It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found? Gordon Cooper's 1957 UFO film "sent...to...Washington...never to be seen again"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

Meanwhile in his batcave, I have little doubt that, Mr Oberg will be planning his next thread about some incident, the vast majority of people already have decided wasn't a UFO and already has a perfectly acceptable prosaic explanation. At the same time Mr Oberg will not be appearing on any thread where there is substantial evidence something genuinely strange happened. That's perfectly in keeping with his media appearances, which are all carefully orchestrated so that, he never crops up in shows that don't tow his party line.

...If one were to be truly conspiratorial then, one might even point out, the increasing number of "non threads" posted on this section of ATS about incidents that virtually no-one thinks was a UFO

...Want an utterly pointless thread about an incident no-one really cares about, their your man, ready present and willing to tell the majority of people that, they already know. The truly hilarious part of it all is that, they are really that naive, they probably don't think others have noted their pattern of behaviour.

Firemoon, I'm encouraged to see another real person posting honestly and frankly in here.

You're right, of course. All the way around.
And the time involved, the professional dedication, it's staggering. It's obvious to me there is a pattern that emerges, and that makes me question, and makes me doubt.

I have noticed the overwhelming volume of NOISE for every bit of SIGNAL that gets through.
Now, I am speaking in general terms, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I can only form a conclusion based on what people write.
It's almost as if there was an intent to drown out serious discussion of alien contact under page after page of distraction. I'm reminded of old cold war days when the Eastern Bloc used to jam the signals of America Free Radio, because they didn't want any outside reality to get through to people that might make them question the party line.

Anyone else find it odd that I am the only person defending heroic astronauts, while there are a dozen or more posters attacking them? Does that sound proportionate to anyone?
I find it odd. I find it obvious.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
If folks still want to give so much credibility to stories about Cooper and UFOs, I wonder if there's anyone who seriously thinks Cooper saw a UFO on his Mercury-9 space flight? That story is all over the Internet, Richard Dolan seems to like it [Day Before Disclosure], who else gives it a shred of credence?

Richard Dolan is Edgar Mitchell in disguise! He never read a UFO claim he didn't like and believe it. Whe he first started out his website featured a famous photo on his masthead. The photo is of the well-known Wash., DC capitol with the UFOs above and behind it. It is accepted by the gullible as the real thing.

I told him that the photo had been proven to show lens flare or reflections of the street lamps below and in front of the Capitol steps. He wouldn't hear of it and left it up until he became successful and had a website change. He is a believer and doesn't challenge and accepts the "romantic" version of Roswell as do many forum members.

As to Cooper's UFO claim while aboard Mercury-9, it is best to keep an open mind in absence of evidence pro or con. I say that because UFOs have been filmed by astronauts orbiting the moon and from earth. Besides, a lot of shuttle videos show UFOs. They are here!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Maybe so, but like I said, skepticism with an agenda should be treated with caution. And trying to make it sound all kooky that there may be extraterrestrial life that would be interested in us and at the same time have technology to monitor us, in a universe that's nearly 14 billion years old and holds more stars than we can count, is skepticism with an agenda imo

Exactly. If I can speak my opinion honestly, I feel at this point, skepticism of the fact that alien contact is a century-long reality make me question either the skeptic's intellect or their honesty.

I'm not being confrontational, I just think that there is no other legitimate position on the issue.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious
As to Cooper's UFO claim while aboard Mercury-9, it is best to keep an open mind in absence of evidence pro or con.
What exactly did Cooper claim about Mercury-9 that we should keep an open mind about? Have you got a quote from him?

a reply to: Scdfa
You can post that in the "aliens are here" thread. This thread is about Gordon Cooper's alleged UFO.

edit on 201593 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond
snip
Anyway, the important thing to remember is that we absolutely should be wary of skeptics, and such things as the swamp gas incident in michigan and the flying lighthouse at rendlesham forest (amongst others) can serve as reminders of that fact.

You should not be wary of skeptics, they/we are a necesity to keep an even playing field. Believers make unsupported claims. A certain type of skeptic sees a chance to research the claim and finds it is lacking in credibility. He/she posts the results and is immediately attacked for bursting someone(s) bubble.

Another skeptic, instead of doing what the above skeptic did, might become abusive lashing out at the claimer's gullibility. This is the type of skeptic you should ignore and not respond to.

There's all kinds of skeptics and, honestly, I wish that the 2nd one above had turned out to be like the first skeptic or like me, open-minded, joyfully tackling a claim. The results are truly satisfying as I've done here a few times and have received praise from members and Admin.!

Question everyone. Ask that they put their money on the table. The good skeptics will offer satisfying replies. If they don't ignore them.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

When considering if an object is of extraterrestrial origin and intelligently controlled skepticism is important.

Maybe so, but like I said, skepticism with an agenda should be treated with caution. And trying to make it sound all kooky that there may be extraterrestrial life that would be interested in us and at the same time have technology to monitor us, in a universe that's nearly 14 billion years old and holds more stars than we can count, is skepticism with an agenda imo.

