It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's must be interested in our ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If we confirm that our nearby star systems do not have huge oceans then there will be no argument as to why ET would visit us. This common sense logic is disregarded because we already disregard our ocean with pollution, over fishing, and lack of exploration.

This sentiment does not disregard the idea of UFO sightings increasing during our technology boom of radio and the dropping of nuclear and atomic weapons.

As of right now to my understanding Kepler can only determine if an exoplanet is in the goldilocks zone and is a rocky planet like ours. But of the planets and moons in our solar system and exoworlds that we know about it, it dawned upon me how vastly different Earth is from everywhere else. What makes us different is our ocean filled with millions of lifeforms.

We have a beautiful living blue planet that ET's would take immense interest in. If you disagree look at it from a standpoint visually. If ET's have eyes and can see like we do, they would see that Earth is the most interesting planet to visit in our solar system. Earth may be more of an ideal destination than our neighboring solar systems Alpha Centauri, etc...

We have determined the different types of stars in the Universe and their rate of occurrence, and we are starting to do that with gas giants, icy worlds, and rocky worlds.

When we increase or deep space telescope capabilities will we find more planets with large oceans and millions of lifeforms?

Imagine if we actually are the only planet with huge oceans in a 10 million light year radius. If that is true there is no argument that ET's would want to study us.

Even if you disagree with maybe they have no interest in H20, but that is a contradiction in itself because they study the same celestial bodies as we do. It's just like if we discover a planet made up of chocolate we would want to go study it too.

Every skeptic has a variety of reasons why culturally ET would not want to visit us, but there is a physical aspect they are all ignoring because everyone ignores the ocean.

If oceans like ours with millions of lifeforms are common than this theory is null. So far there aren't any except an extinct one on Mars that didn't last very long and oceans under miles of icy crust on our moons that we don't know if they can contain any lifeforms. So that makes Earth an ideal destination for discovery and research.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's a shame that people of this planet can not see the bio-diversity of the home we share with COUNTLESS life forms.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

It's just like if we discover a planet made up of chocolate we would want to go study it too.

Good thread mate and I know a few people who'd definitely want to study that one.

Maybe 'they' are actually already here in our oceans as there are so many global USO reports that it's not even funny anymore.

Don't know if you've read through this thread (all 38 pages of it) but the sheer number of eye-witness reports from naval officers, ship's captains, crewmen, coastguards, submariners, fishermen, airline pilots, policemen, sonar operators etc.. is pretty mindboggling.

USO Research

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thank you! I am taking a look now...I wonder what the USO's do down there? Cool off, refuel, explore, study, rest, hide, teleport, or have a base? Who knows...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

There have been many UFO sightings that have taken place over bodies of water, some even viewed importing H2O up into crafts. I personally believe that some sightings of purported UFOs are linked to resources found on this planet, possibly for use/consumption by these craft. It is also to be noted metals that are found in our oceans may be of significant interest to occupants of these vehicles. Good post, prodding the thought process on a dreary Sunday--thanks!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I agree with your post, to a point. Water is a key ingredient to life, but water is plentiful throughout the entire universe. H20....Hydrogen is the most plentiful gas in the entire universe. Water is everywhere.

What is not plentiful and something aliens would be interested in is the biodiversity of this planet. The actual life itself. Space is chock full of metal, water, all the elements of creation, but life itself is really scarce.

Yes, they are coming to eat us.

Anything they want they can find in space, except for biological matter. They are coming to steal our trees, our grass and eat all the organic matter they can find, because it's so rare.

If we went on a long space voyage and landed on their planet we'd eat them too.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mrwupy

Well our ocean levels are rising so they aren't taking water. Whats rare (at least for the time being) are planets with vast oceans with millions of lifeforms. Unless you think ET's would be more interested in gas giants, ice worlds, or a toxic atmosphere/environment then that is another story.

Hiding their craft in the ocean seems like a pretty good idea. I bet they hide in deep waters. I was just thinking about the grey aliens and their odd abduction medical experiments. I wonder if abductees are encountering some being who lives in darkness. It might be possible for a humanoid intelligent life form to evolve in a dark environment. It would definitely be a weird intelligence which would explain their odd behavior told by abductees.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I feel all planets would hold interest to an advanced life form with greater intelligence, which could put to use the abundance of said worlds...

I would agree though that earth would be the most interesting to study life forms in our solar system...

however I see things a little differently...

