It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Wayne Dyer, Self Help Guru who Taught a superating Path within Science & Spirituality.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: starborn
a reply to: Annee

To exploit spiritual truth for personal gain is folly, but then those who prey on others will reap what they have sown.

That's BS.

We live in a monetary world - - not a spiritual one. He had 8 kids. How would you suggest he feed them?

Idealism is a nice word - - not much else.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

RIP to him.

He is wrong about one thing or two...

You can actually control what is outside with your mind.

Our evil "system" obviously wants everyone to think we cannot (to keep it in power), but we can....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Can you control 'your' mind? Can you even know what 'your' next thought will be before it arrives?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I shall look him up, sounds up my alley

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: johndeere2020

Can you control 'your' mind? Can you even know what 'your' next thought will be before it arrives?

Perception of the future is an entirely different matter. And yes it could include one's thoughts. I could sometimes do it but it's nothing remarkable.

I didn't say you can control everything because if you can, you'd be a god. So far, I could only make two people fight purely by eye contact and by projecting my own emotions, like rage for example. But I don't do it for fun, but to make two bad people hurt each other. It's for justice.

I'm expanding my capabilities and trying to do more. No occult involved.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No it's not bs, it's only bs to you. And that's ok you can believe what you like, you have free will, but it doesn't change the truth. If you need money for whatever reason, go get a job. But those who exploit spirituality for material gain will pay the price, whether you believe this to be true or not.

"Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s." Someday I hope you will develop enough spiritually to understand this.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No it's not bs, it's only bs to you. And that's ok you can believe what you like, you have free will, but it doesn't change the truth. If you need money for whatever reason, go get a job. But those who exploit spirituality for material gain will pay the price, whether you believe this to be true or not.

"Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s." Someday I hope you will develop enough spiritually to understand this.

I don't think he was exploiting people. His books and audio books are mostly available for free at the local library.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

YOUR belief. Feel free not to charge or pay for whatever you deem Spiritual Guidance.

Me? I say: "Feed your Children. Provide them with a good education." That's what work is for. If your work is writing books, even self help books, good for you. It's your money.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That's not what I'm saying at all. I never said anything about him charging for books, CDs, DVDs, etc... as those involve printing/production costs and anyone is entitled to recoup the costs of same.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

That's not what I'm saying at all. I never said anything about him charging for books, CDs, DVDs, etc... as those involve printing/production costs and anyone is entitled to recoup the costs of same.

OH sorry then. I totally misread your post. Please accept my appologies.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
One final thing I'd like to add, today many people think you can charge others for everything and anything, nothing is sacred to these individuals except usually money and often, truth be told (pun intended
), underneath it all - money is their god.

So you should to be careful when choosing a spiritual teacher or you may get a wolf in sheeps clothing and be taught half truths or even outright lies that could be more harmful than good for your spiritual growth. After all, how good can their teachings really be when deep down they're only in it for the money?

One way to help from being taken advantage of is to look at what they charge for their products and services, do they seem fair and resonable in cost? Often, if they do charge a fair price for their books, CDs, etc... (usually very low compared to other so-called spiritual teachers) this will 'usually' indicate they are not being driven by their ego and lust for money and fame - all of which are anti-spiritual.

Can you imagine Christ charging everyone 50 shekels (100 shekels for a better seat) each to hear the sermon on the mount? Or Buddah charging others money to hear his teachings? No, it's just plain anti-spiritual to charge anyone money to teach them the truth through word of mouth. Doesn't matter if you have children to raise or other bills to pay. That's no excuse to exploit others by charging them for what should, and is meant to be, completely free for all mankind.

A true spiritual teacher, those who have incarnated to this planet to genuinely help others to develop spiritually, would not charge others to hear them teach spiritual topics, and certainly not $100 (or more) as Wayne Dyer did during his lectures.

edit on 3-9-2015 by starborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
No disrespect to the dead, but I honestly couldn't stand the guy.

He never struck me as being anything other than an incredibly pompous, pretentious, arrogant, incredibly smug and over confident, holier than thou bastard of a man. Despite all of his supposed enlightenment, his views of life and of people were exceedingly narrow minded.

As far as I know, he remained to the very end consistently incapable of discerning shades of gray.

His dramatically over simplified solutions for life's problems were outright laughable, dimwitted, and wholly indicative of the glaringly obvious fact that this man didn't have a CLUE what it's like to experience an ordinary human existence.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AzerothTraveler

His dramatically over simplified solutions for life's problems were outright laughable, dimwitted, and wholly indicative of the glaringly obvious fact that this man didn't have a CLUE what it's like to experience an ordinary human existence.

Ever heard of Norman Vincent Peale? Power of Positive Thinking.

You do know Wayne was raised in an orphanage, right? That probably qualifies as an ordinary human existence.
edit on 4-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join