It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
People who use the argument 'if blacks don't want to get mistreated by the cops they should stop being violent criminals' expose their own racism. Plain and simple. And racism is not ok, especially in this day and age. YOU CANNOT CHARACTERIZE AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE AS 'VIOLENT CRIMINALS,' AND THEN SAY THAT JUSTIFIES DISCRIMINATION AND POLICE MISTREATMENT. Individuals are individuals. Unbelievable it's 2015 and people still don't see that. And you're just proving that further efforts at stabilizing race relations are indeed necessary.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"All Lives Matter" ..just a noble thought. The real problem is that all that matters is Property.

From that reality, all events follow, and can be understood.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I don't no if I am included in people your post is directed at but I will answer anyways. Everyone deserves to be treated justly by the police, even criminals, and anyone advocating otherwise is a fool. Anyone who claims that an entire race is criminal is a racist and should be ignored.

Having said that, I don't think that is what anyone on this thread is saying. This thread was about an All Lives Matter rally. Some Black Lives Matter supporters claimed this movement takes away from the disproportionate amount of black men that are killed by the police.

Pointing out that there is more violent crime in the more black community shows that there is more police interaction occurring there. This is not to say all blacks are criminals and deserve what they get, it is giving a reason as to why there are so many deaths by police. To call people racist and ignore this is does nothing to help solve the problem.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Grambler because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: Indigo5

Or, blacks have created their own problem by committing the crimes, and popularizing a culture of violence and criminal activity. Then not doing anything to stop it. They don't tell on each other "snitches get stitches"

Have you even listened to Hip Hop?

You do realize that whatever becomes popular is what the record companies and media giants want to become popular. Opinions, trends -- none of that comes about organically anymore. People popularize what is on TV and on the "radio" (kind of a dated term now, but on well).

I'd go as far to say that black music was hijacked in the 1990's with thug culture. I think there's something there, and a deliberate effort by some people to glorify crime and violence.

People only will popularize things that available to them. It works in reverse too. Have you seen some of the insane false beliefs some people have from watching Fox News?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ah, but are blacks the ONLY ones getting their lives ended by police?

I didn't say that Black Crimes Matter, I just referenced Black Crime as a way to show the ROOT of the problem, that you so conveniently ignore when it gets brought up. You just want to believe that there is systemic racism from police against Blacks. When reality shows, it's from decades upon decades of crime coming from the same areas, non stop that has conditioned Police to be aware of the criminal element coming from them. Couple that with the downright disrespectful attitudes that a lot of Black people take when dealing with a police person, you get what you give. You treat them badly, guess what....YOU get treated badly. Whether you are Black, White, Purple, or Green.

BLM makes a distinction where there should be none.

But yes, you can use it all you like! It doesn't change the fact that it is a movement based on a fallacy.

The civil rights leaders, and Pastors that attendened the ALM march would absolutely agree.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I wholeheartedly agree. it was hijacked, and we are reaping the results of it as we speak.

Same with Fox News.

Same with MSNBC.

Same with CNN.

They ALL do it.

That's why I'm not a Republican or a Democrat.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You sir, get it.

Until the Black community changes themselves, and handles the element that is dragging them down, things will NEVER get "better"

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
People who use the argument 'if blacks don't want to get mistreated by the cops they should stop being violent criminals' expose their own racism. Plain and simple. And racism is not ok, especially in this day and age. YOU CANNOT CHARACTERIZE AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE AS 'VIOLENT CRIMINALS,' AND THEN SAY THAT JUSTIFIES DISCRIMINATION AND POLICE MISTREATMENT. Individuals are individuals. Unbelievable it's 2015 and people still don't see that. And you're just proving that further efforts at stabilizing race relations are indeed necessary.

Read my previous posts. I plainly say (several times in fact), it's not all Black people.

But it is a sizable enough portion that it has changed their community for the worse, over, and over again.

They need to handle it, or they will never get out of the rut.
edit on 2-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Poverty and low education breeds crime and violence. This didn't help after desegregation:

...but conservative white parents pulled their children out of schools in large numbers, enrolling them in the segregation academies that were immune to court orders. Most of these schools were established in and around Birmingham, Mobile, and Montgomery and in predominantly black school districts. Some schools still remain, while others have succumbed to demographic changes and financial hardship. As many as 50,000 white students left public schools for these private academies from the mid-1960s into the early 1970s while the number of private schools increased from approximately 35 to more than 130 between 1965 and 1975.

