It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculous! The University of TN is urging students and staff use gender-neutral "ze" and "xe"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well how do we say these new "words" in Spanish or any other language?

"English Only" is not always accepted either.

"Press 2 for English"

I can't wait until we have to start gender neutralizing Spanish! "Hey! Should El Toro be Ze Tore or Xe Tore?"

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What in the world? I just read the whole article . I hate these stupid looking words that look straight out of a Sci-Fi book. So there is one new word to represent the pronouns he and she and what the heck is so gender specific about the pronouns, they or them!?
I am so glad I am not in college these days. This whole time I was thinking when a man turns himself into a woman, we call the person, she, her, woman or female and vice versa for women turning into a man. I understand there are people who turn themselves into a certain gender only halfway, so aren't they the ones who need a new pronoun? Halfway transgender and hermaphrodites are the ones who need a new pronoun. He and she should be fine for people who are fine with the gender they were born with.
I just really don't like these weird futuristic alien looking words they came up with.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Oh Jesus Christ here we go again, one more silly idea with the intent of being PC will only further agitate the conservative crowd and confuse everyone. As a T-women in transition I will say that for the time being my appearance goes from him to her at my discretion. It will not always be this way as I am just waiting to get whatever procedures needed to make me 100% passable then and only then will I go 24/7 but that is in fact the goal.

Anyway even I think this is silly and as someone who both sees and is seen as both genders from time to time I would suggest the easiest and polite thing would be to address someone as whichever gender they are obviously depicting. For those that are lets say gender fluid I still think the overall appearance would be easy to distinguish.

For example when I am dressed as a male I dress in a manner that would indicate hetero male stereotypically speaking of course. Nothing colorful or flamboyant about me in that persona, I also conduct myself in a hetero fashion. When femmed up I commit to that just the same 100% from look to mannerisms. I'm kind of getting off course here but basically it should be easy to tell who is what or representing as what and for the ones that are not then perhaps the easiest thing to do when addressing them would be to say "excuse me, may I ask your name?' then take it from there.

Conservatives I'm with ya on this it is silly and makes a mockery of the average Joe's intelligence. It just divides us further apart.

edit on CDTMon, 31 Aug 2015 15:44:59 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago31-05:00Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:44:59 -050044 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why can't we just say "Youz guyz" like they do in Jersey?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm apparently too confused to live in my own country. I don't speak the language.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Why can't we just say "Youz guyz" like they do in Jersey?

Lol. Or call everybody 'mate' like the Aussies.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This has been discussed at length here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join