A highly intelligent alien species whom chooses to come here to study life would know us as humans rather well...
they would even have the understanding that we do not know much about our oceans nor are we capable of exploring them fully...

This would make the oceans a very good place to hide...

so then you have to ask...

why are the hiding from us?
edit on 31-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

I feel the interest of aliens in our world is suspect for this reason, they choose to hide because they know they are up to no good...
At least the ones behaving in this fashion...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

a reply to: karl 12

Thank you! I am taking a look now...I wonder what the USO's do down there? Cool off, refuel, explore, study, rest, hide, teleport, or have a base? Who knows...

No problem mate and I don't think anybody knows.

The Navy and ONI have been extremely tight lipped about the UFO/USO subject over the years though (basically they haven't declassified anything).

Well our ocean levels are rising so they aren't taking water.

Some freaky reports about that here although I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what is going on.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Perhaps your on to something

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This theory sounds great until you know this fact.

io9.com...

There's more water on Jupiter's moon Europa than there is on Earth

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrwupy
I agree with your post, to a point. Water is a key ingredient to life, but water is plentiful throughout the entire universe. H20....Hydrogen is the most plentiful gas in the entire universe. Water is everywhere.

What is not plentiful and something aliens would be interested in is the biodiversity of this planet. The actual life itself. Space is chock full of metal, water, all the elements of creation, but life itself is really scarce.

Yes, they are coming to eat us.

Anything they want they can find in space, except for biological matter. They are coming to steal our trees, our grass and eat all the organic matter they can find, because it's so rare.

If we went on a long space voyage and landed on their planet we'd eat them too.

I doubt they'd lack the technology to grow their own foods and for such a space faring race to not be able to sustain itself in space, wouldn't get them very far off their own planet.

I see it as being observed and studied, like we do of species here on Earth.

edit on 31-8-2015 by ProleUK because: Typo

edit on 31-8-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

They hide, if they are indeed here, so we carry on without them being an influence on how we develop. Watch and study.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
this site was created in 1999, almost 2 decades later the UFO forums still only have non conclusive UFO related threads, making inconclusive claims backed by obscure youtube videos from hoaxers who generate an income from people whom for almost 2 decades are hoping for that one conclusive UFO thread ! ( I'm being a bit broad and libelous).

I will always remain a skeptic, not for lack of proof, but because life is too grand for UFOs to be what people claim they are for whatever reasons they come up with. ( moon and soul, brains, sperm, oceans) , and not presume an elusive and 'advanced' race what conquered space and propulsion ince ancient times, according to ancient UFO'lites , would still have human-like needs and ego. we are reflecting too much.

easy example, the really rich, they move as far away from civilization as possible or buy their own islands somewhere.
imagine an advanced civilization, they would be as far away from polluted oceans as possible and find untouched oceans somewhere in the universe, to say oceans are 'unique' to earth would be as insane as those claims on those youtube UFO 'evidence' videos. and for some reason UFO or ET's are always smarter than us, that's a possible inferiority complex we seem to have.

I think I illegally hijacked the thread to make my peace with UFO stuff. lol. all in good fun
lets keep it cheeky.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Perhaps your on to something

Really

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The ETE's might be interested in acquiring deuterium fuel from our ocean seawater, for plasma shields around their starships. The deuterium - helium 3 - aneutronic fusion might be most desirable for them, since the distilled seawater process to acquire the deuterium atoms, would result in fresh water. They might have to acquire the helium from extraterrestrial sources like mining on our moon.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManInAsia

I know that fact; Europa's ocean has not been confirmed to host any living creatures. It's also under miles of ice. Why is Europa a better option, who said ET's are here to take our water? An exoplanet or exomoon telescope could not detect oceans under under miles of ice crust. We discovered Europa's ocean by the high plumes of water hitting Cassini.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You're a new account and seem like a troll.

The really rich don't move far away from civilization. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian live in Beverly Hills. 1 example of 1000's.

You mention ancient alien theory briefly in your post and that aliens would not want to come to our polluted oceans, well were our oceans polluted 10,000 years ago?

Oceans so far are very unique to Earth I listed in my OP the only other oceans we have. One is extinct, and 2 are under icy crust with possibly no life. Why would aliens go to those instead? Do you not think Earth is an attractive destination in space compared to everything else relatively close by?

top topics

join