Even though skeptics aren't the ones filling youtube with bogus UFO videos.
Both sides of the coin are needed , without skeptics the subject is finished , without believers the same applies.

Perhaps you have never heard of disinformation. Which is a shame since US Government agencies have been caught out filling UFology with it.

Michigan I agree , Rendlesham not so.

I'm OK with that as long as you're not going to tell me you believe the lighthouse story

Ah, the good ol' there's life all over the universe and we can't be the only "intelligent" life in creation theory. If that is what you meant, then I'm here to tell you that we humans is all there is. We can prove we exist, no so for any other place in the universe. You might counter with "What about the occupants of UFOs, the aliens, they gotta be ETs." Regardless of certain reports no one knows what's in those unusual aerial objects. Whether there are occupants or they are remotely controlled by unknown beings that have stayed secret to us, there is no evidence the whole package is of extraterrestrial in origin.

That's why it's referred to as "THE UFO MYSTERY". No one knows anything and the last place you are going to find what would convince you is certainly not this forum. And I hope that you don't fall back on Drake's "equation" in which zero results in other numbers.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I feel at this point, skepticism of the fact that alien contact is a century-long reality make me question either the skeptic's intellect or their honesty.

You best understand that the "fact" of Alien visitation is not a Fact but a belief before you question anyone's intellect or honesty.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
a reply to: FireMoon
snip
Anyone else find it odd that I am the only person defending heroic astronauts, while there are a dozen or more posters attacking them? Does that sound proportionate to anyone?
I find it odd. I find it obvious.

You make yourself look good while ignoring what has been happening on this and other threads where ex-astronauts are the topic of discussion. All such named individuals have had honor upon honor reaped on them. But what were discussing is that these same named individuals have gone and beyond talking about their real experiences and have added material that did not originate with them. They became some others' mouthpiece of questionable material.

We're discussing the questionable material side of these American heros. We're allowed to criticize and we haven't lost sight of their accomplishments even though think so very vehemently.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

You should not be wary of skeptics, they/we are a necesity to keep an even playing field. Believers make unsupported claims.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You best understand that the "fact" of Alien visitation is not a Fact but a belief before you question anyone's intellect or honesty.

With all due respect, don't kid yourself.
I encountered aliens directly starting in the 1960s.

Between the two of us, it is actually you who relies on belief. You believe aliens are not here.

edit on 3-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

We're discussing the questionable material side of these American heros. We're allowed to criticize and we haven't lost sight of their accomplishments even though think so very vehemently.

I'm not sure I really follow that, maybe I'm up too late. But thank you for replying.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

That's why it's referred to as "THE UFO MYSTERY". No one knows anything

Nobody? How about the people who have had encounters with aliens? They know quite a bit about it, actually.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Between the two of us, it is actually you who relies on belief. You believe aliens are not here.

When I started out on my journey of enlightenment I did believe aliens were here , I believed the stories of Gordon Cooper and that the Edwards AFB case happened as Cooper had stated , I believed other Astronauts knew of ET but were prevented from telling the truth , I believed ET were on the Moon mining Helium 3 and that was why we hadn't gone back.

I believed many things in regard to ET until one day belief wasn't enough and I wanted to know , I removed the blinkers of belief and set about my search for knowledge and the truth of the ET phenomenon but unfortunately that search didn't lead to ET.

I believe other intelligent life exists but have found no real evidence that it has visited here , that doesn't mean it hasn't just that there is no evidence that I have seen to support the belief.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I believed many things in regard to ET until one day belief wasn't enough and I wanted to know , I removed the blinkers of belief and set about my search for knowledge and the truth of the ET phenomenon but unfortunately that search didn't lead to ET.

So now you "believe" aliens are not here. A different set of blinkers.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I think what gets these people to think that insulting and name-calling is the proper way to communicate...

...Of course, he is a respected individual and you could say he's a teacher who, unbelievably, lends his presence to this and other forums imparting the kind of info that is enjoyable to read which results in improved minds. But not everyone wants their mind improved and the forum has to support members such as Scdfa, who has become a PITA.

I beg your pardon, I thought you just complained about "insulting and name calling", then in the next paragraph you insult me and call me names.
Maybe the irony is lost on you.

The issue is not me not wanting my mind improved by people like Mr. Oberg, the issue is people Jim Oberg not wanting their minds improved by me.
There is a lot they could learn from me on the issue of alien contact.
But, as you say, not everybody wants their mind improved.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

So now you "believe" aliens are not here. A different set of blinkers.

No , I believe it's possible aliens have visited in the past but have seen no real evidence to support visitation as I stated in my post.

