It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling experts in OOBE! Did I have one? (short read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Safe to say im probably the hundredth person to ask this...

Here are some quick facts to inform:

Im am a lucid dreamer and in-tune with my dream states and I had one experience much different than any type of dream and here it is.

I think it was an OOBE because:

-I felt my lower and upper body are stretching to separation.
-I could see my own body
-It lasted for 15 seconds or much shorter than any dream
-The conditions were different than when dreaming (it was about 8pm and i never sleep until past midnight, I just just drained that day and needed rest)
-I was lying on my back and its near impossible for me to fall asleep on my back as im a side sleeper
-The event shocked me
-I could feel my body touching the bed while standing next to my bed

Heres what happened, I was lying on my back and turned off the TV to get a few minuets of eye shut because I was drained (only stimuli in room was a dim light), when In a half conscious state I felt my body stretch/separate (maybe these were vibrations?)

I opened my eyes to see my point of view was 3 feet above my body so at this point I was calm and expected I was having an OOBE (ive read and heard about them in the past). I also was not intending to have one.

I do not remember myself "floating" next to my bed. I Blacked out when I was stretching out of my body.

I was standing next to my bed but could still feel the pressure of my back on the bed/pillows!?! I was watching myself sleep and my room was detailed to perfection and not fuzzy like a dream. After that all i remember is sitting up in my bed going time for ATS, Didnt remember snapping back into my body.

Was this a Dream or possible OOBE?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Was it your physical mind counting seconds and collecting facts or was it the dream state making this shizz up?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

For sure you had an OBE. You described my first experience to the T. Trippy.

So to start you were laying on your back. This helps to OBE because both sides of your brain have same amount of blood flow. When your on your side, one of the hemispheres of your brain has more blood in it. So both hemispheres were synched equally on your back.

Pretty much all of my OBE's are on my back.

It's crazy how you describe stretching out of your body. The same thing happened to me first time. I was on my back, trying to astral project, and I sat up in my body and felt myself stretching off the end of the bed. I saw my body and my room exactly how it was in real life as well.

It also only lasted about 15 seconds because, well, its kinda scary the first time you do it.

Now that you have the feeling and experience of stretching out of your body, returning, and being completely physically ok, you know that its real, and that your not dying. haha

It just gets easier from here my friend. If your already experienced lucid dreamer that makes things much easier to have longer projections. It makes it much less scary when you do make it out, and you already know how to navigate those realms. You will find that OBE's, Lucid dreams, and regular dreams all take place in very similar realms. Sometimes things are exactly as they are in real life, sometimes you project into another reality completely. After 12 years, I'm still figuring things out myself.

Here's a tip, when you make it out again, if your find yourself loosing consciousness, stand on the ground, and imagine breathing in energy. Take a couple really deep breaths and allow yourself to center your consciousness again. You will be able to spend much more time out of body.

Another tip, when you find yourself back in your body, don't move your body at all. imagine floating out of it again. You will have another OBE. You can pretty much have have OBE's back to back to back to back until you feel like waking up.

Good luck, congratulations and don't worry about people telling you something bad will happen, It won't. You are the immortal infinite God of your own consciousness, enjoy!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

WOW! awesome,

Very relieving to hear that an experienced person as your self had a similar event like I did!

Thanks for the tips and ill remember them,

Im very good at realizing when Im dreaming and maintaining a long lucid dream. Also good at not waking up so hopefully this will help with an OOBE.

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

no problem. glad to help.

I'm really stoked to see all these people having OBE's. I'm starting to think 2012 really was the beginning of a spiritual awaking. It's crazy how many people are posting threads like this these days. I even have real life friends talking about it! that never happens

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Never had one and not much on dream recall, but neat post.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

no problem. glad to help.

I'm really stoked to see all these people having OBE's. I'm starting to think 2012 really was the beginning of a spiritual awaking. It's crazy how many people are posting threads like this these days. I even have real life friends talking about it! that never happens

Same here, it's really happening ain't it..

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This was a dream, I don't even feel it was a lucid dream it did not sound like you were in very much control more just experiencing it...

you say you are a lucid dreamer...

Set something close by your bedside or several things take careful note of them and their position a clock is a good thing to have here also for reference...

When you are in a lucid state instead of controlling your dream open your eyes don't tell yourself to wake up though...

once you begin to master this and you can take note of the items by your bedside without truly being awake and see the items set up specifically you will be ready to attempt separation...

If you like to fly in your dreams, when you learn to detach...
try going straight up until you leave the atmosphere, now that's worth all the effort you will put into learning how...
Good luck!
edit on 31-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ..,

edit on 31-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Carlos castaneda describes also the stretching sensation of limbs, the man was a liar and thief, but he had some interesting insight on the matter,

This happened to me when i was younger, i woke up, saw myself floating above my bed, but i had the perspective of both,
then i shifted outside my window and i saw myself and the one floating above me and they both looked at me (when i was outside the window)
so i got three different perspectives all observing one another, at the same time, this lasted about 10 seconds.

