It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Israeli Soldier Trying to Arrest Boy, 11, Go Viral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: yuppa

No propaganda. Israel acknowledged the incident. Btw, what do you think of this article? OR the photo I posted in my above comment....? Is that propaganda too? Come now...smarten up.

'Brian Eno on the Israel-Gaza crisis: How can you justify images such as this?'

www.independent.co.uk...

You throw a rock with the intent to cause harm, its justifiable if you get shot or arrested for it. Its assault with a deadly weapon. remember rocks can be weapons if you are skilled enough with them. ANd since th e IDF admited the video was real"this time" in "this incident" Does not mean its not being used for Propaganda purposes,it just means it was not Staged this time.

Also its none of our business remember? LEts let th eIsraelis deal with it and if the US stops funding them you will se much much worse. SO whats better th eUS funding them and keeping them on a leash or not and letting loose th e hounds?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: yuppa

Apparently they tried to maim or kill a soldier with rocks. SO their response was justified. the end.

Nice of you to go from "Staged" to the boy deserved it in a blink of an eye...

If an 11 year old boy with one arm in a sling is the single greatest mortal threat to that IDF soldier, then he has no business carrying a gun or being any military organization.

If youre man enough to assault someone with a possible deadly weapon and you have one hand broken makes no diffrence you still tried to injure them and as such deserve no quarter or mercy from retribution or arrest.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Also its none of our business remember? LEts let th eIsraelis deal with it and if the US stops funding them you will se much much worse. SO whats better th eUS funding them and keeping them on a leash or not and letting loose th e hounds?

I think you misapprehend who occupies which end of the leash.

(post by alienmma removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
KEEP TO THE TOPIC WHICH IS NOT EACH OTHER!

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Stevie Wonder summed it up nicely in his lyrics to HIGHER GROUND

"People keep on learnin'
Soldiers keep on warrin'
World keep on turnin'
'Cause it won't be too long"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19758581]Indigo5[/post

In Viet Nam (and other places) they used to strap grenades to cute little children and have them run up and hug G.I.s.

War is Hell.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think both the Israeli government and the Palestinian governments should be overthrown and the whole area should be occupied by the UN until the dust settles.

The land is redistributed to its original borders , families are reunited and peace maintained by the international community and Israel and Palestine of old is gone but not forgotten.

They obviously cant play nice together so they need to be babied and they need a sitter.

The west and its allies have invaded countries for less under false claims of humanitarian abuses , so why when there are blatant abuses of human rights we do nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Just hope another heavy clashes wont happen there. Poor people, occupied by criminals.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

What a disgusting pussy!
Manhandling women and children.

Smoke bombed them at the end as well because his balaclava had been pulled off.
Coward.

** poof ** Failed wannabe Ninja attempt to vanish...
Just kidding.

I've seen better smoke bombs at the fireworks store...

WTH is the purpose of that little puff of smoke in combat anyway? I'm not a soldier or anything, so have no idea. But doesn't look very effective for 'cover'...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Anyone consider maybe this was staged?

Sorry, I don't believe this was real.

Nothing personal...Just surprised you haven't read ANY of the thread???? Like the post immediately preceding yours on the last page?

IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) and the Israeli Government have already discussed and acknowledged the video is REAL.

I don't always read threads - especially when the OP is based on a video.
Reading every response usually gets you little more than a headache.
I don't have a dog in this fight, Israel is usually the aggressor.
Once again I've learned to stay out of Israel /Palestine threads.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: [post=19758581]Indigo5[/post

In Viet Nam (and other places) they used to strap grenades to cute little children and have them run up and hug G.I.s.

War is Hell.

Correct...that is why here in the USA we train our police to pre-emptively shoot children first when riots break out. It is the safest strategy.

This thread has devolved into a competition to see who can abuse logic the most to justify the insanity of the imagery.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

What a disgusting pussy!
Manhandling women and children.

Smoke bombed them at the end as well because his balaclava had been pulled off.
Coward.

** poof ** Failed wannabe Ninja attempt to vanish...
Just kidding.

I've seen better smoke bombs at the fireworks store...

WTH is the purpose of that little puff of smoke in combat anyway? I'm not a soldier or anything, so have no idea. But doesn't look very effective for 'cover'...

Tear Gas...Not Smoke Grenade for cover..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Anyone consider maybe this was staged?

Sorry, I don't believe this was real.

Nothing personal...Just surprised you haven't read ANY of the thread???? Like the post immediately preceding yours on the last page?

IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) and the Israeli Government have already discussed and acknowledged the video is REAL.

I don't have a dog in this fight

That is because your dog is trapped between the cushions in the backseat of your car!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh look is that girl who out of all the girls living in Palestine, keeps on showing up on lots of videos and photos. A bit strange isn't?

edit on 1-9-2015 by challenjerry because: Added image of popular Pallywood star

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: challenjerry
Oh look is that girl who out of all the girls living in Palestine, keeps on showing up on lots of videos and photos. A bit strange isn't?

Not really when you consider her Father has become an activist documentarian, A declared pacifist trading stones for a camera in hopes the world can see for itself the reality of it and judge for themselves what is going on.

In that context, the soldier targeting his son for arrest makes more sense.

They arrested the father multiple times before, he once spent three years in detention without charges until the United Nations and Amnesty International pressured the Israeli's to release him.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: challenjerry

Again...her father is a pacifist documentarian...

What confuses you here?

Is the plan to forbid grass roots documentarians? No camera's?

Amnesty International, the United Nations and Amnesty International have endorsed the fathers pacifist activism and come to his defense over the years.

I don't get this logic...Discrediting people for documenting and filming the conflict.

It seems very Tyrannical in it's logic, like when the Iranian government went around beating protestors and smashing cameras and phones during the Arab Spring protests.

How is filming and taking pictures bad?

Amnesty International calls for release of Bassem Tamimi, prisoner of conscience
972mag.com...

European Union Expresses Concern Over Persecution of Bassem Tamimi
The European Union expressed its concern last Tuesday that Palestinian “human rights defenders continue to be detained for their non violent protests”, specifically mentioning the case of West Bank protest organizer, Bassem Tamimi.
popularstruggle.org...

www.hrw.org...
(Jerusalem) – An Israeli military court’s conviction on May 20, 2012, of a Palestinian activist, Bassem Tamimi, of leading illegal demonstrations violates his right to freedom of assembly, while its conviction of him on a second charge of urging children to throw stones on the basis of a child’s coercively-obtained statement raises serious concerns about the fairness of his trial, Human Rights Watch said today. The court sentenced Tamimi on May 29 to 13 months in prison, which he has already served, as well as a 17-month suspended sentence.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Passive on camera but off camera not. Its hilarious th egreatest PAlestinian of all said with his own mouth that this is all a land grab and that the"modern palestinian" was a propaganda lie thught up with the K GB and the PLO to get back at th e US by screwing with a ally.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Passive on camera but off camera not. Its hilarious th egreatest PAlestinian of all said with his own mouth that this is all a land grab and that the"modern palestinian" was a propaganda lie thught up with the K GB and the PLO to get back at th e US by screwing with a ally.

It is difficult to read your posts with dysfunctional space-bar?

From what I discern you are claiming that the Palestinians neither live there or lived there in the past.

Not sure where to go with that kind of propaganda.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join