Post by gortex
but have found no real evidence that it has visited here , that doesn't mean it hasn't just that there is no evidence that I have seen to support the belief

I have no idea why Cooper said the things he said , perhaps it was self promotion , perhaps he genuinely believed what he'd been told or perhaps he was just following orders ... I don't know

Having previously learned of Gordon's friendly relations with the "Black" world of super-secrecy -- one of his business partners was formerly a top official in the Lockheed Skunk Works, and Gordon has worked from time to time with various intelligence agencies, including the CIA -- I have to assume that he knows far more than he would ever divulge to me,
Interesting interview with Gordon Cooper

Either way Cooper had some interesting stuff to say , it could be seen as information or maybe disinformation , perhaps fed to Cooper to disseminate or created by Cooper , who knows.

edit on 3-9-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The only thing I have to say is Gordon said 'film' and these plates in the OP are stills (plates?) from a reel of film, obviously.

So wheres this film?

Oh, its missing.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

snip
Anyway, the important thing to remember is that we absolutely should be wary of skeptics, and such things as the swamp gas incident in michigan and the flying lighthouse at rendlesham forest (amongst others) can serve as reminders of that fact.
Another skeptic, instead of doing what the above skeptic did, might become abusive lashing out at the claimer's gullibility. This is the type of skeptic you should ignore and not respond to.

Question everyone. Ask that they put their money on the table. The good skeptics will offer satisfying replies. If they don't ignore them.

Exactly! So like I said, be wary of Skeptics

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

When considering if an object is of extraterrestrial origin and intelligently controlled skepticism is important.

Maybe so, but like I said, skepticism with an agenda should be treated with caution. And trying to make it sound all kooky that there may be extraterrestrial life that would be interested in us and at the same time have technology to monitor us, in a universe that's nearly 14 billion years old and holds more stars than we can count, is skepticism with an agenda imo.

Even though skeptics aren't the ones filling youtube with bogus UFO videos.
Both sides of the coin are needed , without skeptics the subject is finished , without believers the same applies.

Perhaps you have never heard of disinformation. Which is a shame since US Government agencies have been caught out filling UFology with it.

Michigan I agree , Rendlesham not so.

I'm OK with that as long as you're not going to tell me you believe the lighthouse story

Ah, the good ol' there's life all over the universe and we can't be the only "intelligent" life in creation theory. If that is what you meant, then I'm here to tell you that we humans is all there is. We can prove we exist, no so for any other place in the universe. You might counter with "What about the occupants of UFOs, the aliens, they gotta be ETs." Regardless of certain reports no one knows what's in those unusual aerial objects. Whether there are occupants or they are remotely controlled by unknown beings that have stayed secret to us, there is no evidence the whole package is of extraterrestrial in origin.

That's why it's referred to as "THE UFO MYSTERY". No one knows anything and the last place you are going to find what would convince you is certainly not this forum. And I hope that you don't fall back on Drake's "equation" in which zero results in other numbers.

How do you know that no one knows anything? Have you personally had access to the files that every US government agency holds on UFO's? You do realise that when most of the files I refer to were completely blacked out when they were released to the public under FOI requests? How do you know that no one knows what's gong on when our governments are sat on so much info about the topic that they refuse to release? They absolutely do know what's going on but they refuse to tell us.

Anyway besides all that it's actually my own logic leads me to believe that a universe of such size can't just be for us. One day the truth of this matter will come out and it will be looked back on in future generations in the same way as we look back at people now who used to believe the world was flat or that the earth was the centre of the universe. We realise now that these ideas are unbelievably silly and when the truth comes out about extra terrestrials, people will view it in the same way, because it's a complete waste of space, especially for such a sub standard species such as ours. If you have an ounce of intelligence, a universe just for humanity doesn't make any sense at all, sorry but it just doesn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The only thing I have to say is Gordon said 'film' and these plates in the OP are stills (plates?) from a reel of film, obviously.

So wheres this film?

Oh, its missing.

The stills look like shots from an Askania tracking camera, exactly as the cameraman and all the records maintain.

They don't HAVE to be stills from a 16-mm [or larger] motion camera.

I agree Cooper says there WAS such a movie film and HE personally saw it.

The question is -- is there ANY evidence from ANY other source that corroborates Cooper's claim?

The answer shown here is a resounding 'NO'.

This argues for the interpretation that there never WAS such a 'film' because there never WAS an opportunity for Cooper to have personally inspected a film record of an event [a UFO landing an three legs] that there is NO evidence for ever happening, aside from Cooper's own late-in-life story that had clearly evolved over many years.

Cooper's demonstrated habit of exaggerating and even imagining scenes in other incidents in his life supports the contention that he did so here as well.

To accept Cooper's claim about this 'film' against ALL other witnesses and records, it seems to me you would have to accept his similar far-out other claims, like the telepathic warning message from space aliens. Or his Gemini-5 capsule peppered with deadly meteoreite hits all across its outer skin [which when checked after landing, was unblemished]. Or... or... or.... the list goes on and on, shall I repeat it?

If that's where you are, be explicit about it, don't waffle.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join