
edit on 31-8-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Seems that Russia has their own plans in the ME and they making big inroads .

But then, the convergence of interests goes far beyond mere expediency. This has been Sisi’s third visit to Russia during the past one-year period and his fourth meeting with Putin. To quote Putin, “We (he and Sisi) agree that it is in both countries’ fundamental interests to build up our foreign policy cooperation”. The agenda of Sisi’s talks in Moscow testified to that candid remark:

The creation of a broad counter-terrorism front “in which the key international players and the region’s countries, including Syria, would take part”. (Emphasis added).
An inclusive political solution to the Syrian crisis that includes all parties, including the government, and ensures the country’s unity, territorial integrity and security.
Practical steps to establish a Russian industrial zone in the Suez Canal region (which is the route for the US naval ships en route to the Gulf region.)
Establishment of a free trade zone between Egypt and Russia (and Eurasian Economic Zone).
Use of national currencies in bilateral trade and settlements.
The construction of the nuclear power plant in Egypt by Russia.
Energy cooperation involving the Russian majors Rosneft, Gazprom and LUKOIL.
Purchase of Sukhoi Superjet 100 passenger aircraft by the national airline Egypt Air.
atimes.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

Not everyone in the west is complaining, honestly with groups like ISIS, America could forge new allies with old allies. There isn't anybody anywhere who is on the side of ISIS;it's clear across all of humanity this virus must be destroyed, it's instances like this that allow us to see the human aspect through tragedy non the less; that though our beliefs may be different we all can find the common ground here and perhaps that could be beneficial for all of humanity in the long run.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So Putin found his Afghanistan.
He is going to prop up a dictator, expend his own combat troops and equipment.
Where was his Security Council Resolution procedure?

When the US looks sideways at some country everyone throws a tantrum if the US doesn't follow the rules. Putin gets a free pass as usual.

That's rich. The world did NOTHING while America raped the oil bearing countries. Hindsight should be 50/50..... not completely blind.

Also did nothing when the US kept doing military operations & supporting coups in Latin America.

If this story is true, I agree with this course of action. Assad is the legitimate leader of Syria. If he asks for foreign troops to assist his side, he has the right to do so. Also, I don't care for the radical extremist "rebels".

The original protests were legitimate and they led to a new constitution in Syria. But the "rebels" & mercenary groups don't accept that new constitution and are attacking Syria's infrastructure and Syrian civilians, including the Kurdish people.

And considering that the US has already spent around $4 BILLION fighting ISIS, I don't think those efforts are working too well. We're literally spending more than $10 million a day only to have the same situation as we had a year ago. I hope Hezbollah, Iran, and Iraq also send troops. Maybe something will finally get done over there.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This sounds like complete bunk. Or maybe just confusion about delivery of 6 fighters for Syria that was suppose to have happened earlier this month as a part of a prior arms deal. Russia has been talking with the Turks, the US and the Arabs in last month and given them the impression Assad is finished and Iran wants out. Also at this point, more air strikes on ISIS is not going to help Assad. ISIS has been getting hit with thousands of airstrikes already, a few Russian planes will not make a difference one way or the other and Putin would not allow Russia to be embarrassed like that. Assad needs ground troops and Russia does not have enough to spare. Not to mention the Russia air force is already a mess from increased op tempo. A sustained air campaign in Syria would likely lead to a lot of lost Russian aircraft.

So that the Russian drops off some ordered planes maybe. That Russia is going go into a losing battle with an air force ill prepared. That is very unlikely.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Actually there is maybe only one person on this thread complaining about it. Most people want the mass murderers dead badly enough they don't care who does it. I don't. Let them die. Good riddance. I'll be cheering for Russia.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I hope Hezbollah, Iran, and Iraq also send troops. Maybe something will finally get done over there.

