It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious lights over Hawaii sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
mauinow.com...

People reported mysterious lights over the skies of Hawaii last night. Some believed it was a meteor shower, NASA'S statement is included in the link above. I myself don't have a conclusion but am curious to hear what you guys have to say.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

From your source...

*UPDATE: 6:50 a.m. 8/31/15:  According to information released by the DoD’s Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg AFB in CA, the object was likely the Cosmos 1315 payload launched in 1981. Gene Stansbery, Program Manager for NASA’s Orbital Debris Program Office confirmed the report with Maui Now this morning.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Looks like intentional de-orbiting of space junk.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Space junk burning up in the atmosphere I'd say. First post BTW, go easy on me

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarone
Space junk burning up in the atmosphere I'd say. First post BTW, go easy on me

Only gratitude hereabouts, getting early reports fast is important and we realize there's bound to be a garble factor.

I wouldn't call it a 'deorbit', that's a deliberate rocket firing usually aimed at the far southern Pacific. This looks like a normal natural decay.

What kind of witness descriptions came in first?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hello people I'm new to ABT so i don't really know my way around here. but the reason i'm here is to see if any one from illinois has seen what i've seen. I'd say about 5 to 6 months ago i just moved to my new house and i took my dog out in the back yard around 6 or 8 pm. I looked at the sky and saw two really bright red and orange lights at first i thought it was a plane since one light was behind the other but then one of the lights started doing some Crazy maneuvers! and the one in the front was going straight still, Then it started doing the same for a couples seconds then they both stopped and went the same direction they where heading before but in a incredible speed and then disappeared. I was really amazed i knew it wasn't a military aircraft or some kind of balloon
I hope other people saw what i saw that night

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Is it the angle of the video or does it look like whatever headed up, then went down or is it just me?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

It's you. That is just the camera lens being turned

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It looks like Optimus Prime and the other Autobots arriving in preparation for the take over of the earth for Megatron aka ETB1.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Ok thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

You see this little

*UPDATE: 6:50 a.m. 8/31/15: According to information released by the DoD’s Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg AFB in CA, the object was likely the Cosmos 1315 payload launched in 1981. Gene Stansbery, Program Manager for NASA’s Orbital Debris Program Office confirmed the report with Maui Now this morning.

Is what i love! You tha man!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
It looks like Optimus Prime and the other Autobots arriving in preparation for the take over of the earth for Megatron aka ETB1.

Man decides the future, you decide which Gods

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It looks very pretty. I agree, though, that it looks like space debris breaking up as it enters the atmosphere. That was what I thought before reading the official opinion. Cool site, in any case!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

People also forget that the Robinson family leases a bunch of space to the MDA and test go off there all the time that are not always announced. At least it wasn't STARFISH PRIME.

BTW love the classic V avatar. watched the miniseries back in the day LOL. Kind of makes me feel old LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: intrptr

Is it the angle of the video or does it look like whatever headed up, then went down or is it just me?

Probably the camera angle changed. Heres another video that zooms in on stuff that is reentering the atmosphere. The log flat trajectory gives it time to burn up so it won't hit the ground in big chunks.

Despite the news team's 'coverage', this is space junk…

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

People also forget that the Robinson family leases a bunch of space to the MDA and test go off there all the time that are not always announced. At least it wasn't STARFISH PRIME.

BTW love the classic V avatar. watched the miniseries back in the day LOL. Kind of makes me feel old LOL

Ah, so more than one explanation! "Starfish Prime"??

Thanks - love that one myself, and actually own it. Yeah, "old", but that's alright!

top topics

join