It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found? Gordon Cooper's 1957 UFO film "sent...to...Washington...never to be seen again"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Need more time?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Yes, I am awake, I'm here, I'm here...now take a deep breath. In. Out. In. Out. There. Feel better? Good.

Now. You start with this:

You appear to be under the delusion that there IS a Cooper story about a UFO on Mercury-9?

There, you've already departed from the truth, which is terribly unprofessional, and perhaps a little under-handed.

Here's what you said:
"where is ANY checkable evidence that would persuade a reasonable person to believe the story about the UFO encounter on Mercury-9?"

And here's what I said:
"When did you first start accusing him of lying about this Mercury 9 UFO'?"

You said it. Then I asked how long you'd been saying it.
Sorry to ruin your "gotcha!" moment.

But this even embarrassed me:

If you agree, we'll all see which of us is delusion-based and which reality based on this ONE issue of fact.

If you don't agree, well, then many of us will suspect you've always known you're bluffing.

Clock starts -- NOW.

This is far from scholarly. In fact, it is a rather childish, resorting to schoolyard bullying techniques.

The clock is ticking, alright, on your credibility as a UFO investigator. Clock starts -- NOW.

And since you proposed a loser-leaves-ATS challenge on such a false accusation, I feel that you are honor bound to leave ATS as you suggested. for the time period you suggested.

See you in 14 days, Mr. Oberg.

edit on 9-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Now your turn -- where is ANY checkable evidence that would persuade a reasonable person to believe the story about the UFO encounter on Mercury-9?

originally posted by: Scdfa
Why would they need to be persuaded to accept such a respected and lucid person's account?
Are you talking about Cooper's account of what happened while he was aboard Mercury-9? Do you accept Cooper's account about what happened while he was aboard Mercury-9?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It looks to me like you lost. Your answer cited in my previous post makes no sense in the context of the question you were asked.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
It looks to me like you lost. Your answer cited in my previous post makes no sense in the context of the question you were asked.

Not to mention what Scdfa said 3 months ago:

JimOberg posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
Do you believe Cooper's story about his 1963 Mercury-9 UFO
encounter?

Do you believe Cooper's story about saving the shuttle program from
a lethal design flaw by relaying a telepathic warning from space aliens?

------------------------------------------------

Scdfa posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
Yes, I believe Gordon Cooper completely on these issues.

He was a man of great character, and a true American hero

From the thread Here

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is Cooper's story on the Mercury-9 UFO encounter.

IT NEVER HAPPENED.

[from a 1978 letter to me from Cooper]

Here's the entire page with letterhead and date:

edit on 9-9-2015 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

This is far from scholarly. In fact, it is a rather childish, resorting to schoolyard bullying techniques.

You mean like your 'I know something you don't know' game?

I'm honestly asking, I want to know.

Maybe (to use your excuse for dodging) you should be as little more polite.

So, you appear to be dodging questions again, Mr.Oberg.

Yes you know a thing or two about dodging questions don't you.

To answer your question:

Let's examine the question:

Lucky you stepped out of way there, good dodge.

Why would a reasonable person NOT believe a person's UFO story?

When a person starts claiming the unidentified object is alien in nature it leads a more skeptical point of view for any reasonable person.

Do you realize that tens of millions of Americans believe that aliens are visiting Earth?

I believe many do realize that, however

If the whole population believed it is still a belief is it not?

And that millions more have witnessed and encountered alien ships directly?

You have had direct contact with aliens, the vague descriptions you have shared is what maybe you should get into more detail and stop using what others believe to try and make a point.

I mean you said were going to do a thread did you not?

You whine about "checkable evidence" as if it were commonplace when dealing with alien contact.

I whine about further details, not sure why you don't share with ATS.

A while back you said you could write a book you had so many details, you claim to be an expert.

All you share is your I know something you don't know game and 'back in 66.........' line.

You start to get in to minor details and when more questions arise from what little you share of your expertise you do what others do when you ask questions, you dodge like your life depends on it.

So why make foolish demands? It looks desperate.

Why make foolish claims that make you look delusional?

You imply you have the answers, you are an expert and then later say you don't know or simply get upset and say others are rude and you wont be addressing their questions.

Talk about being foolish, I am a fool for asking, you are no different than any other saying they know something others don't, especially when its based on aliens.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've never seen any evidence Cooper was involved at all in the 'Mercury-9 UFO' story, except to deny it. But it appears widely around the 'net including supposedly reputably UFO productions such as 'Day Before Disclosure' with Richard Dolan.

Clark McClelland claims he revealed it, and perhaps he really did. The story WAS circulating pretty soon after the mission, Frank Edwards radio show had an elaborate version.

It's an unexplained mystery WHO really invented the story. Does everybody here have alibis?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Attention Please.

It's getting way to personal in this exchange and that needs to stop or more harsh actions may follow. Please debate the topic without bickering.

Thanks
Blaine91555

Do not reply to this post.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
edit on 9/9/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

(post by Uggielicious removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19794899]...
I decline to respond to this sort of thing.

Thank you.

Instead, would you please clarify your assessment of the story describing Cooper's UFO encounter on Mercury-9, which is directly within the scope of what is in dispute on this thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I made my points quite clearly. I took you to task, but you always just pretend it didn't happen. Then you start all over again and just keep going. The more noise, the less signal gets through. I understand.

But no one pays me for my time here, so I can only spend a limited amount of time posting and responding.
I can never keep up with people like you.

I have no interesting in repeating myself like you are doing. And you admit you have pursued this same question since 1985.
Wow, that's thirty years. Of the same point. I'll leave you to it.

My words matter enough that I only have to say them once.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
My words matter enough that I only have to say them once.
You're referring to this post where you said you believe Gordon Cooper completely about his 1963 Mercury-9 UFO encounter?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Assessing this story's credibility would be facilitated by you [or anyone] explaining on what basis you found it worthy of belief.

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: [post=19794899]...
I decline to respond to this sort of thing.

Thank you.

Instead, would you please clarify your assessment of the story describing Cooper's UFO encounter on Mercury-9, which is directly within the scope of what is in dispute on this thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just to repeat the three independent in-depth investigations of Cooper's role in the Edwards story, and all agree it was zero.

The Edwards AFB Case & Astronaut Gordon Cooper By Brad Sparks
www.nicap.org...

James McDonald, 1968 House Science & Astronautics UFO Symposium testimony ( Case 41, pp. 75, 85).
files.ncas.org...

James Oberg 1984 report –
www.zipworld.com.au...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'll have some results to report shortly that ought to pretty well establish that the quotation used to promote CEIIIK is fictitious -- as Cooper had always claimed. But it's still treated as authentic on UFO websites.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join