It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop takes murder victim's son back to school shopping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hardly ever see anything that is uplifting and about bringing all ethnicity's together - so I wanted to share this heart warming story.

Yes a tragedy occurred and hopefully the killer/s will be apprehended and brought to justice.

With that being said I want to focus this thread on the good that came from this tragedy.

This little boy who had his world turned upside down in just minutes - bonded with an officer at a time when all LEO's are perceived as blood thirsty killers.

For me this is proof positive that they are not.

Such a small gesture of kindness speaks volumes all on its own.

All LEO"s are not blood thirsty killers

The officer reached out and took it upon himself to do something nice for Jakeem. Jones said, “Yes, you just don't find too many people who would be willing to help somebody going through tragedy." Jones hopes other see this and learn not to immediately think all police officers are bad, “Just his gesture of kindness and gratitude that he showed to my grandson speaks volumes. Him and Jakeem made a great bond, they've got shirts alike, everything. So he's a good guy."

Read More at: www.local12.com...

My heart goes out to this young child and his grandmother.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Cops I'm sure do many good things we’ll never know.

Obviously the press rarely covers the good they do

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Cops I'm sure do many good things we’ll never know.

Obviously the press rarely covers the good they do

Here you go: positiveleo.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Agreed.

The cops where I live are for the most part good.

We had a few who tried to get by with some shady dealings but when light was shed onto what they were doing - the community got into an uproar and they are no longer on the force.

The chief of police here is an awesome guy and he does things for children at xmas time like having a box in every store to donate a toy to a child or even rounding up donations that go to children for toys or other things they might need.

My mom tells me about stories when the police walked the beat and actually stopped to talk to ya for a while.

They don't walk the beat per se here but they will stop and talk with ya once in a while.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

That is awesome!

I love reading of stories like these.

Just reminds you once again there is still good people in the world.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Couple days ago two officers from my agency were dispatched to a retailer for a shoplifter. It was a mom who was trying to shoplift clothes for her daughter, who started kindergarten last week. The store ended up declining to press charges and the two officers spent a little less than $300 of their own money on shoes and clothes for the girl. The store wound up giving them a little extra discount so they could get a few more items for the girl.

Good deeds happen every day, it's just sad that they go unnoticed so often.

Great OP

new topics

top topics

join