Link

And that was just for Alabama.

And I bet those public schools became wonderful institutions of learning. There has been a systemic push to keep the poor in poverty, and to keep the uneducated from getting educated. This isn't exclusive to white vs. black people -- it's how it has always been. The rich and educated fear loosing their power by an increase in educated people. In the South, there happened to also be a racial component as well.

Racism is real, and has been real for a long time. If you keep a group/race of people uneducated and pump them full of violent, crime-ridden music and movies, don't expect those people to become model citizens.
edit on 2-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Also, on a side note....

Bill Hicks was AWESOME!!

Still remember his comedy routines!

Elmer Dinkley, phone number is 9....LOL!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I lived it. I had front row seats. Went to a 95% black school, and lived in the "projects"

Fatherless households, Mothers with more children than they can handle, and no values being taught at home.

I could have easily fallen into the same trap, but my Mother taught me differently.

Keeping people on welfare, and not teaching them to be self reliant doesn't help.
edit on 2-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

And not teaching the value of education. My sister lived "Dangerous Minds" as a teacher in a terrible high school. The kids simply didn't care about getting an education. Going to school and getting good grades wasn't a priority. You know what was?

- the drug deal after school

-the guy that shot your cousin

-making enough money to feed your mom and aunt

The kids daily lives were filled with immediate needs that arise from being poor. Working two jobs, slinging drugs and avoiding cops, beating up other thugs to maintain reputation ... those were immediate "NOW" issues for these kids. The value of an education was somewhere low down on the list ... what good was an education to them at 17? It couldn't pay bills, it couldn't protect them...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yes.

And everything would get better if they were raised to appreciate life, and hard work.

But every time a Black person comes forward saying exactly that....what happens?

They get called an "Uncle Tom" and shut down. Marginalized.

I think the tide may be turning though. More and more I see Black people waking up, and taking a stand. As we see with the march this thread is about.

But not with the BLM mantra of wanting the cops to "just leave us alone", but wanting to HELP their community better themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
#alllivesmatter #exceptillegals ),:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TupacS
#alllivesmatter #exceptillegals ),:

Im sorry where was that last part in the message?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What you mean bro?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TupacS

What you mean bro?

well you said #exceptillegals

So im trying to understand what you meant by that, nothing that was demonstrated this last weekend even eluded that illegals lives dont matter

So , im confused i guess

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

God is the Answer" was the central theme of the march...followed by a rally where he charged attendees $12 a pop...you do the math.

Let's look at both these items. 1) God is the answer as opposed to the Supreme State is the answer and 2)He charged 15 bucks per person and still got a 19,700 more people than the BLM rally...plus whatever money is not used for travel and setup expenses goes to charity. Glenn Beck has had rallies benefiting wounded veterans, womens shelters www.glennbeck.com... and I believe this last one dedicated to helping Christian refugees from war torn areas.

Here's something on a more controversial 1.6 million dollar donation to help children on the BORDER (please note at the bottom of the webpage the reference to 62 million dollars in FEDERAL grant money to illegals....theconservativetreehouse.com...[ed itby]edit on 2-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: TheJourney

Read my previous posts. I plainly say (several times in fact), it's not all Black people.

But it is a sizable enough portion that it has changed their community for the worse, over, and over again.

They need to handle it, or they will never get out of the rut.

The whole problem is this 'they.' Blacks aren't a unified group. They are individual human beings. Just like everyone else. You can't generalize a race as if they are unified. There are only individuals. Are you responsible for white people across the globe, assuming you're white, or if not whatever race you are? If someone else of your race commits a crime, should other people's perception of you be altered by that?
edit on 3-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Oh FFS.

Again, I'm not talking about ALL Blacks.

Please stop with the fake reading comprehension problems, we all know you can read.

I'm talking about those in their community who can and should stand up, those who WANT to help enact change. If I were talking about ALL of them, there would be nobody to stand up and do something now would there? So, if I have already said multiple times, I am not talking about ALL black people, then "they" naturally refers to those remaining that I AM talking about.

For the record, I'm White/Native American.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join