Also, have you heard about the effect, when someone is under alot of stress, they develop "outside perspectives" or the mysterious stranger effect, astronauts can sometimes experience this, or submarine crew.

I hope this sparks a thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It's in your head.

But I'm no expert so, you shouldn't listen to me.
edit on 31-8-2015 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I know you talk about OBE and what follows is about lucid dreaming but it helps both.

Start to do reality checks now and then by poking a finger into the open hand just so you make sure you are not dreaming. It sounds rediculous but if you do it often to the way you do it unconciously, you may do it in a dream and thus verify if you are dreaming or not. This helped me controlling my dreams. My wife could make up a story just before going to sleep and she could dream whatever she wanted. For me this was not the case but it helped me. The first time the finger went through I woke up instantly but it helped me.
Give it a try.

I´m not eny to her as she had sleep paralysis two times
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ive had a few OBE's. Like you my first was scary. But I was actively trying for it. So I finally got what I wanted, then I got scared when I realized it worked and was back in my body instantly. Then I tried again that night with no luck.
I searched youtube for some guided OBE's with binaural beats to assist. After a week of minor success I got what I wanted again. Told myself to keep calm and went on my way.
I posted about it. I was unable to turn my body around to go up the stairs in my house. So I flew backwards up them and to my front door. Because it was so new to me, I was floating, but didn't realize I could go through walls or other obstacles. When I got to my front door I remember opening it up, looking outside and everything was white outside. Like snow or a scene from Silent Hill. I went down my front steps, into my yard and was instantly zapped back into my house. I went outside again, then I was zapped back into my body.
Im pretty sure it was my body waking up that led to me being pulled back into the house, then back to my body.
Either way, it was a great first couple attempts.
Since then, things have progressed exponentially. Ive learnt there are no rules over there, walls don't matter, heck not even the ground does.
Which brings me to a question for any seasoned OBE'rs, Have you ever went into the ground before? And if so what did you see?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

A good reality time check it time! If you are dreaming the clock will never stay the same, but is time true when having an OBE?

Id bet so.

Appreciate the insight

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A good idea but then you need to have a watch or clock around. On the other side, your hands are always with you. If not, you should know you are dreaming anyways

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The thing is are when Im dreaming I think its reality, so I wont remember to poke my hand.

The only way the poking thing will work is if I do once ever hour of the day to train myself to do it in the dream/OBE state!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The only way the poking thing will work is if I do once ever hour of the day to train myself to do it in the dream/OBE state!

That´s what I said.

Start to do reality checks now and then by poking a finger into the open hand just so you make sure you are not dreaming. It sounds rediculous but if you do it often, to the way you do it unconciously, you may do it in a dream and thus verify if you are dreaming or not.

Well not exactly, I added a ","

Addition:
Another good tip for you, stay busy when in OBE. Always think what to do next or you will loose focus. That´s what I´ve been told and it´s true for me. Where there any sounds like the THX sound?

I´ll dig up a thread, you might want to read that. Give me a moment please.

Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Oops looked like I jumped the gun, my apologies.

Cant recall any noises I dont think There were any just complete silence.

Yes I find keeping myself busy while lucid dreaming will extend the event.

Great tip!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Not only while lucid dreaming, I only had two OOBE and both were not induced consciously. The second time I was able to hold it much longer with that "technique" but somehow could not see out the windows and while I marveled about that why that is, I snapped back. Those were definitly not lucid or vivid dreams, this felt real. On both times I "woke in" and could not move my head to the bed, like something was preventing me to do so. And on both events I was lying on my back, that is unusual for me to go to sleep like that but sometimes if happens. I´m a sidesleeper. So I´m not an "expert" on that either.

And I have to say the first OOBE was the second or third day in the new waterbed. There is a heating element about 30x40cms. This heating element is nothing more than a resistance wire coiled like a quadratic spiral. This thing makes some noise sometimes when you put your ear on the bed and it´s really silent. The water should shield me against that but what I wanted to say is that it´s humming like a binaural beat. Definitly slower than 50Hz(europe). I also went down that road and asked around on waterbed forums but no one had any OOBE to tell.

I noticed when I wake up in the early morning hours, leave the bed and then go to sleep about half an hour later again, lucid dreams are very common to happen and they are very vivid. Of course that´s only possible during the weekend, or when I´m on vacation.

And another thing I noticed because we are talking about sleeping. The human sleeping cycle is rougly 90 minutes. If you plan your bedtime in a way that you get full 90 minute cycles and wake up at the end of that cycle in the morning, you are much more fitter then if you´d wake up in the middle of your REM phase. Of course this takes some planing, including a good estimate how long you need to fall asleep when you´re finally in bed.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Lucky you.

This is weird as I just told my wife last night that when I was through meditating, I leaned back in my chair and it felt just like my bottom half was stretching away from the top. I've never experienced or heard of this, before then...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

So your upper body was Donald Trump. And your lower body was Hillary Clinton? Interesting. I have had that experience myself. I don't know if it is OOBE or park boredom.
edit on 2-8-2016 by kmartwalker089 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join