It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassandra's Curse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The real question isn't; "Why aren't the Democrats speaking out against this insanity," because they have been! Over and over and over again. The problem is that their warnings have been falling on deaf ears.

The real question is; "Why don't the Republicans have the eyes to see this for themselves?" Much less, the ears to hear the constant objections being voiced by Democrats?

If I didn't know better, I'd say they're living in a bubble or under an impenetrable dome where fear & hatred rule the day, history is re-written, science is rejected, empathy is not allowed and the belief in self exceptionalism is epidemic.

You tell me just what Democrats or Progressives can do to penetrate this wall of willful ignorance and we'll do it! I promise!

Just don't say that we're not speaking up against the insanity. Hell, truth be told, we're the only ones speaking up.

Why aren't the sensible Republicans speaking out? Or, are there even any sensible Republicans left?

That's the real question.

edit on 31-8-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

1) I posit that you aren't hearing anything from the Democrat candidates because they know its all BS rhetoric to play to the party base.
2) Yea this campaign gives me the creeps as well. But it doesn't cause so much "fear" in me as it does a profound sense of disgust and depression. It is the most depressing campaign for the White House I've ever seen.

I can't ......watch it and I want absolutely no part of it.

And, know one thing. Whoever is appointed to the job........nothing will change. It never does and when it does change, its almost always for the worst. I fully expect that one of the "changes" we'll see is a total collapse of the stock market and a second "Great Recession" if not "Greater Depression". None of this can end well.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But it isn't Obama who ruined the country. Or Bush. it was you, the voter. Congratulations
I think you are partially correct.

The issue (and frustration) for me is.... who is there to vote for? Leaving the Trump side-show out of the equation, despite the rhetoric coming out of their faces, I can't envision anyone that is running actually doing anything different or in any way changing our current course. So, I blame the voters in a historic sense for letting us get here, but now, as Killary said, "At this point, what difference does it make?"

new topics

<< 1   >>

join