It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Israeli Soldier Trying to Arrest Boy, 11, Go Viral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Anyone consider maybe this was staged?
A lone IDF soldier with a gun and no extra magazines, no other gear at all not even a canteen wants to arrest an 11 year old boy? For what?
What kind of head gear was he wearing and why hide his identity?
No markings on his uniform either.
Why did the girls/women have gas masks?
Notice another person with a video camera entered the shot later.

Sorry, I don't believe this was real.
The Israelis do horrible things including genocide against Palestinians but I don't think this was one of them.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Whats funny is it looks too good to be true. It would not be the first time they have staged a video. Buster come on man. that looks staged to me. What about the Palestinians who send out kids to throw rocks and record it? They get arrested and the recorder claims it was un warranted.

Soldier should had just ignored it IF ITS REAL AND NOT STAGED.. Usually one soldier wont tyr to arrest someone when he is out numbered and has no back up especially in Israel.

NIce propoganda y a got there OP though.(and yes i know the Israelis have set up like this vid too so dont even go there)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Whats funny is it looks too good to be true. It would not be the first time they have staged a video. Buster come on man. that looks staged to me. What about the Palestinians who send out kids to throw rocks and record it? They get arrested and the recorder claims it was un warranted.

It wouldn't hurt for you and Asktheanimals were to actually read the thread and check the links posted. As this link shows the IDF said his actions were justified so no it wasn't staged. Footage shows Israeli soldier aggressively handling boy this was posted by Indigo5 btw. The family that recorded this records all the demonstrations they go to.

Soldier should had just ignored it IF ITS REAL AND NOT STAGED.. Usually one soldier wont tyr to arrest someone when he is out numbered and has no back up especially in Israel.

More than likely he caught the kid by himself and then the kids family showed up. It's not unusual for a member of the IDF to try and snatch a kid when they are by themselves.

NIce propoganda y a got there OP though.(and yes i know the Israelis have set up like this vid too so dont even go there)

So truth is propaganda only in the eyes of an Israeli supporter.
edit on 6760000001831America/ChicagoMon, 31 Aug 2015 10:14:18 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

It wouldn't hurt for you and Asktheanimals were to actually read the thread and check the links posted. As this link shows the IDF said his actions were justified so no it wasn't staged. Footage shows Israeli soldier aggressively handling boy this was posted by Indigo5 btw. The family that recorded this records all the demonstrations they go to.

More than likely he caught the kid by himself and then the kids family showed up. It's not unusual for a member of the IDF to try and snatch a kid when they are by themselves.

So truth is propaganda only in the eyes of an Israeli supporter.

Apparently they tried to maim or kill a soldier with rocks. SO their response was justified. the end.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Send women and children into the fray and then say "Look how they attack our women and children!"

a reply to: 5StarOracle

That looked like a scene from a low budget movie... Always trying to paint a picture with the women and children...

Let's ear from actual Israel Minister of justice, Ayelet Shaked:

Tolerance toward terrorists ends today. A stone-thrower is a terrorist.

She said also:

What’s so horrifying about understanding that the entire Palestinian people is the enemy?

Justifying their destruction:

including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.

They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there.

source< br />
I don't see any "low budget movie scenes" or "poor propaganda". Only plain and simple truth about Israel intentions towards Palestinians.
edit on 31/8/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What a disgusting pussy!
Manhandling women and children.

Smoke bombed them at the end as well because his balaclava had been pulled off.
Coward.

Everyday my support for Hamas grows.

As-sealmu Alaykum Chuck- That is because the soldier will lose some overtime $$$ when "They" (IDF) portray ISIS troops later. Once the mask has been removed the extra $$$, probably for Christmas presents, is also removed, ergo going out w/a bang or flash-bang..

Ever wonder why the reported ISIS always has their faces and hands covered? To make it harder to figure out that ISIS actually stands for Israeli Special Investigations Service..

Neither one, neither 'actor', is what they claim to be.. a majority don't think what they think they think.

namaste

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
People seem to be desperately scrambling to find some more comfortable denial...some way to make this OK and acceptable...So you are right...that is an interesting and relevant part of the thread and a way of thinking that continues to drive the conflict there.

It's a consistent pattern and not at all incidental to the debate. The next stage is for the 'anti-Semite' card to be played against the IDF critics.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Now let's ear from Israel’s culture minister Miri Regev, what she thinks:

Palestinian protestors deserve death, soldiers should shoot unarmed women & children

Very loud and clear!