Ahem. Don't hold your breath.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Just to clarify, I don't want them to die. I don't wish death on anyone. My ideal position would be a mass surrender or truce, followed by mass arrests and trials for those who committed crimes. Governments do those kinds of deal with rebel groups quite frequently. Assad's even done an amnesty deal with rebels before in this very war.

My major point is that nothing constructive is happening with the current situation. Syria's civilians are being ravaged, Syria's infrastructure is being destroyed, and Syria's biblical heritage sites are being destroyed & looted. It's causing a massive exodus of Syrians as well, which is burdening neighboring countries. The current situation sucks & if the current actors can't fix it, it's time for a new direction.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I hope Hezbollah, Iran, and Iraq also send troops. Maybe something will finally get done over there.

Ahem. Don't hold your breath.

Hezbollah's already fighting ISIS in Syria along the border with Lebanon. And Iran's providing military aid to Iraq against ISIS, as well. And Iraq's army is obviously fighting ISIS, as well. So it's not a stretch to hope Hezbollah &Iraq would continue doing what they're already doing.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I honestly see nothing wrong with this, Isis needs to be destroyed period end of story.

I don't disagree but Israel has been providing air-strike support for ISIS so this has the potential of expanding into a greater war very quickly.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If the Russians manage to stop the ISIS threat and clear our Assad, American foreign policy in the Middle East will be set back DECADES.

It would show that the Russians can take out enemies while Americans spend years just debating over the best way to deal with them.

A successful Russian military intervention in Syria would be a huge boost for Putin on the World stage, and a massive slap in the face to Obama foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: infolurker

Russia and Iran has every right to help the beleaguered Syria

The hypocritical West would have watched ISIS exterminate the Shia Syrians if they had their way.

I just hope they quickly( unlikely) defeat ISIS and those Jihadi rebels so the people of Syria can have some peace

Where are you posting from, what country?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Our system of government sucks. It is a constant drain on our ability to successfully create and manage business and it pretty much screws up everything it touches.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
If the Russians manage to stop the ISIS threat and clear our Assad, American foreign policy in the Middle East will be set back DECADES.

It would show that the Russians can take out enemies while Americans spend years just debating over the best way to deal with them.

A successful Russian military intervention in Syria would be a huge boost for Putin on the World stage, and a massive slap in the face to Obama foreign policy.

Here is where Putin ha sa advantage. he dont give quarter to enemy troops. you dont surrender to russians. you die.
But No th e US has to capture them an d make nice with everyone. How about go in get th e job done and come back instead. hurt feelings be danged.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Excellent !

you all watch as the USA +french/british /jordanian airforces keep a healthy distance away

the world, including Russia know that ISIS is a western Proxy army... so lets watch & hope the Russians clobber the body fluids out of the Jihadists under the Aegis of the Great-Satan (ie: the Obama WH/Administration)

originally posted by: babybunnies
[...]

Obama foreign AND domestic policy is to coddle Jihadist ISLAM.... it is against this Oval Office Occupants wishes to even officially term the murderers what they are, fanatical Islamist radical killers~~~~ '1984' speech revisions gone wild!

edit on st31144106896831562015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So Putin found his Afghanistan.
He is going to prop up a dictator, expend his own combat troops and equipment.
Where was his Security Council Resolution procedure?

When the US looks sideways at some country everyone throws a tantrum if the US doesn't follow the rules. Putin gets a free pass as usual.

That's rich. The world did NOTHING while America raped the oil bearing countries. Hindsight should be 50/50..... not completely blind.

Nope.
The US had UN resolution upon UN resolution starting before the first gulf war all the way through the occupation of Iraq.

When the US had to get rid of their former propped up dictator, it was by the books and Russia got a vote on the Security Council every step of the way.

Now that Russia has to deal with their propped up dictator for behaving badly, they get carte blanche? Pathetic set of circumstances that is anything but the same procedure. All backroom handshakes with our traitor in chief sending Mr Swiftboat himself to bow down to Putin.
edit on 31-8-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Russia is doing what Trump was planning to do...nuff said

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join