It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Israeli Soldier Trying to Arrest Boy, 11, Go Viral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
so...
A single IDF soldier, alone (do they operate alone?), on what looks like a rocky mountain, near no houses... attacking a small child with his arm in a cast, while his family are crowded around, and the whole lot caught on video.

That sounds... perfectly legitimate.
We see this kind of psychological warfare all the time - falsified videos released to make the Israelis look bad. Are we sure this is genuine?

[edit] DailyMail says:

"his attacker is said to be a prolific 'Pallywood star'.
...it is thought the young girl in the photographs is Ahed Tamimi, whose parents Bassem and Nariman - also pictured - are well-known Palestinian activists in their village of Nabi Saleh.

The teenager has appeared in a string of similar videos where she challenges Israeli security forces and rose to prominence after she was filmed confronting one who arrested her brother, which resulted in her being presented with a bravery award."

It does look, however, like the soldier is indeed an IDF soldier - and that two other youths were arrested on the same day for throwing rocks at an IDF patrol (which is their policy).

...so while the video may be genuine, it certainly looks like an ambush of a sort. Valuable propaganda.

edit on 30-8-2015 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

You think the 'real problem' was not having enough SOLDIERS to arrest a CHILD?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don’t think it was staged. It’s well known that Israel treats the Palestinians like subhuman creatures. As far as I’m concerned, the Israelis are the greatest terrorist threat in the region, if not the world. And Netenyahu is the ringleader. ISIS and Al Qaeda we can somewhat contain, while Netenyahu we can’t.

It kills me how we self-righteously preach human rights to other countries, while putting our full faith and support, as well as tax dollars, behind a thug like Netenyahu. One day this warmonger will lead us (the U.S.) into WWIII, while he hides as we fight his bloody battle.

Seems like I heard some lyrics somewhere before that went kinda like, “What a mixed up, shaken up, screwed up world...”. Ain’t that the truth...

edit on 8/30/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Rock throwing is attempted murder even if it's a child tossing the rock.

If the kid was even throwing rocks. The IDF is well known for snatching kids and throwing them into cages with no charges ever being placed against them. If the kid was throwing rocks it understandable the IDF stands by and does nothing while the settlers attack the Palestinians so what do people expect the Palestinians would do throw kisses?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

This is the modus operandi of the Palestinians ,is it not?

Send women and children into the fray and then say "Look how they attack our women and children!"

Hide weapons and missiles in schools and hospitals and then say "Look they attack our schools and hospitals!"

Maybe if the Palestinian leaders put more of the multiple millions in aid Palestine receives into their people instead of luxury cars, homes, condos and lining their own pockets the Palestinians could find their way.

Palestine needs to clear itself of it's Don King-esque leadership.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That looked like a scene from a low budget movie...

Always trying to paint a picture with the women and children...

I was waiting for one of the women to take the gun and kill the soldier or the soldier to kill everyone there...

then I remembered this is not a police officer in the USA...

In the end the soldier walks away...wtf?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ah yes, that awful, nasty soldier. Obviously attempting to arrest that boy for no reason. The worst part of the video was when he opened fire on those unarmed people. Oh, that's right, he didn't.

He was being beaten on by 5 people and still hardly even threw a punch, much less used anything resembling deadly force.

That innocent boy probably chucked a rock at him. But we all know that rocks thrown by young boys don't hurt, especially if they hit you in the face. Rocks in the face DON'T hurt, everyone knows that.

Look at a map, Israel is surrounded. They either have to have an aggressive defensive posture or they'll cease to exist.

These Palestinians could do a lot with their lives if they wanted to, they've chosen to lengthen this conflict to absurdity. Israel is one of the best governed societies in the middle east. Palestine is one of the worst. They should be looking to Israel as a neighbor and mentor, instead they launch rockets at them. Then they wonder why Israeli soldiers arrest their children.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I have one simple question - what are any of the dramatis persona in the vid actually trying to achieve ?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Where does this end?

Actually, the most illuminating part of this thread is watching the 'blame the victim' machine kick in. It isn't even subtle any more, and will probably initiate its own undoing.
edit on 31-8-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes, indeed

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

This is the modus operandi of the Palestinians ,is it not? Send women and children into the fray and then say "Look how they attack our women and children!"

They don't have to send them into the fray when seeing how their land is occupied they live in the fray. Besides Palestinians don't whine they attack our women and children near as much as Israel. Maybe if the Palestinians screamed as loud as Israel they too could get billions in free money and weapons from sugar daddy America.

Hide weapons and missiles in schools and hospitals and then say "Look they attack our schools and hospitals!"

Typical Israeli propaganda and like propaganda no proof to back it up.

Maybe if the Palestinian leaders put more of the multiple millions in aid Palestine receives into their people instead of luxury cars, homes, condos and lining their own pockets the Palestinians could find their way.

Why so Israel can do like usual and target them to be destroyed? Like they do with electric, water and sewer plants?

Palestine needs to clear itself of it's Don King-esque leadership.

And Israel needs to clear itself of it's Nazi leadership.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The IDF are cowards in uniform. They videoed themselves on rooftops sniping Palestinian kids and doing High Fives to each other after a successful shooting. They are sick!

But then again so are their Zionist leaders. Tel Aviv issued instructions to their IDF giving them permission to shoot and kill any Palestinian they want to kill. Basically they have a free reign to Murder!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24
so...