Israeli minister says IDF should have fired on unarmed Palestinian protesters for humiliating a soldier

"They" actually blame the victims:

edit on 31/8/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Actually, the most illuminating part of this thread is watching the 'blame the victim' machine kick in. It isn't even subtle any more, and will probably initiate its own undoing.

Actually, the most illuminating part of this thread is watching the 'blame the victim' machine still running even after Israel acknowledged the video.

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

That sounds... perfectly legitimate.
We see this kind of psychological warfare all the time - falsified videos released to make the Israelis look bad. Are we sure this is genuine?

You come off as very ignorant and biased. I personally do not choose sides and only care about the human element involved. In other words; if it were the Israelis being the ones oppressed and facing endless daily humiliation and violence, my feelings and talking points would remain the same and I would be voicing my thoughts to appeal to the hearts of others for the plight of Israelis.

I implore you to remove your bias, lose your animosity towards one side, and just view the matter as two of your siblings who you love deeply not getting along. I feel by doing so you may come to possess more empathy, compassion, and a fair-minded approach.

The problems in this world persist when there are minds such as yourself that suffer from cognitive dissonance due to ingrained biases. For some people, the truth is difficult to accept when the lies is all they want to hear...

I have been to Israel and seen a lot of good things, met a lot of good people, and had a grand ol' time. Unfortunately, I also witnessed much of what is spoken of in this link below by Brian Eno with my very own eyes. What he speaks about is a sad reality.

I was in Israel last year with Mary [a mutual friend]. Her sister works for UNRWA [the UN agency for Palestinian refugees] in Jerusalem. Showing us round were a Palestinian – Shadi, who is her sister’s husband and a professional guide – and Oren Jacobovitch, an Israeli Jew, an ex-major from the IDF [Israel Defence Forces] who left the service under a cloud for refusing to beat up Palestinians.

Between the two of them we got to see some harrowing things:

Palestinian houses hemmed in by wire mesh and boards to prevent settlers throwing # and piss and used sanitary towels at the inhabitants.

Palestinian kids on their way to school being beaten by Israeli kids with baseball bats to parental applause and laughter.

A whole village evicted and living in caves while three settler families moved on to their land.

An Israeli settlement on top of a hill diverting its sewage directly down on to Palestinian farmland below.

The Wall; the checkpoints… and all the endless daily humiliations. I kept thinking, “Do Americans really condone this? Do they really think this is OK? Or do they just not know about it?”

'Brian Eno on the Israel-Gaza crisis: How can you justify images such as this?'

When the musician Brian Eno saw a picture of a Palestinian man carrying the remains of his dead son in a plastic bag, he was moved to write a cri de coeur to his American friends, asking them to explain their country’s unconditional support for Israel.

www.independent.co.uk...

...so while the video may be genuine, it certainly looks like an ambush of a sort. Valuable propaganda.

How sad and disgusting that you view the situation in such an inhumane and sterile way as only "valuable propaganda". You lack empathy and compassion for an 11 year old child due to bias.

The photo below was taken many years ago. It captures the moment a Palestinian girl was being taken away by IDF soldiers (grown men) for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Please pay attention to the horror on her face and how frightened she was that she ended up pissing herself.

Pay attention to the expression on the IDF soldier's faces - *especially the one bear hugging her from behind.*

There have been many reports of psychological warfare perpetrated on young Palestinian boys and girls - cruel and unusual mind and emotional f'kry. There have been reports that they RAPE and BEAT some of these young girls at times.

This young girl understands the seriousness of what was coming....

Is this above photo "staged" by Palestinians for propaganda use or is it simply the cold hard truth?

Again: For some people, the truth is difficult to accept when the lies is all they want to hear...

I flipped your words (thought process) to reflect reality:

...so while the photo IS genuine, it certainly looks like an ambush of a sort. Valuable truth considering a picture paints a thousand words.

Without choosing sides: Stare at that photo of that young girl above until empathy arises within you. Then read that article in the link above by Brian Eno; then watch that video of the boy in the OP; then allow it all to marinate until the element of humanity enters your mindset.

Btw, is this propaganda too...?

Ethiopian-born IDF soldier whose beating at the hands of police set off violent clashes over the last few days in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv said on Monday that aggression wouldn’t provide a solution to discrimination and police brutality against the Ethiopian community.His comments came a day after a rally in Tel Aviv erupted into a chaotic street battle that left 65 people injured among both police and protesters, and led to 43 arrests. Police were set to remand 19 in custody on Monday

www.timesofisrael.com...

