It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energetic Vampirism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Beautiful forest trails run circumnavigous throughout parks near my home. They forge through meadows and across rivers, alongside gorges and past ravines.

They snake up and down undulating terrain rife with emerald-green foliage and thick-ancient trees. They slither along a wide stream whose clear water runs flush with darting minnows.

That park is beautiful place to walk, to run, to wade, to swim--and always to relax.

But invariably I'll find things spoiling the view.

Often I'll find someone left the branches of a shrub littered with old candy wrappers. Sometimes I stumble across the remnants left by someone who used a proud tree as a holster for his empty latte cup.

And inevitably I'll find refuse scattered upon the very ground surrounding the copious number of trash cans freely available for all--where the people guilty of creating that mess obviously made a halfhearted attempt at discarding waste only to give up after missing the container.

Regardless what I find littering the ground or despoiling the scenery along my walks, I pick it up and take it to the nearest trash can. The only thing I won't touch are cigarette butts and discarded band-aids. And that collection I perform for a very simple reason:

We all have joint custody of this planet. Ergo we all have a responsibility towards keeping it clean as possible.

So the candy wrappers I collect in my pockets. The latte cup I carry in my hand. The garbage surrounding the trash receptacles I dutifully pick up.

And the park I always work towards leaving prettier than before I arrived.

Am I a saint for doing that? Of course not.

Am I anything special? Not really, no.

What I am is concerned about my world and my environment. So what I try to do is put my time and energy into helping do one small part towards beautifying this world.

And through my days, weeks, months, years of performing that small role in helping keep our planet pretty, I reflected deep on the actual metaphysics behind those actions.

I contemplated the roles of all actors in that equation.

And what I realized was alarming.

The people leaving that garbage in the park are probably decent human beings in aggregate. They're probably fairly responsible in most things, and essentially good towards their family and friends.

But the second they acted in favor of laziness rather than cleaning up behind themselves, they became something else. They devolved into a form they probably never considered or intended:

They became energetic vampires.

By making a mess than leaving it for someone else, they did something worse than make their world an uglier place. They performed an inevitable act of vampirism upon another human being--because instead of cleaning up their own mess, they ensured someone else would need devote time and energy towards straightening up that rubbish they left behind.

They made another stranger put forth the effort towards fixing the problem they caused. They forced another unrelated party into taking on the burden of that thoughtless act.

So littering is really more than an act of carelessness. It's an act of theft.

You're stealing biological resources from the person who cleans up that mess--for that person then needs devote mental and physical attention towards rectifying that problem.

That's energetic vampirism. And those bloodsucking acts extend further than leaving garbage on the streets or in the park. They happen all the time:

Have you ever worked on a project with someone who constantly slacked and made others support the brunt of their carelessness?

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who constantly made you foot all the bills and handle all the problems?

Have you ever had a roommate who constantly left dishes in the sink or stuff laying around the house?

All of these are acts of energetic vampirism. And all of these things are traits we should search out and eliminate in ourselves.

Take a few minutes and think about your own actions. Really analyze yourself in detail.

Have you ever been guilty or sloughing your work off on another? Have you ever foisted off unwanted responsibilities on a friend, a family member, or perhaps a complete stranger?

Vampires are real, and at some point we've all acted that part--because we've all grown lazy in our efforts and forced another to compensate for our failings.

But once you become aware of the problem--once you grow cognizant that every act of laziness and sloth is really a theft stealing the time and energy of another--the burden falls unto you to change.

Do everything in your power to cease being an energetic vampire. Do everything within reason to carry your own weight and support your own burdens through life.

And please--if you find yourself with a ton of extra energy from a huge dose of caffeine--use some of it to carry your empty cup another mile or two until you find a trash can.

We're all sharing this pretty garden planet together. We all have joint custody of this world in common.

And nothing in our lease agreement gives us a right to leave our property littered with filth.

edit on 30-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

that's not an energetic vampirism. not even close. if you haven't encountered a true energetic vampire in your life, don't use the term for something else which is - in this case - just pure lazyness and stupidity.

as for the solution, sit there. watch those that create such mess. gather it all, follow them and throw it all inside their car, on their lawn or just right in their face. they won't do it again.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

that's not an energetic vampirism. not even close. if you haven't encountered a true energetic vampire in your life, don't use the term for something else which is - in this case - just pure lazyness and stupidity.