That sounds... perfectly legitimate.
We see this kind of psychological warfare all the time - falsified videos released to make the Israelis look bad. Are we sure this is genuine?

It is genuine. If you read the associated OP or news (apart from Daily Caller) ..The ISRAILI GOVERNMENT HAS REPEATEDLY CONFIRMED AND DISCUSSED THE VIDEO..

Now can someone explain to me why so many people on this thread have chosen to claim it was a hoaxed or staged video despite both Israel Defense Forces and Palestinians acknowledging the video is accurate and is real??

What drives the need to pretend otherwise? Just curious here.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I completely understand the issues the Palestinians face and support them, but I will agree with the others that say this looks like a bad propaganda piece.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: buster2010

This is the modus operandi of the Palestinians ,is it not?

Send women and children into the fray and then say "Look how they attack our women and children!"

???

I am confused under what circumstances is an 11 year old boy with his arm in a sling is a mortal threat to that soldier??

If the boy did pose a threat...throwing rocks or otherwise...then that soldier needs a new line of work that doesn't involve confronting real people..

Maybe he can get a desk job authoring IDF training manuals...Like how to restrain and choke an 11 year boy with arm in sling.

Or how to act like a child and toss a tear gas canister when you get your ass kicked by women and children and your boss steps in and tells you to go away.
edit on 31-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Now can someone explain to me why so many people on this thread have chosen to claim it was a hoaxed or staged video despite both Israel Defense Forces and Palestinians acknowledging the video is accurate and is real??

It was how the little girl acted/reacted that concerned me. She consistently looks back to those filming and then returns her attention to the soldier.

I'm not saying it's fake or staged, but I could see why some would possibly think that.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It was how the little girl acted/reacted that concerned me. She consistently looks back to those filming and then returns her attention to the soldier.

I'm not saying it's fake or staged, but I could see why some would possibly think that.

The IDF have repeatedly discussed and acknowledged the video and incident...just to repeat here for all
NOT STAGED

I get what you are saying about the girl..

The soldier was yelling for back-up..

It makes sense that the girl is looking down the hillside to see how far away the other soldiers are...can they free the boy and run before the other soldiers get there.

The camera is also a life-line. Absent the video rolling this soldier might have behaved worse.

NOT STAGED.

Also...the IDF said they chose to arrest one of the "protestors" because they were getting pelted with rocks.

So, this looks like a penalty arrest. Take thier child and maybe next time those throwing rocks will think twice.

Honestly...any soldier armed and trained that finds an eleven year old boy with his arm in a sling a physical threat...needs another line of work.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The IDF have repeatedly discussed and acknowledged the video and incident...just to repeat here for all
NOT STAGED

I understand and that is why I said "looks like". At the moment I am unable to listen to the audio of the video and my assessment was just of the video.

I'm glad the IDF has discussed the video. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Indigo5
Where does this end?

Actually, the most illuminating part of this thread is watching the 'blame the victim' machine kick in. It isn't even subtle any more, and will probably initiate its own undoing.

Other things strike me...

Like the moment the Soldier presses the boys face into the boulder...

Or after his Commander tells him to walk away and lets the boy go...When the soldier embarrassed and frustrated pops off a tear gas grenade and throws it at the women and children as he walks away.

It is "staged" only as far as someone films it. The Soldier's actions are his own and the child's terror is real.

People seem to be desperately scrambling to find some more comfortable denial...some way to make this OK and acceptable...So you are right...that is an interesting and relevant part of the thread and a way of thinking that continues to drive the conflict there.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

NOT STAGED

I understand and that is why I said "looks like". At the moment I am unable to listen to the audio of the video and my assessment was just of the video.

I'm glad the IDF has discussed the video. Thanks.

Understood...For reference..

"The forces decided to detain one of the Palestinians identified hurling rocks," an Israeli army spokeswoman told CNN.

The army said the commander at the scene halted the arrest to avoid an escalation of the situation.

www.cnn.com...

What worries me is the statement by IDF that they "decided to detain one of the Palestinians hurling rocks"

Why choose an 11 year old boy with his arm in a sling? He was the biggest threat? They claimed they were getting rocks thrown at them be a lot of people? So they say...go make an example and arrest that little boy with his arm in a sling? Vs.an adult?

Either that boy was the biggest threat...which is no threat...or they made the decision to arrest a child in order to send a message...mess with us and we will take your children.

No answers to this question that say good things about the IDF.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I have one simple question - what are any of the dramatis persona in the vid actually trying to achieve ?

As best I can tell..

The mother, g-mother and sister are trying to free the 11 year old boy from the soldiers grip? It looks like when the soldier gripped the terrified child by the neck and pressed his face into boulder in an inhumane way it triggered them. Seeing a mother or sister reacting that way does not seem mysterious?

The soldier? He was trying to set an example...throw rocks at us and we will brutalize and arrest your children.

The filmer?...trying to capture it for the world to see in hopes that somebody will care. He is known for filming the protest confrontations. Twitter and cheap phones with camera's are bringing a whole new light to the middle east conflicts from Iran to Syria to Palestine...it's a good thing IMO? Ditto with Police brutality and every other thing. It's good to see reality happen vs. spun news statements by governments.

What do you think they are trying to achieve?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join