Don't run away now...
edit on 31-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Israel you are becoming exactly what you are fighting for. Israel needs to really think long and hard about persecution, since your own generations before you, endured the same kind and worse. You dont win a fight nor win over another countries population with hate.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No propaganda. Israel acknowledged the incident. Btw, what do you think of this article? OR the photo I posted in my above comment....? Is that propaganda too? Come now...smarten up.

'Brian Eno on the Israel-Gaza crisis: How can you justify images such as this?'

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Anyone consider maybe this was staged?

Sorry, I don't believe this was real.

Nothing personal...Just surprised you haven't read ANY of the thread???? Like the post immediately preceding yours on the last page?

IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) and the Israeli Government have already discussed and acknowledged the video is REAL.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Apparently they tried to maim or kill a soldier with rocks. SO their response was justified. the end.

Nice of you to go from "Staged" to the boy deserved it in a blink of an eye...

If an 11 year old boy with one arm in a sling is the single greatest mortal threat to that IDF soldier, then he has no business carrying a gun or being any military organization.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

Actually, the most illuminating part of this thread is watching the 'blame the victim' machine kick in. It isn't even subtle any more, and will probably initiate its own undoing.

Actually, the most illuminating part of this thread is watching the 'blame the victim' machine still running even after Israel acknowledged the video.

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Perhaps the day's activity roster wasn't clear on the subject.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
People seem to be desperately scrambling to find some more comfortable denial...some way to make this OK and acceptable...So you are right...that is an interesting and relevant part of the thread and a way of thinking that continues to drive the conflict there.

It's a consistent pattern and not at all incidental to the debate. The next stage is for the 'anti-Semite' card to be played against the IDF critics.

So apparently the reality of the visuals impacts even those that support Israel's actions...even their first instinct is to recoil and yell "staged".

When faced with the uncomfortable reality that this is real...run from the thread or snark that the child deserved it, then run...kind of like the IDF soldier popping off the tear gas grenade at the family when he walked away.

Easy to support a policy when bobbling heads spin for you on some pretend intellectual "news hour"...it's difficult to hold to those views when you can watch the reality of those policies.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

2 or 3 soldiers could have hauled the boy away before it degenerated into that scene.

I can now see why your karma rating is at 11 pts. How's life outside of ATS and social media...dating a lot?

I wanted to ignore your troll comment but I like F'n with degenerate minds as I freely sit outdoors on a pub patio; people watching on a very hot and humid sunny Monday. Also, I'm using your comment as a springboard to launch information for others to digest. Therefore, no need for you to take time out of your busy day to respond.

Though the real problem was trying to arrest the boy without assistance.

The really disgusting part is the fact they are trying to arrest a BOY - with a broken arm - accused of THROWING rocks. Let all three facts marinate for a moment until critical thought arises.

Rock throwing is attempted murder even if it's a child tossing the rock.

Q: How much of a threat against mighty Israel, and its geopolitical agenda, along with its sophisticated military might; does a boy hurling rocks create...?

According to human rights organizations: Approximately 1000 Palestinian CHILDREN are arrested, detained, and prosecuted in Israeli military court each year.

What an F'd up thing to do to children when weighed from the humanitarian angle.

According to human rights organizations: Approximately 10,000 Palestinian CHILDREN have been arrested and prosecuted since the year 2000 and placed in notorious Israel detention centres (jails) well known for their systematic ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian CHILDREN.

Those who condone cruel behaviour on social media that reflect a lack of humanity and intentionally try to foster animosity by typing ignorant comments due to their own ingrained bias usually do so because of their own lack of fulfillment in life.

If this had happened in the US with a cop at least a couple of people would have died.

Boy, you need to join Tinder or something...

edit on 31-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
They should be looking to Israel as a neighbor and mentor, instead they launch rockets at them. Then they wonder why Israeli soldiers arrest their children.

Are you having a psychotic episode? You monster!
Shows exactly why stories like this always come out. Think about why the opposite never happened as often. This among many others is a propaganda-less incident. Can you even make a response without needing to spin & distort it into Israel's bastardized David vs Goliath complex?
edit on 31-8-2015 by Arrestme because: more depth

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Israel you are becoming exactly what you are fighting for. Israel needs to really think long and hard about persecution, since your own generations before you, endured the same kind and worse. You dont win a fight nor win over another countries population with hate.

"The abused becomes the abuser"

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Dude you've gotta be kidding me. Really? Everything is a liberal conspiracy huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join