Sure it is. Anybody that acts towards siphoning energy from others in any fashion is engaged in energetic vampirism.

While you might be more familiar with extreme examples of those kinds of people (and I'm sorry if you know people like that), that doesn't change the fact that even something slight as leaving a mess for someone else to clean is siphoning time and energy from that person.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

i disagree. you have a choice, you don't have to clean up their mess.

and second thing, your energy doesn't flow directly to them if you decide to do so - they may save some energy by being lazy, but again - that's not your energy.

energetic vampirism suggests a direct flow of energy between the victim and the vampire, usually against victim's will - unless you're strong enough to protect yourself.

this isn't energetic vampirism. this is being an asshole.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I thought this thread would be cool because it was about energy vampires. Imagine my disappointment to find it is about littering.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah opening the thread and reading the incorrect information sucked the energy I had left in me for the evening.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Litterbugs suck. When I was a child that was a bad thing to be and everyone was called out on it. In my mid to late twenties I had a good length of road to walk in order to get to town. On the edge of the road is a nice bit of nature. I took it upon myself to clean up all bits of garbage and even cigarette butts. I went into town and picked up cigarette butts left around there too. I really just felt like I was doing it for nature spirits and never felt drained of any energy.
I've long since stopped this business, but thanks for bringing to light the importance of nature.
Maybe if I do this stuff again, in place of the trash I can offer certain stones that nature elementals might like.
I came to this thread expecting to learn about psychic vampirism and instead am excited now about nature.
Taking care of and respecting the earth is all of our responsibility but not everyone is sensitive enough to fully appreciate it.
If you feel called to pick up trash and tend to the earth, just remember the gifts nature gives us. You know like acorns and pinecones.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ugh...I agree.

This thread is energetic vampirism...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thanks for all the positivity!

I still think it's a good lesson though. Maybe some of you will understand it better with time.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Certainly they are not energetic vampires, they are simply irresponsible people.

Apart form the fact that others will have to clean the mess left behind, there is a very important part left out of your story

besides a polluted environment (which is disturbing to some people) al that plastic garbage leads to suffering and ultimately death of animals.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow you put it in a heavy way.
and I mostly agree.
it is very sadning and soul destroying for Me!

two times a week I take a bin bag when I walk my dog.
when I started it was 4 or 5 big bags a week.
I had to clear the path of follen trees and plants.

now I have a beautiful walk.
untill I fing all kinds of dump't stuff.
bags of trash. why?
people have the bins out the frount of the house.
so why not put it in that! even some ones elses bin.

I stopt 3 immigrants who had built a big
fire to burn the wooded area down.
me and the dog cheast them off.
then I put the fire out ! why !
I fine'd kits smashing and cutting trees down for fun! all the time.

it makes me sick how evil people are.
do they have no soul?
no woulder the world is in such a mess and dieing.
humans dont deserve the earth or the life they have.

no wonder I and people suffer from depression.
95% of the poeple dont care.

edit on 1-9-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
The people leaving that garbage in the park are probably decent human beings in aggregate. They're probably fairly responsible in most things, and essentially good towards their family and friends.

But bad and evil and unjust towards anyone else.

These are same people who intentionally leave drift marks on the street, throw out stuff from their cars, and cut people off in the traffic.

Anywhere else, they will lay the blame on someone else if it is their fault.

Just bide your time and don't feel anything about it. Those people and our own emotions are our biggest enemies.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Have you ever had a roommate who constantly left dishes in the sink or stuff laying around the house?

How about peeing all over the bathroom floor and not flushing the toilet, and his phone beeping in max volume all the time?

Fortunately, karma got the better of him soon enough. he got beaten up by someone he challenged to a fight, his A/C malfunctioned when I moved out and his other flat mate started to hate him too. I did not have to utter a single word.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You might want to know about Singapore, $5000 littering fine - you should see their streets, almost immaculate.
edit on 2-9-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join