It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate: Round 1: mOjOm vs. RealFlight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ATS Great Debate
Round One

mOjOm vs. RealFlight

Topic: Aliens are currently among us, in plane sight, within society.

mOjOm will take the affirmative position, agreeing with the statement and will have first opening statement.

RealFlight will take the contrary position, and will have first closing statement.

Editing of your posts is strictly prohibited! For obvious reasons. Editing your post results in immediate forfeiture.

1- Competitors assigned the affirmative position go first with an opening statement, and have right of passing their opening statement post to their contrary position competitor. Opening statements cannot contain links.

2- Each competitor in turn contributes six posts to support their side of the topic. (For a total of seven posts) These are the only posts within the debate that may contain links to articles, or embedded pictures/graphics. (one link or graphic per post). No more than 18 hours between posts or you forfeit your turn.

3- The competitor representing the contrary position has first right of closing statement. As with the opening statement, they have an opportunity to pass to their competitor representing the affirmative position. Closing statements cannot contain links.

4- Each competitor can submit one rebuttal to their competitors closing statement, but cannot exceed 200 words. Rebuttals are not required.

This is a total of 18 posts, the debate is closed, and voting begins. Forum members will vote on the merits of your capabilities arguing your side of the position, not their opinion of the position.

The debate begins at 23:00 GMT today. Opening statement from the affirmative side is due by 17:00 tomorrow, or the opening statement is passed to the contrary side.

Good luck, and have fun.

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by William]

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Let us look at the supporting evidence. Begining with ancient cave paintings and Egyptian writtings depicting creatures and craft from beyond this planet to our present time eye witness encounters, human history is rich with accounts of extraterrestrial life interacting with our own.

Also given our own technological advancements in space exploration along with research into inhabiting other worlds, does it not seem all the more likely that other life within our vast universe would also be doing the same?

Given the overwhelming odds pointing toward the possibility of life elsewhere, and the immense amount of documented evidence throughout history, it is far more plausible to believe that aliens are and always have been interlaced with our own lives, than it is to believe in the alternatives. The alternatives being that we as a race have been subject to the largest case of shared mass delusions ever, or have been the unwitting victims of a very devious and well-planned hoax spanning our entire existence as we know it.

You will now see as I do, proof as to why we are definitely not alone!

posted on Jun, 10 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Don�t Worry, Your Neighbor is Not an Alien

To quote the late Carl Sagan, �Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.� UFOologists have been making extraordinary claims since people first saw a light in the sky and did not know what it was.

As children, we are given many fictitious icons in which to believe that subsequently, have no basis in reality. As adults, we have people that want us to believe in some things that do not exist. Allowing them to prey on our insecurities, thus creating a �cult-type� mentality. The belief that aliens are among us gives many people hope in finding the answers to rescue the human condition. In addition, this belief also causes many other people both apprehension and fear. UFOologists prey upon the hopes and fears of these people, thereby allowing a few to control many.

The economic impact of this belief has given rise to an opportunity that individual people, as well as the media, has exploited. This industry is referred to as the �science fiction� industry, with the key word being �fiction.� The portrayal of aliens by the media has helped in fueling numerous sightings and reports. Studies to try and prove the existence of UFOs and visitors from other planets based on these reports have failed to provide us with any tangible evidence.

Our government in the United States has thoroughly investigated the UFO and alien
presence since the 1940�s as has other governments. The idea that various governments across the world could agree in a cover-up of alien existence and that they could respond to a alien encounter and erase all evidence anywhere in the world almost instantly, is impossible.
There is not a single shred of scientific proof to explain exactly how an alien race could transport itself to earth (no ride�no arrive�no need to hide).

Hypothetically speaking, if in fact, an intellectually, superior alien race, possessing unsurpassed technological accomplishments, as well as fantastical paranormal capabilities, i.e., telepathy, exists on earth, would it not be plausible to assume that the members of this race would have manifested their presence, on a grand scale, throughout the entire world? Why is it that they have not shown themselves? Let us say that, for instance, an alien race exists on earth and its purpose for being here is solely a benevolent one. Would they not have already enlightened us with their knowledge concerning humanity�s need for medical, technological, and other advancements? On the flip side of the coin, if an alien race exists among us whose purpose is purely malevolent, why have they not orchestrated a total �take-over� of mankind? Surely this would be possible given their alleged intellectual capacities and technological advancements.

The idea that aliens are living among us, and furthermore, are in plain sight, hinges on the assumption, as well as subsequent proof, that they exist in the first place.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We need responses with 12 hours of this post or this debate will be null.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Due to no response to my opening statement, I would like to make clear that there is no evidence of aliens existing in any form with the human race. Not only is this my personal view, but this view is also shared, as a whole, by the scientific community and world-wide governments. As examples of this, I refer to Philip Klass, a veteran journalist and prominent UFO skeptic. In his book, The Real Roswell Crashed-Saucer Cover-up, Mr. Klass investigated the Roswell incident and concluded that there was not "one shred of evidence in the archives of the federal government that lends any credence to the supposed alien crash at Roswell (or any other locale)." In over 30 years of investigations of all types of reported UFO phenomena, he has concluded that aliens are nonexistent on Earth.

According to Royston Paynter who stated, "As a skeptic I don't care how many people remember having been abducted by aliens. Neither do I care whether or not these claims can be explained in prosaic terms. I require the null hypothesis, that aliens are not involved, to be falsified, before I will consider the ET hypothesis to have been proved. I require physical evidence of the presence of aliens on Earth." This quote, along with other relevant information, can be found at www.webfellows.com...

If you hear or read that somebody has seen an alien or space ship, be sure to enquire by what means it was determined that, first of all, it was a space ship and second, if it was an alien.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
RealFight wins by default.

new topics

top topics

join